The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This thread is for showing your mixes, asking for advice on a mix, etc. Do Not Start a Thread Asking For People To Check Out...

TonyBelmont
replies: 5,854 views: 480,136
chokerjoker4 4 days ago

After seeing threads about "Who's your favorite producer" and "Best Beats of 2013". I've decided to try and...

TonyBelmont
replies: 226 views: 96,740
tyquan 4 weeks ago

As some of you may know... for the last 15+ years, I have worked very closely with a lot of rappers/ producers, and have been the...

TonyBelmont
replies: 183 views: 115,375
DozerMayne 27th March 2016

I was a bit curious. Who uses this software ??? (or "why do I always feel like I'm the only one using it in the music...

Zacchino
replies: 105 views: 25,994
gravyface 30 minutes ago

Hey so I'm back with another question regarding my vocal mixing. Currently I feel the vocals sound really great but just not...

J.D Weir
replies: 0 views: 3
J.D Weir 47 minutes ago

I have a vermona drm 1 analog drum machine but its been collecting dust for almost 2 years and I never used any of the created...

varun213
replies: 10 views: 420
Paul_G 5 hours ago

I want to thank the internet for all this misinformation surrounding the ASR-X. Thanks to that I got one for the price of a SM 58...

PapiBlack
replies: 29 views: 12,459
alexkidd401 1 day ago

Hello, i was experimenting with a rap vocal chain using before the RVOX and then the CA-2A what do you think about the order and...

soundcard91
replies: 7 views: 251
soundcard91 1 day ago

I wanna make New Jack Swing style beats. What do I need to start? I have no clue what type of drum machines and modules they...

Lando Calrissian
replies: 136 views: 40,314
creative69 1 day ago

Hi people, I've been producing mostly boom bap and lofi stuff for some years now using almost only FL Studio... about 3 months...

gheddi
replies: 6 views: 540
ILL GREEN 1 day ago

What up guys, I'm using Pro Tools 12 and Kontakt 5 to make beats. I mainly drop samples onto Kontakt. I'm trying to stack the...

robofficial
replies: 1 views: 240
EvilDragon 1 day ago

I think these are a goldmine of forgotten gems. I’ve been going through my collection of vintage sample CDs from the 80s and...

miscend
replies: 0 views: 232
miscend 1 day ago

I currently have a TLM 103 mic going straight into my Saffire Pro 40 interface and I’m looking to invest in a preamp for around...

bosran
replies: 14 views: 573
deuc647 2 days ago

I am currently in the market for a microphone and preamp (do I need one?)? I have an apollo twin, and this is for my home setup....

DecadeNow
replies: 2 views: 275
Joestudio 2 days ago

reading a 2012 interview with Lewis Parker, and was interested by the following... UKHH.COM: Tell me about something you...

Living Bate
replies: 1 views: 351
Tnevz 2 days ago

So I recently bought an ensoniq asr 10 off eBay. Plugged it in. Powers on fine. It first looks for a SCSI input which I have...

Roddick1993
replies: 2 views: 264
3rd Degree 2 days ago

Its hella talent on this site and I'm trying to hear some dope artist/producers! I don't listen to the radio so I need some good...

d1rdyd
replies: 783 views: 71,634
Malt Liquor Bum 2 days ago

The genre is stagnating. It’s amazing how the sonic palette of hip hop has stayed much the same in the last couple of years....

miscend
replies: 42 views: 1,435
stylesforfree 3 days ago

Lookin at the new Akai MPC Live. It seems like Akai just makes new stuff that does what the old stuff does, more efficiently....

ginsuthaironchef
replies: 8 views: 639
3rd Degree 3 days ago

Hey! I just saw this clip from instagram with Timbaland making a very dope beat: Instagram The snare sounds like a very classic...

AlexanderL
replies: 2 views: 304
FreshProduce 3 days ago

Does anyone know of any tutorials on chopping on the ensoniq eps classic?

beyondat
replies: 13 views: 1,959
Noisewagon 4 days ago

I’ve been noticing a really weird problem when I use auto tune for recording vocals. For my personal setup, I’m running a TLM...

bosran
replies: 5 views: 403
bosran 4 days ago

anybody have a suggestion/opinion on the best quality 808/909 samples? i'm looking for unprocessed hits preferably.. with...

sasha222
replies: 53 views: 62,288
kvmoore 4 days ago

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and this is my first thread. I'm looking for a entry level microphone for rap. Is the blue...

Edobajo
replies: 18 views: 717
PettyCash 6 days ago

Funny story.....I came across her on a conspiracy theory site and it just raised my interest level completely lol But thats not...

Cgbravo
replies: 29 views: 7,970
Benprogfuse 6 days ago

I used to own an Akai Advance and really liked the big pads on it. They felt great and probably were the best I've used. I'm...

rids
replies: 1 views: 257
rids 1 week ago

Anyone have the nexus hip hop 2 expansion? From the demo it sounds like a big improvement from their first hip hop expansion. ...

The Comeback Kid
replies: 0 views: 292
The Comeback Kid 1 week ago

So what was the latest drop offs that landed under the tree? Anything music related, even a T-Shirt, Strings, Keyboard, Mic,...

drethe5th
replies: 22 views: 970
The Comeback Kid 1 week ago

Anyone know where I can get a copy of MusicMath 4? I can't seem to find it when i go to any website that claims to have it.

saim126
replies: 0 views: 266
saim126 1 week ago

its the percussion sound that hits with the crash during the intro its panned to the left. its like a rain shaker type sound...

soundnarcotics
replies: 3 views: 260
Noisewagon 1 week ago

sometimes I just like to go in and flow with a beat and hate the the pauses where you have to search for a good sound. I had...

varun213
replies: 4 views: 552
varun213 1 week ago

Hi, I'm going to be recording a 90's style, jazz breakbeat Hip-Hop track for a university assignment. I'm taking influence...

morganjones33
replies: 36 views: 2,764
SEED78 1 week ago

Hey Guys, i am now a lucky owner of the asr 10. My Problem is that i cant Sync these 2 together. I want to trigger a few...

mrvisdome
replies: 1 views: 294
Studio507 1 week ago

Does anyone know how to get that that vocal effect Ben Billion uses in his productions. It's a pitched vocal with some reverb and...

TOFMD
replies: 5 views: 291
TOFMD 1 week ago

Do you guys have any tips on training my ears to hear what needs to be EQ'd in a mix? I remember in audio school we had a mix...

DROPKICK
replies: 63 views: 11,683
Aperez18 1 week ago

Hello,all. I recently got a gig as an engineer/producer at a local record company.I am experienced at mixing variuos styles,but...

cordova85
replies: 23 views: 1,479
TOFMD 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
EyeMknox 1 week ago

Hi I am getting into producing hip hop beats and cutting samples, and I record live instruments also. I am wondering what is...

homealone01
replies: 4 views: 632
ILL GREEN 1 week ago

I want to buy a good cartidge for sampling purposes . I'don't care about scratching , i just want the best cardige you can...

SkeletonBeats
replies: 2 views: 354
BezowinZ 2 weeks ago

Any good tips on how to arrange a hip hop track? This is an extremely broad question, but arranging is so important so I'm hoping...

MitchGeist
replies: 26 views: 7,366
Threads 2 weeks ago

still haven't found a good answer: Who has a big pack of 808's for sale WITH THE PITCH labeled of each 808? Not looking for a...

ddeez
replies: 27 views: 2,827
killa ego 2 weeks ago

Apologies if this has already been posted... But I just saw this and it is f**cking...

m4thlab
replies: 15 views: 2,063
akai612 2 weeks ago

I'm looking for a good hardware Flac player for sampling into my akais, instead of using the PC. I know there are a lot of...

jayglo
replies: 1 views: 280
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

Hi, Maybe it sounds weird to somebody but I'm like crazy looking for a way to get this sound on the esses. I've heard this kind...

asthmaattack
replies: 7 views: 496
JanZoo 2 weeks ago

First, I'm on the MPC Renaissance and I'm aiming to get that boom bap, Pete Rock, Lord Finesse, Diamond D type sound. As far as...

MELO23
replies: 62 views: 5,103
Fanu 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I've been wanting to use Mid/Side Eq for a while now but never really felt the need. I know it can add some nice...

varun213
replies: 5 views: 381
varun213 2 weeks ago

Hi all, Does anyone know where i would be able to hear any songs before and after the mixing stage to compare the...

-Q-
replies: 36 views: 7,720
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago
replies: - views: -
Arii_Lee 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone. As title suggests, I need suggestions about what compressor and mastering processor to buy. I wanna produce some...

SaitoKuro
replies: 24 views: 3,948
Fanu 2 weeks ago

Hey guys. I'm starting to really get into mixing as of late and I want to get really good moving forward. I'm familiar with...

Renegade204
replies: 5 views: 389
FreshProduce 2 weeks ago

I have been producing hip-hop for the past several years and more recently have been getting into all the complexities of mixing,...

nizzaaii
replies: 11 views: 431
Fanu 2 weeks ago

I've been loving Kingsway Music samples for a while now but just went on their website to buy one of their new packs and saw a...

bobcat66
replies: 37 views: 3,318
FreshProduce 2 weeks ago

Anybody have any info if the V collection 6 by arturia is worth the buy or not? I’m kinda stuck between a few purchases....

Sagicorn35
replies: 5 views: 1,039
Sagicorn35 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search