The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello all, There are pretty a lot of itb mixing while using outboard gear on gearslutz, but they mainly are from 2005-2008. So...

vullee
replies: 14 views: 483
chris carter 1 hour ago

With the release of Studio One 4, seems like Presonus may have hit a home run. Being a sample based producer and dj, I base...

robmixx
replies: 37 views: 1,724
tdot 4 hours ago

I suppose a "stem" mix isn't technically correct because I'm not printing them. I'm using Logic X and I have summing...

abrokentenor
replies: 1 views: 319
CJ Mastering 6 hours ago

Im getting the UAD satellite OCTO core Custom package where they let you pick out 3 plugins of your choice. My thing is before I...

varun213
replies: 69 views: 9,244
Hooman.Leys 11 hours ago
replies: 56 views: 5,251
lab64base 17 hours ago

Which new MPC should I get if I don't need a standalone MPC? If I need the features of an MPC X as far as integration with the...

IM WHO YOU THINK
replies: 4 views: 357
IM WHO YOU THINK 19 hours ago

This question is more for those who produce modern hip hop. I am trying to learn different strategies for mixing drums. My...

ac_music
replies: 73 views: 3,864
varun213 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Afloyd710 1 day ago

25 Tracks...Side A=Rap, Side B=RnB. What are you guys thoughts on the Verses, recording, mixing, production, etc......? From...

Ace'Lo
replies: 16 views: 1,402
Cgbravo 2 days ago

Hi folks. Imagine you were sitting in a boardroom of an audio hardware and software developer. They ask you "what does the...

Steven Slate
replies: 193 views: 9,238
electro 2 days ago
Fanomvibes 2 days ago

On multiple occasions I noticed I have really hard time enjoying the song due to the mix. Id say it: Left me confused,...

Terance1
replies: 5 views: 645
IM WHO YOU THINK 2 days ago

Yo! Looking for info on how they got Kanye's detuned voice on 'I Thought About Killing You' to sound so good. I feel like I know...

Akayemusica
replies: 3 views: 575
Akayemusica 2 days ago

The effect on the drums in the intro. What is this and how is he achieving this futuristic effect? YouTube...

Dkelloway
replies: 3 views: 580
bgrotto 2 days ago

I'm a little frustrated - obviously the MPC4000 doesn't have an arpeggiator, but I find sometimes I want to send an arp out to a...

m4thlab
replies: 2 views: 404
m4thlab 2 days ago

What's the best way to put your tag on a beat? It's better to follow the tempo, bars or put it like every 15 seconds?

MouseTokTok
replies: 1 views: 267
3rd Degree 3 days ago

I know this has probably been discussed to death; but what would be the most effective method to get a pitched 808's like the one...

danielk.uk
replies: 0 views: 328
danielk.uk 3 days ago
TrippieSuavee 4 days ago

Want to start recording music in my apartment, downtown. I'm thinking about the SM7B as it seems to be the most recommended, but...

1up100
replies: 31 views: 3,249
Daria91 4 days ago

Heyo its me again, yeah I know you'll probably rage at me for making a thread about the more-or-less same topic twice... But...

gheddi
replies: 15 views: 1,787
Usgggg 4 days ago

Moved: Korg es fun

Been playing with my kids Korg es2 while computer was busy doing stuff. This is actually a fun unit there's some menu diving and...

DJ T Havoc
DJ T Havoc 4 days ago

I was looking at an MV8800 by Roland as a hardware option for when I got someone recording and wanted to make beats while the...

DJ T Havoc
replies: 10 views: 559
DJ T Havoc 4 days ago

I really like the vintage feel to Droogs vocals What are some techniques to get that sound Also, i notice alot of his beats...

liotta soda
replies: 2 views: 383
liotta soda 5 days ago
MC Antizino 5 days ago

Hi guys, This has only ever happened to me once before when I was searching with an electronic bleep sound that I heard on an...

danielk.uk
replies: 1 views: 393
Will The Weirdo 5 days ago
replies: 5 views: 511
MC Antizino 1 week ago

Hey all! YouTube I was just wondering how you think this guy gets such a clean mix, it's one of the cleanest mixes I've...

reapingghillie
replies: 18 views: 1,557
danielk.uk 1 week ago

Been a while since i seen a good Drake vocal chain...

joeysonz
replies: 4 views: 916
Shobiz 1 week ago
superstupid 1 week ago
Dkelloway 1 week ago

Summer Games by Drake Drums introduced at 1:24 Spotify Web Player - Summer Games - Drake Anyone know any samples sounding...

Taragana
replies: 2 views: 655
Dkelloway 1 week ago

Album sounds great. I see on twitter it was Seth Firkins who mixed it. I love the mixing it sounds perfect and even better than...

kangking
replies: 23 views: 2,027
Storyville 1 week ago

Love Gearslutz for just this: I stumbled across a thread asking for experience with Trip-Hop production. Low and behold, Paul...

Stitch333
replies: 210 views: 38,630
kj75 1 week ago

Interested in what others are doing, tried Opto mode as another engineer at the studio I work at swears by it, but definitely...

BrokenSilenceEnt
replies: 4 views: 1,020
DannyMac 1 week ago

I’m fairly new to audio engineering and I’m trying to achieve better sound quality on my vocals. I want my music to be...

BoneG19
replies: 7 views: 661
DannyMac 1 week ago
cdot beatz 1 week ago

I've heard this synth bass/kick thing for years and I just can't place it. Anyone know what is being used on the...

oceantracks
replies: 3 views: 400
oceantracks 1 week ago

There's a very specific top-end expensiveness to this kick that sounds like some sort of very specific saturation. Would any one...

dweier
replies: 1 views: 521
Cabrone 1 week ago

Ok, so i love the so called “odd future synth” sounds; mostly in the song She and the whole Flower Boy album. I want to know...

MC Antizino
replies: 1 views: 397
MaztotheUla 1 week ago

I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to hardware and could still learn a lot when it comes to music production, but I'm looking to...

SonicallyDeaf
replies: 13 views: 1,071
Goa-Dubs 1 week ago

My setup at the moment is a Lynx Aurora 8 (Silver), AES16e, M-Patch 2, LA 610 MK II, Studio One 3 Pro, and Neumann TLM 103. This...

lexluthor
replies: 11 views: 597
lexluthor 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, Just purchased an SP-1200 which am waiting to receive. Its my first foray into vintage samplers and I have a few...

sparco
replies: 11 views: 829
kazper 2 weeks ago

So i had a Yamaha motif back in the day and sampling on that thing was amazing, so full and rich as well as depth and clarity(was...

Artcutech
replies: 38 views: 2,366
coolfog09 2 weeks ago

Good evening all! I’m looking to spend 5-6k on my studio and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding how I...

Anadivine816
replies: 7 views: 857
LuXx 2 weeks ago

Greetings chaps: I'm Looking to Upgrade from Mpc4000 to Mpc X, before I buy I would like to know the following: 1. Is the the...

shalimo
replies: 44 views: 2,832
DJ T Havoc 2 weeks ago

Yo! I'm in the market for a new machine. I currently have the Maschine Studio but I feel it lacking in terms of creating drum...

simplecomplex1
replies: 76 views: 4,058
SATURDAVE 2 weeks ago

Care to share your techniques for mixing vocals to a stereo two tracks and getting them to sound top 40 billboard...

GHINII
replies: 22 views: 1,131
A Fak 2 weeks ago
chris carter 2 weeks ago

TjRBIdLt6s8 That sound that appears to be layered over the snare that you can hear closely in the intro doing that little...

Dkelloway
replies: 5 views: 1,021
Dkelloway 3 weeks ago

Hi, I need some advise on what equipment i should get in order to achieve really high quality sounds and industry level...

strikervz
replies: 19 views: 1,005
DEZEA 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search