The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi folks. Imagine you were sitting in a boardroom of an audio hardware and software developer. They ask you "what does the...

Steven Slate
replies: 215 views: 11,085
Agzilla 57 minutes ago

Just wanted to know about chord progressions in hip hop music. Do you guys who produce use chords to create a track? Or do you...

Sagicorn35
replies: 8 views: 552
Redmont 2 hours ago

Anyone owns both and care to comment? Sound, time, anything else. Thanks!

Rea
replies: 1 views: 424
tengu 3 hours ago

Trap is boring, and no one is really listening to that lame genre anymore except old people trying to be young. Boom Bap is...

Instrmntl
replies: 17 views: 1,214
DomiBabi 6 hours ago

After listening to Nicki Minaj’s new Queen album multiple times on iTunes I am still amazed at the vocal clarity on that album....

madehumble
replies: 4 views: 313
madehumble 10 hours ago

Been lurking in hear for years. Always lots of good info. So thanks for all of your posts guys. So anyways, I’ve always been...

LoFizle
replies: 11 views: 426
Acid Mitch 12 hours ago

What's good? I like looking at these gearslutz polls to see what other people do and use to create their music. I did not find a...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 8 views: 445
madehumble 16 hours ago

Instrumental IDK - Trippie Redd's Freestyle - Instrumental by IDK | JAY IDK | Free Listening on SoundCloud Song:...

official_lino
replies: 6 views: 512
peterpiper0815 21 hours ago

Really need some pointers on how the 808 sub was created in the attached file - (Drum stem from Ariana Grande God is a Woman)....

peteyjayjay
replies: 2 views: 443
krakapow 21 hours ago

I enjoy the album for the most part, but the I dont really like the style mixes. A lot of clipping on most songs that come with...

MaztotheUla
replies: 14 views: 748
DAH 1 day ago

Thought this might be of help to some SP owners whose units are noisy. My SP 1200 was noisy as heck on almost all its outputs,...

Fanu
replies: 7 views: 1,483
Fanu 1 day ago

Hi There ! i have bought a Akai Mpk mini Mk 2 a while a go and used the OG cable to tweak around the pad note settings in the...

Resu95
replies: 0 views: 284
Resu95 3 days ago

Hey guyz, Im trying to find a song that goes back before the year 2010 ,cant remember exactly when probably between the year...

Helyan
replies: 0 views: 301
Helyan 3 days ago
replies: 61 views: 6,016
mixedbymatty 4 days ago

Just looking for some input from someone who has upgraded from 8 to the new Pro version. I think I have an understanding of most...

edplank
replies: 1 views: 370
mixedbymatty 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
ENTITY180 4 days ago
theseaofchaos 5 days ago

Hello all, There are pretty a lot of itb mixing while using outboard gear on gearslutz, but they mainly are from 2005-2008. So...

vullee
replies: 37 views: 1,674
PettyCash 5 days ago

Im looking at a possible MPC2000XL to go with my older Akai S3200 as a hw sequencer/sampler Does the MPC2000xl have a...

james090
replies: 6 views: 488
Goa-Dubs 5 days ago

Hey music world. (Avid HD Omni/ Pt HD 10.2 Native/ Mac Pro 1/ Maschine) I recently purchased a dangerous 2 Bus LT set up as...

SJackson
replies: 9 views: 1,993
franktree 6 days ago

Does anybody notice that it seems some trap producers have trouble producing outside the genre? Mike Will has been able to do...

thatizright
replies: 14 views: 966
NewAllianceEast! 6 days ago

Hi, I'm evaluating the purchase of my first synthesizer. my idea is to have a synthesizer that can generate bass sounds similar...

Rodrigo_Piah
replies: 2 views: 345
Rodrigo_Piah 6 days ago

Hey gear people So I’m confused between the new Arturia MiniBrute 2s or buying a Moog mother 32 with a Arturia keystep to...

Faisaaal92
replies: 3 views: 432
stylesforfree 6 days ago

Which new MPC should I get if I don't need a standalone MPC? If I need the features of an MPC X as far as integration with the...

IM WHO YOU THINK
replies: 13 views: 889
v00d00ppl 1 week ago

I want to add an fx unit, to run MPC3000 samples through. Can this be done with the SP404, without resampling into the SP404?...

ginsuthaironchef
replies: 13 views: 673
Goa-Dubs 1 week ago

Ive been recording a lot of vocalist who like to punch inhere and there. I was wondering if you guys have any advice on how to...

HoustonGee
replies: 10 views: 522
bino_5150 1 week ago

Vocal booth at about 2:05 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OxH8riGZl8

musaee
replies: 0 views: 332
musaee 1 week ago

Want to start recording music in my apartment, downtown. I'm thinking about the SM7B as it seems to be the most recommended, but...

1up100
replies: 35 views: 3,916
tdot 1 week ago

I have been literally freaking out from last two days.Kicks on these songs are so loud ,"In your face" , and the body...

rameet47
replies: 18 views: 1,429
_._ 1 week ago

Hey, I really want this exact sound from this song, it sounds like a music box/xylophone and it first appears at 0:06...

imdog
replies: 1 views: 322
LovePlastic 1 week ago
stinkyfingers 1 week ago

On multiple occasions I noticed I have really hard time enjoying the song due to the mix. Id say it: Left me confused,...

Terance1
replies: 11 views: 1,083
jono_marko 1 week ago
ENTITY180 1 week ago

I really like the vintage feel to Droogs vocals What are some techniques to get that sound Also, i notice alot of his beats...

liotta soda
replies: 7 views: 728
liotta soda 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, Fl studio 20 has finally included a feature where you can change your time signature at any moment within your song...

varun213
replies: 25 views: 890
musaee 2 weeks ago

Heyo its me again, yeah I know you'll probably rage at me for making a thread about the more-or-less same topic twice... But...

gheddi
replies: 37 views: 2,640
Captain 8 2 weeks ago

how are 40 and gadget getting the vocal to sound soo smooth? like when the vocal comes in every time the transient is really...

GHINII
replies: 1 views: 488
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

Yo! Looking for info on how they got Kanye's detuned voice on 'I Thought About Killing You' to sound so good. I feel like I know...

Akayemusica
replies: 4 views: 869
AdamBlumMusic 2 weeks ago

The effect on the drums in the intro. What is this and how is he achieving this futuristic effect? YouTube...

Dkelloway
replies: 7 views: 872
bgrotto 2 weeks ago

I realize asking this question here will make most people say "neither".. But I'm on a budget.. And I know I'll get the...

iamkck
replies: 32 views: 24,082
BezowinZ 2 weeks ago

25 Tracks...Side A=Rap, Side B=RnB. What are you guys thoughts on the Verses, recording, mixing, production, etc......? From...

Ace'Lo
replies: 17 views: 1,876
GrammynOut 2 weeks ago
Bstars 2 weeks ago
replies: 8 views: 760
MC Antizino 2 weeks ago

I've been loving Kingsway Music samples for a while now but just went on their website to buy one of their new packs and saw a...

bobcat66
replies: 42 views: 5,528
S_A_P 2 weeks ago

Is there a midi controller that has a turntable-esq component that can take samples and simulate scratches? So far all I can...

kwmcgreal
replies: 11 views: 598
Patrick_ 3 weeks ago
jakeh111 3 weeks ago

Looking for drum loops like the many hip-hop / dance loops in roland Roland SR-JV - SRX expansion boards

TS-12
replies: 0 views: 408
TS-12 3 weeks ago

I know this has probably been discussed to death; but what would be the most effective method to get a pitched 808's like the one...

danielk.uk
replies: 1 views: 539
jlgrimes11 3 weeks ago

With the release of Studio One 4, seems like Presonus may have hit a home run. Being a sample based producer and dj, I base...

robmixx
replies: 37 views: 2,078
tdot 3 weeks ago
CJ Mastering 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search