The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Loopmasters
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello. I was wondering what the general workflow was like in the 90s / early 00s. From making the beat on hardware to...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 1 views: 113
DAH 1 minute ago

Hear me out on this. Hip hop was brought up on people using the gear they had at disposal and making great music with it. Most...

sammmoxo
replies: 8 views: 185
Matteusz 37 minutes ago

Trap is boring, and no one is really listening to that lame genre anymore except old people trying to be young. Boom Bap is...

Instrmntl
replies: 65 views: 21,056
Hip Hop Head 3 hours ago

One of the wild theories I like to bandy about is the idea that "screwed" music (you know, the slowed down stuff coming...

bradb
replies: 18 views: 2,719
Babyte 6 hours ago

Im looking for a higher end mic that will match my voice but need help, I've been searching for a month now. I currenly use a b1...

onshott1
replies: 36 views: 1,723
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

Sup slutz I'm thinking of getting one of these but still have some doubts about which one would be the best option. I'm mostly...

Deleted 45df8d9
replies: 3 views: 205
MRSEED 1 day ago

Hey what’s up everybody I like using this type of sub bass that comes stock in Ableton called “hip hop sub bass” but I...

Fergstramental
replies: 3 views: 279
Fergstramental 1 day ago
replies: 7 views: 557
OBOYO 1 day ago

I will start with some ones. (I obtained this info from old interviews on the net, magazines, asking directly to producers and...

Deleted 45df8d9
replies: 1 views: 261
Deleted 45df8d9 3 days ago

Has Anyone Listened to Brandy’s new album? For me the vocals sound awful..and her previous are like the gospel of RnB vocal...

HarryCraze
replies: 4 views: 329
HarryCraze 3 days ago

I bought the Digital Sound Factory Ensoniq EPS/ASR library from eBay. After downloading the samples and going through the 808...

kvmoore
replies: 5 views: 1,551
alexkidd401 3 days ago

What's up everybody Lately I have been working on getting my mixes right for the streaming services. I have been using all...

Fergstramental
replies: 5 views: 345
Fergstramental 4 days ago

Hi guys, I started learning Ableton at the beginning of last year on and off. Just for something fun to do after work. It's...

swish420
replies: 2 views: 229
swish420 4 days ago

I was listening to some supposedly new Rappers (well...new to me because I never heard of them before). Regardless, the Mixing on...

ANR2011
replies: 90 views: 7,020
JanZoo 4 days ago

Blueberry Faygo - Lil Mosey must’ve been engineered by god himself, if you haven’t heard it please take a listen to the...

ForeignFaraz
replies: 10 views: 1,231
kch2121 4 days ago

Hello, I have some new monitors but they are quite tall and the tweeters are above my ears. How important is it to have the...

jamesb09
replies: 13 views: 351
jamesb09 5 days ago

You can hear it in this songs ( All The way thru in “No Sylist”, sometimes in “Numbers”...

IssaFuego
replies: 0 views: 205
IssaFuego 5 days ago

Not debating the group here, hate or love them but they have really nice sounding vocals on some of their more widely known LP's....

masta1
replies: 10 views: 1,689
killa ego 6 days ago

I recorded these myself (obviously). Various funk, tempo is right around 100 BPM. Used an ipod sitting on my kit to do the...

poserp
replies: 4 views: 434
gearstudent 1 week ago

So Omnisphere user audio playback is second to none as far as plug-ins i’ve messed with, but sample editing is none existent,...

Artcutech
replies: 6 views: 2,651
trevon 1 week ago

Hey everyone, I've been songwriting for some time already, have a few songs that I have written but never recorded , I tried...

Straw
replies: 10 views: 323
mikegentry 1 week ago

hey everyone. I'm current using an apex ribbon mic.. with a focusrite 2i2 usb interface. my old mic i still have is an at2020....

jcsmyth
replies: 12 views: 954
onshott1 1 week ago

I record Reggae/Dancehall music (think hiphop/Raggamuffin and a bit of singing) currently Im recording on a 'Rode NTK' mic into...

Dread
replies: 25 views: 7,307
gearstudent 1 week ago

Hello, I Sing/Produce/Mix since 6months, I work and mix everydays I saw a lot of videos in my native tongue and in english, and...

Louuurd
replies: 6 views: 368
DAH 1 week ago

Hello sound lovers! My hard work and perseverance in mixing is starting to pay off as my mixes are getting better and better....

Izem
replies: 2 views: 310
chris carter 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
asicbeast 1 week ago

I have a copy on my Presonus account, would anyone be interested in a swap deal for it? Open to any offers!!!

Nokturnl88
replies: 0 views: 176
Nokturnl88 1 week ago

Hello sound lovers, I might need help with EQing my vocals. When I compare my vocals to professional recordings vocals, I feel...

Izem
replies: 26 views: 1,829
jlgrimes11 1 week ago

Basically I have gone in from the line input and the main output on the manley core and routed into the two line/mic inputs in...

Samsonincredible
replies: 0 views: 198
Samsonincredible 1 week ago

Hi, im running pro-tools le (mbox mini) on a macbook pro, using an all software set up, with a midi controller /...

TLMUSIC
replies: 42 views: 4,784
IM WHO YOU THINK 2 weeks ago

Just curious to see what people tend to use the most these days, feel free to share ;)

Bippo
replies: 2 views: 359
Frikenz 2 weeks ago

Yo! For those of you that enjoy my first free instalment of one shots. I have put together a 7 gb pack of breaks, fills,...

Paul_G
replies: 49 views: 3,333
b0se 2 weeks ago
replies: - views: -
vademus 2 weeks ago

hi my proteus 2000 display is fading away you can hardly see what it saying..any idea what could be the problem?

babar141
replies: 18 views: 9,509
Drdeadrock 2 weeks ago

Misused Hip-Hop Terms Definitions: Calling yourself a professional artist or engineer and not understanding the proper terms...

drethe5th
replies: 79 views: 5,281
Asno B. 3 weeks ago

I've been using Push 2 / Ableton for couple of years, and im still tempted getting my hands on MPC X... Will it worth it?

besty
replies: 5 views: 1,186
s12512 3 weeks ago

Hey, I came across a interesting song the other day, what I cant figure out is how they made the 808s sound so intruiging....

ffrusciante
replies: 0 views: 275
ffrusciante 3 weeks ago

A while back I saw some posts about a Ken Lewis course titled “Mixing for Mixtapes“. What are people’s thoughts on it?...

cardinalcrunk
replies: 2 views: 545
MRSEED 3 weeks ago

I know people have been complaining about the pitch correction but I love the reverb in this song I tried recreating it myself...

NLVD
replies: 0 views: 396
NLVD 3 weeks ago

Hey guys Do you know what equipment was used for the old classic Wu productions like Raekwon - only built 4 Cuban Linx, GZA -...

Faru12
replies: 11 views: 1,436
MRSEED 3 weeks ago

Hey Everybody, So I have been recording/engineering music for about 8 years, and in particular mostly hip-hop/rap and am...

ProCeMusic
replies: 3 views: 1,494
larmusicgroup 3 weeks ago

Hi, I was curious if anyone had insight into what they think is going on here. Jesus is king (Kanye West) is a great album,...

davidmadethis
replies: 0 views: 432
davidmadethis 3 weeks ago

Hello. I am seeking to create this vocal sound effect that I've heard in many westcoast and funk tracks. Link -...

kflow222
replies: 5 views: 479
peterpiper0815 3 weeks ago

Doing rap vocals need suggestions on a preamp that pairs well with u87ai. I was about to buy bae 1073mp but realized I have to...

onshott1
replies: 13 views: 909
gearstudent 3 weeks ago

Currently own JBL LSR 4328p Monitors / 4312sp subwoofer, everything has been great, except sub is not working right now, and its...

bmgstudios
replies: 14 views: 1,889
veks 4 weeks ago

So I am looking for a stand-alone sequencer/sampler that is fun and easy to use. I want to use it to sketch out the track with...

smccarthy945
replies: 84 views: 3,816
Goa-Dubs 4 weeks ago

Just tried the new hardware update (1.3) and it's loaded with bugs. You still can't use your own samples to make even a 4 bar...

TRSC
replies: 69 views: 30,447
kazper 4 weeks ago

Hey slutz, I have a track that I worked on in Maschine, and I need to export stems in order to track/mix/sweeten in Pro Tools....

MrChang
replies: 1 views: 292
MrChang 4 weeks ago

Here's my problem: Every single guide I find online, in text, or youtube, or even here on gearslutz on "how to mix old...

Mesmerized
replies: 73 views: 4,415
Goa-Dubs 4 weeks ago

Hey guys! Im having a real hard time coming to a decision on whether or not I should go hardware or in the box when it comes...

KRebz
replies: 32 views: 1,002
Bender412 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search