The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1 views: 634
Bender412 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
DAH 1 hour ago

Hey all! YouTube I was just wondering how you think this guy gets such a clean mix, it's one of the cleanest mixes I've...

reapingghillie
replies: 12 views: 522
ANR2011 2 hours ago

Out of the blue, I've been trying to find that song. Can't really remember how the melody goes but I'll know if I hear it...

Phroggy
replies: 70 views: 90,031
jasonalexander92 3 hours ago

Hey guys, A specific kick I'm using sounds amazing when it's clipping on its channel - the tone of it is perfect. Even with a...

pilamon
replies: 5 views: 271
JHOOKS 5 hours ago
replies: 46 views: 4,302
mainstreamdjs 7 hours ago

This question is more for those who produce modern hip hop. I am trying to learn different strategies for mixing drums. My...

ac_music
replies: 59 views: 2,526
jimmyklane 9 hours ago

So, we’ve had a few days to listen to it. What do you guys think about the production and engineering of the album?

ArcticAudio
replies: 36 views: 1,556
open_source 20 hours ago

Good evening all! I’m looking to spend 5-6k on my studio and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding how I...

Anadivine816
replies: 2 views: 372
open_source 20 hours ago

I know you can buy plug ins for thempcto place 909 etc, but can the mpc touch/mpc's be used as a drum machine like the rolands or...

Downtime_1
replies: 3 views: 338
v00d00ppl 21 hours ago

Hey everybody, can I ask for your help please? I like to produce trap beats on Fruity Loops and there's one problem I always...

ep12
replies: 14 views: 1,056
JHOOKS 1 day ago

Recently, I upgraded to Ableton Live 10. As I was installing the new packs, I noticed it had a new set of Beat Tools. Although...

Synth Guru
replies: 6 views: 606
JHOOKS 1 day ago

Interested in what others are doing, tried Opto mode as another engineer at the studio I work at swears by it, but definitely...

BrokenSilenceEnt
replies: 3 views: 681
V.t 1 day ago

those sounds from Prince's "Little Red Corvette" or "1999", etc... what module or plug-in holds these famous...

ssprod19
replies: 71 views: 41,607
Cabrone 1 day ago

Hi folks. Imagine you were sitting in a boardroom of an audio hardware and software developer. They ask you "what does the...

Steven Slate
replies: 170 views: 6,831
Hip Hop Head 1 day ago

Care to share your techniques for mixing vocals to a stereo two tracks and getting them to sound top 40 billboard...

GHINII
replies: 18 views: 740
GHINII 2 days ago

often times I get people wanting that ultra thick, punchy, fat vocal that you can feel....typically more on the dry side....dry...

Sampire
replies: 25 views: 10,543
phaceless 2 days ago

YouTube Hey all! I was just wondering how this producer made the pad (omnisphere?) so watery and sample like. Whatever effects...

877spy
replies: 2 views: 298
877spy 3 days ago

I have been literally freaking out from last two days.Kicks on these songs are so loud ,"In your face" , and the body...

rameet47
replies: 15 views: 841
atma 4 days ago

Does anyone know what synth/preset was used for the pad in this song, and what was done to it to get it to sound like that? Or...

alteredchords
replies: 2 views: 648
alteredchords 1 week ago

So, The Weeknd has come out again to prove himself as most likely the most interesting pop artist to come out in the last 15...

sfilipee
replies: 35 views: 2,629
sfilipee 1 week ago

Heyo its me again, yeah I know you'll probably rage at me for making a thread about the more-or-less same topic twice... But...

gheddi
replies: 12 views: 1,145
Captain 8 1 week ago

Hey guys, So I have been recording Hip-Hop/Rap for at least 6-7 years now and recently I upgraded my whole studio. Now I am...

ProCeMusic
replies: 12 views: 1,054
tdot 1 week ago

Hi, I need some advise on what equipment i should get in order to achieve really high quality sounds and industry level...

strikervz
replies: 18 views: 693
kangking 1 week ago

Hey fellas, Recently, I've been trying to figure out how to have a hard-hitting Kick Drum that also since well with a solid sub...

DontaBlack
replies: 45 views: 1,677
elegentdrum 1 week ago

I know this is a pretty pathetic 'problem', compared to most people's problems, but is anyone else feeling overwhelmed by how...

barryfell
replies: 107 views: 2,618
barryfell 1 week ago

Hey Guys looking for advice please help =) I wanna add a sub signal generator to a kick for it to have a boomy low end and...

BoyBlue
replies: 5 views: 534
BoyBlue 1 week ago

Can anyone help please?. Yeah I know mpc stuff has them but shipping is killer to the UK and I know they're just typical oem...

rirawin
replies: 0 views: 385
rirawin 1 week ago

Yo! I'm in the market for a new machine. I currently have the Maschine Studio but I feel it lacking in terms of creating drum...

simplecomplex1
replies: 73 views: 3,208
atma 1 week ago

I was wondering how I could go about achieving this effect that comes in at about 1:01-1:02 during the snare fill. It sounds to...

Dkelloway
replies: 2 views: 540
atma 1 week ago

TjRBIdLt6s8 That sound that appears to be layered over the snare that you can hear closely in the intro doing that little...

Dkelloway
replies: 4 views: 731
superstupid 1 week ago

HI guys, so ive been experimenting with my mixes and noticed that mixing at low volumes really does help with making sure...

varun213
replies: 24 views: 1,326
deondamage 1 week ago

With the release of Studio One 4, seems like Presonus may have hit a home run. Being a sample based producer and dj, I base...

robmixx
replies: 21 views: 1,050
atma 2 weeks ago

I frequently use a technique in my production where i will take a loop/sample, duplicate it on another track and pitch shift the...

chudslayer
replies: 2 views: 411
atma 2 weeks ago

Drake - Nothing Was The Same - Noah 40 Shebib And Noel Gadget Campbell ?! Ok so assuming you've heard drake new album ... my...

austinbrown
replies: 5 views: 5,426
GHINII 2 weeks ago

Just wondered if any one here has any info regarding the recording techniques and equipment used on some of those classic drum...

dialectic
replies: 20 views: 6,967
DAH 2 weeks ago

Hello all, this week im buying one of these two microphones. little can i find for directly comparing them, and in their stand...

teamskdm
replies: 2 views: 489
teamskdm 2 weeks ago

I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to hardware and could still learn a lot when it comes to music production, but I'm looking to...

SonicallyDeaf
replies: 10 views: 759
tdot 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and this is my first thread. I'm looking for a entry level microphone for rap. Is the blue...

Edobajo
replies: 20 views: 1,461
tdot 2 weeks ago

hi I'm trying to re-create a 90's style studio but i like to work with the digital equipment too. The computer is more for...

Olskool Bwoy
replies: 79 views: 4,498
Martel80 2 weeks ago

I’m just getting back into recording I have a Apollo quad that while be here Tuesday, of the two which do you think will give...

Cokey30
replies: 3 views: 354
scandal 2 weeks ago

Looking to get into hip hop production. I was thinking a keyboard w/built in drumpad would be a good starter but I am open to...

doom3crazy
replies: 18 views: 926
atma 2 weeks ago

Quality wise for an Bedroom with carpet 13 ft long, 11 ft wide, 7 ft height. A male Hip hop & R&B artist(mostly hip hop...

walterlopez8
walterlopez8 2 weeks ago
GHINII 3 weeks ago

This guy Crabtree composes samples. They sound pretty good IMO. https://www.instagram.com/mtksays/?hl=en Check the story...

lofisohigh
replies: 0 views: 440
lofisohigh 3 weeks ago

Hey, was listening to outkast aquemini the other day... something I pull out occasionally, and for the first time I noticed the...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 19 views: 1,622
Smack Dammit 3 weeks ago
TS-12 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone ! I am a new home studio engineer and I am facing a problem. It has now been about three months I am mixing...

Izem
replies: 3 views: 580
agentgfunk 3 weeks ago

Im trying to create my own sample loops like frank dukes, cubeatz, etc. I know they probably use analog gear to achieve that...

vrdct
replies: 12 views: 1,048
vxnylrules 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, Fl studio 20 has finally included a feature where you can change your time signature at any moment within your song...

varun213
replies: 17 views: 563
brockorama 3 weeks ago

Lookin at the new Akai MPC Live. It seems like Akai just makes new stuff that does what the old stuff does, more efficiently....

ginsuthaironchef
replies: 9 views: 2,124
Chaz59 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search