The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,191
Views: 2,191
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I know this is bad practice from what I have heard and in theory it definitely makes sense. My case is this though..I make...

varun213
replies: 18 views: 711
kasami08 11 minutes ago

If I buy the MPC Software 2.0, can I control it with the 2000xl or 2500 hardware? Or do I have to have one of the newer model...

PHG
replies: 22 views: 669
Monotremata 30 minutes ago

i know theres alot of vst's out there and they are pricey especially when you need several. Which vst's are gonna give me the...

dmas
replies: 18 views: 15,224
MCDerbuss 41 minutes ago

As a producer, do I really need to make my beats loudness similar to mainstream tracks? Personally, I don't because I think my...

MixingChamp
replies: 6 views: 463
JR Mastering 5 hours ago

So, just as we were on the verge of saving that trainwreck of a thread, things got outta hand again. I'd LOVE to hear some of...

bgrotto
replies: 390 views: 68,310
unitymusic 10 hours ago

How do I achieve this vocal effect from 0:03 to 0:08? I hear it on a lot of contemporary records where there seem to be lower and...

skitzothebeast
replies: 8 views: 353
elegentdrum 17 hours ago

So i had a Yamaha motif back in the day and sampling on that thing was amazing, so full and rich as well as depth and clarity(was...

Artcutech
replies: 28 views: 1,163
atma 17 hours ago

Currently tracking mostly urban vocals (rap and r&b) U87ai >blue Robbie>wa76>eqp-wa>pure2>daw. Trying to...

rollin weight
replies: 42 views: 4,303
Dayo 1 day ago

I just ordered my first beat tag and am excited to use it. Which parts of the song should I put it on to avoid piracy? How many...

Ugoff
replies: 1 views: 288
chris carter 1 day ago

hi everybody! i'm new to this board but I am fascinated as it seems to be the best board i visited yet! very polite &...

molemon
replies: 13 views: 8,671
ginsuthaironchef 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
ginsuthaironchef 1 day ago

Hey guys, For those of you who have used the heavy hitters like the 800g, how does the copperhead compare sonically? I...

Krush411
replies: 2 views: 258
Krush411 1 day ago

His stuff is INSANE. One song really caught my attention -- "BRB", mainly the intro keyboard sound and arp. I know it...

caminitic
replies: 2 views: 249
atma 1 day ago

So, The Weeknd has come out again to prove himself as most likely the most interesting pop artist to come out in the last 15...

sfilipee
replies: 26 views: 1,297
sfilipee 2 days ago

Greetings, I just got put on to the MPC Black, has anyone else gotten this? It looks delicious and I am definitely looking at...

danoc
replies: 130 views: 8,143
Acidizer 2 days ago

hi I'm trying to re-create a 90's style studio but i like to work with the digital equipment too. The computer is more for...

Olskool Bwoy
replies: 28 views: 2,644
Martel80 3 days ago

(Pretty sure this is in the right topic, might not, feel free to tell me if it is and I'll delete this thread and repost it in...

FranckTheMiner
replies: 18 views: 1,359
Lando Calrissian 3 days ago

I need a hardware MIDI sequencer to use with Ableton Live. That is: Live would be handling all the audio and plug-ins while a...

bxt403
replies: 0 views: 274
bxt403 4 days ago

Out of the blue, I've been trying to find that song. Can't really remember how the melody goes but I'll know if I hear it...

Phroggy
replies: 68 views: 86,708
AleyG 4 days ago

Hopefully someone can help as this issue has been driving me nuts! I've currently been recording an artist out of my home...

audiosensi
replies: 11 views: 451
audiosensi 4 days ago

Hey Gearslutz I am considering to buy one off the emulations of SSL E channel. But I have no experience with real SSL console...

ssyniu
replies: 34 views: 2,224
Melvin III 5 days ago
MixingChamp 5 days ago

I APOLIGIZE TO ANYONE WHO FEELS READING THIS THREAD MADE THEM STUPIDER if you have the time please take a moment to read what...

Artcutech
replies: 14 views: 629
atma 6 days ago

Has anyone watched this yet? It has more footage of Dr Dre actually working in the studio and speaking candidly in interviews...

bloodybob
replies: 25 views: 2,330
Quetz 6 days ago
Goa-Dubs 6 days ago

The genre is stagnating. It’s amazing how the sonic palette of hip hop has stayed much the same in the last couple of years....

miscend
replies: 276 views: 10,655
mp3 1 week ago
Syrtis 1 week ago

Is there way to explode individual tracks while exporting audio in song mode?

Instrmntl
replies: 3 views: 468
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

Hey since someone I bought a weissklang v17 (very very good micro plug on my sound card audient id 22 but I would like to push...

goldjungen57
replies: 3 views: 436
goldjungen57 1 week ago

Hey Guys, I'm currently working on a project and the artist really wants a bass sound similar to Kanye's "Ni**as in...

Mr.MRey
replies: 1 views: 354
Bgtheengineer 1 week ago

I want to thank the internet for all this misinformation surrounding the ASR-X. Thanks to that I got one for the price of a SM 58...

PapiBlack
replies: 38 views: 14,268
Lazer Toms 1 week ago

I spend most of my time with lndustrial, Acid and Goa trance genres as well as weird modular stuff... but I'm an old time 90's...

lineofcontrol
replies: 27 views: 1,448
PHG 1 week ago

I work with an engineer and he prefers to add a little compression to every single instrument saying he has more control over the...

varun213
replies: 29 views: 1,091
varun213 1 week ago

Hello Hip Hop Slutz. I am getting the notion to get into vinyl and possibly other turntable rigs again after many years away...

Shadowkast
replies: 8 views: 670
jm2c 1 week ago

Hey, was listening to outkast aquemini the other day... something I pull out occasionally, and for the first time I noticed the...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 6 views: 794
Scratcher 1 week ago

All of DJ Mustard's synth lines are so barebones simple but they sound so freakin fat? How does he do it? I can never seem to get...

carlosdanger
replies: 74 views: 42,178
mattg082 1 week ago
mike912 1 week ago

Ok we all know the other method to slaving Pro Tools to the MPC requires us to make a pre roll of 1 bar to give the MPC and Pro...

Adonis Martine
replies: 34 views: 2,929
J Gabriel 1 week ago

So, I have this grungy loop from originally about 10 years ago, that I wanted to recreate from scratch into a full track (please...

atma
replies: 0 views: 336
atma 1 week ago

Need some help deciding between getting the MPC Studio Black or a roland SP404. Im looking to use the sampler to make and produce...

sdkeefe
replies: 17 views: 832
killa ego 2 weeks ago
FreshProduce 2 weeks ago
amen 2 weeks ago

Hey Slutz, this one is about those albums/songs that sound so damn good in some aspect. Share the diamonds of hip hop...

.drIX.
replies: 24 views: 1,279
jlgrimes11 2 weeks ago

I'm pretty new at mastering and I cant quite get it to sound like I want it to. It always sounds overlimited and squished!...

DiggingForRoots
replies: 42 views: 1,979
jlgrimes11 2 weeks ago

Heyo its me again, yeah I know you'll probably rage at me for making a thread about the more-or-less same topic twice... But...

gheddi
replies: 11 views: 624
jlgrimes11 2 weeks ago

What were some of the sound modules used in No Limit, UGK, Wreckshop, Slip and Slide...etc. songs back then?

Christianmaza
replies: 18 views: 1,753
jlgrimes11 2 weeks ago

I'm new to audio engineering and I'm trying to get a similar autotune sound like in the song I've listed. Can anyone guide me on...

BoneG19
replies: 6 views: 531
Melvin III 2 weeks ago

these are pretty much my favorite hip hop vocals ever... allegedly recorded in the control room with a handheld. what do...

musaee
replies: 0 views: 400
musaee 2 weeks ago

does anyone know how to make the bass sound he breaks down here around :50 seconds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCaqY8Y7lxY

soundnarcotics
replies: 0 views: 310
soundnarcotics 3 weeks ago

Has anyone every tried to program Wash D.C. style Go-Go beats? If so, have any tips you'd like to share? Still haven't nailed...

Animal Rescue
replies: 15 views: 641
Shobiz 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search