The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I recently picked up an MPC 2000 classic and it is a lot of fun. I haven't gotten around to A/B testing it, but it seems to...

SpookSound
replies: 38 views: 1,075
Goa-Dubs 1 minute ago

Hey, was listening to outkast aquemini the other day... something I pull out occasionally, and for the first time I noticed the...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 16 views: 1,283
kmmcmill 4 minutes ago

Well.. I need a microphone that's going to give me that classic sound like 80's - 90's like the Vintage U-87. I know most rappers...

LeeRoy
replies: 63 views: 8,408
kmmcmill 8 minutes ago

Anyone ever used more than one delay on a vocal at once? For example, a slap delay with a 1/4 or 1/8 note delay at the same time.

skitzothebeast
replies: 4 views: 411
kmmcmill 12 minutes ago

Hey everybody! Just a quick question. I'm having trouble getting the sound that I want from the the Nuemann tlm 103. I've had the...

Jay Evan
replies: 15 views: 681
kmmcmill 13 minutes ago

How does Wizard Lee get the reverb on these songs to be so big but not distract you from the vocal? I've rolled off the lows and...

skitzothebeast
replies: 2 views: 152
skitzothebeast 5 hours ago

Hi Everyone, So I've been on the search for the microphone that'll suit my needs on this forum but I just can't seem to find...

MuShafi
replies: 54 views: 6,363
statixx 8 hours ago

HI guys, so ive been experimenting with my mixes and noticed that mixing at low volumes really does help with making sure...

varun213
replies: 3 views: 350
atma 11 hours ago

I just ordered my first beat tag and am excited to use it. Which parts of the song should I put it on to avoid piracy? How many...

Ugoff
replies: 12 views: 730
RizzakBeats 12 hours ago

Hi Guys, I've got a Tons of Libraries but with Sounds it's like with money. You can never have enough ;) Here are the...

R&B-Vocalisto
replies: 14 views: 3,736
BezowinZ 18 hours ago

Hey fellas, Recently, I've been trying to figure out how to have a hard-hitting Kick Drum that also since well with a solid...

DontaBlack
replies: 12 views: 464
matucha 18 hours ago

Im trying to create my own sample loops like frank dukes, cubeatz, etc. I know they probably use analog gear to achieve that...

vrdct
replies: 3 views: 432
chris carter 19 hours ago

I spend most of my time with lndustrial, Acid and Goa trance genres as well as weird modular stuff... but I'm an old time 90's...

lineofcontrol
replies: 28 views: 1,539
Tvanbaden 19 hours ago

Yo! I'm in the market for a new machine. I currently have the Maschine Studio but I feel it lacking in terms of creating drum...

simplecomplex1
replies: 63 views: 2,048
ILL GREEN 1 day ago
replies: 9 views: 2,886
deecyde 2 days ago

i recently lost a load of sessions due to my external hd dying on me. i had 3 beats on there that i wanted to keep and...

theseaofchaos
replies: 2 views: 490
Mister Karloff 2 days ago

I make trap music. I got sub - Yamaha HS10 or HS8, I forget, but the sub frequencies suck. My room is treated with panels, bass...

808 District
replies: 50 views: 3,020
maxedwards77 3 days ago

Hi I know there are already threads regarding a similar problem but I think it’s a bit different then the other topics....

Faru12
replies: 10 views: 499
atma 3 days ago

This question is more for those who produce modern hip hop. I am trying to learn different strategies for mixing drums. My...

ac_music
replies: 58 views: 2,259
elgee 3 days ago

hi I'm trying to re-create a 90's style studio but i like to work with the digital equipment too. The computer is more for...

Olskool Bwoy
replies: 43 views: 3,538
Martel80 3 days ago

Alright Guys! Byron Slipper here , AKA Andy Pickering. I thought this might be of some interest to some people here. Mainly...

andypick68
replies: 2 views: 604
illynoise 3 days ago

Everytime I open up the Mpc software in fl studio it says: “ the plugin has closed”. How do I use the Mpc and/or Mpc software...

ice909
replies: 0 views: 261
ice909 4 days ago

Hello, I was recently requested to do this effect on some vocals. And they are very catchy and I would like to know how this is...

OnBeatmg
replies: 2 views: 416
azrael kennedy 4 days ago

Hey gearslutz fam! I'm trying to find out how to mix this vocal effect. It starts at 1:49 on this Big Sean record...

elieguy27
replies: 4 views: 1,355
Mixedbykanalboi 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
DAH 4 days ago

Looking to get into hip hop production. I was thinking a keyboard w/built in drumpad would be a good starter but I am open to...

doom3crazy
replies: 7 views: 523
tdot 5 days ago

So i had a Yamaha motif back in the day and sampling on that thing was amazing, so full and rich as well as depth and clarity(was...

Artcutech
replies: 37 views: 1,903
tdot 5 days ago

Interested in what others are doing, tried Opto mode as another engineer at the studio I work at swears by it, but definitely...

BrokenSilenceEnt
replies: 0 views: 339
BrokenSilenceEnt 5 days ago

Hi. I need help with a decision. I'm hoping you all can provide that help: I am looking at investing in some new...

Treel
replies: 19 views: 2,107
Eudon 5 days ago
frans 5 days ago

how do you make dynamic mix with that? I can automate the vocal and effects but it still doesn't feel dynamic enough for me cause...

samsoretro
replies: 7 views: 626
BrokenSilenceEnt 6 days ago

I have an old Technics turntable from the 80s. It's just a standard consumer level one, worth about $100-$200 now. It works...

PHG
replies: 2 views: 377
PHG 1 week ago
TrustGear 1 week ago
RICKY SITO 1 week ago

How do they mix trippie redd's vocal delay so intelligibly without clouding the mix. Automation can't be the only answer because...

skitzothebeast
replies: 3 views: 488
atma 1 week ago

i feel a little weird asking this as i've been making beats for 13 years now lol. Anyways.. in the context of sending beats to...

march
replies: 8 views: 743
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

I know a lot of you guys go out and find records at local vinyl stores but those that have to prowl the net for them.. Post...

Oh4!
replies: 222 views: 97,689
reggiesears 1 week ago

Any recommendations on drum sample packs for making modern rap ala Post Malone?

andy0568
replies: 2 views: 583
bino_5150 1 week ago

Quality wise for an Bedroom with carpet 13 ft long, 11 ft wide, 7 ft height. A male Hip hop & R&B artist(mostly hip hop...

walterlopez8
replies: 10 views: 476
Will The Weirdo 1 week ago

I APOLIGIZE TO ANYONE WHO FEELS READING THIS THREAD MADE THEM STUPIDER if you have the time please take a moment to read what...

Artcutech
replies: 18 views: 1,054
Artcutech 1 week ago
sotorious 1 week ago

first of all I'd like to say I came across these boards yesterday and so far I'm loving them!! there is so much knowledge dropped...

hitsville
replies: 98 views: 34,570
Methlab 1 week ago

Let's try to keep politics out of this, haha. I'm scared to even mention Kanye right now, but what do you think of the way...

Lando Calrissian
replies: 7 views: 825
kangking 1 week ago
verse7 2 weeks ago

I've been getting the hang of hiphop music production lately, but making my own drums has still been a challenge. I'm considering...

monkeychow
replies: 85 views: 34,397
barryfell 2 weeks ago

I'm really struggling with reverb lately. I've been trying to recreate the reverb on the initial synth at the beginning of...

onthekeys
replies: 3 views: 386
chris carter 2 weeks ago
BIG BUDDHA 2 weeks ago

I’ve been listening to Close by Rae Sremmurd lately and I’m blown away at how great the delay and reverb sounds on swae lees...

Kodakell
replies: 2 views: 570
kangking 2 weeks ago

As a producer, do I really need to make my beats loudness similar to mainstream tracks? Personally, I don't because I think my...

MixingChamp
replies: 9 views: 874
kangking 2 weeks ago

I'm trying out my hardware comps with some drum loops. One of them is actually the comp included in my Analog Rytm drum machine....

ac_music
replies: 3 views: 408
atma 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search