The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I was a bit curious. Who uses this software ??? (or "why do I always feel like I'm the only one using it in the music...

replies: 107 views: 27,245
DJTOPCAT 5 hours ago

Is there way to explode individual tracks while exporting audio in song mode?

replies: 0 views: 79
Instrmntl 7 hours ago

I'm new to audio engineering and I'm trying to get a similar autotune sound like in the song I've listed. Can anyone guide me on...

replies: 5 views: 331
FreshProduce 8 hours ago

Have you ever recorded a two track from an MPC, and separated the same track in protools, to find the two track sounded better?

replies: 25 views: 900
Studio507 18 hours ago

Anybody had any experience with the Roland W-30? I read that DJ Leathal made his first House of Pain beats on that machine.

replies: 29 views: 9,698
atma 19 hours ago

Had maschine for a while now, really never got fluent with it for some reason..Not saying I couldnt make music, just seem my...

replies: 1 views: 235
atma 19 hours ago

Hey Gearslutz I am considering to buy one off the emulations of SSL E channel. But I have no experience with real SSL console...

replies: 31 views: 1,603
aaronsmith 1 day ago

Hey since someone I bought a weissklang v17 (very very good micro plug on my sound card audient id 22 but I would like to push...

replies: 0 views: 174
goldjungen57 1 day ago

I'm kind of new to this. I spent the last year doing more electronic music, with my DAW being FL Studio. I recently started to...

replies: 15 views: 436
grouchee 1 day ago

besides the 808 which machines were they using on licensed to ill and raising hell? peachh

beat you down
replies: 10 views: 3,848
dparagon 1 day ago

Currently tracking mostly urban vocals (rap and r&b) U87ai >blue Robbie>wa76>eqp-wa>pure2>daw. Trying to...

rollin weight
replies: 35 views: 3,658
Joestudio 1 day ago

I spend most of my time with lndustrial, Acid and Goa trance genres as well as weird modular stuff... but I'm an old time 90's...

replies: 22 views: 1,119
didlisquat 1 day ago

Hey Slutz, this one is about those albums/songs that sound so damn good in some aspect. Share the diamonds of hip hop...

replies: 19 views: 822
TheMagician 2 days ago

whats up sluz. does anybody have a cool sample of a marching band snare drum laying around? looking for something along the...

replies: 21 views: 50,444
atma 2 days ago

Well.. I need a microphone that's going to give me that classic sound like 80's - 90's like the Vintage U-87. I know most rappers...

replies: 59 views: 7,926
atma 2 days ago

What's up everybody, I'm new around here but thought I'd pick some of your brains like Sylar! Basically, I'm trying to figure...

replies: 26 views: 557
atma 2 days ago

I wanna make New Jack Swing style beats. What do I need to start? I have no clue what type of drum machines and modules they...

Lando Calrissian
replies: 152 views: 42,722
Noisewagon 2 days ago

YouTube This song for lack of a better ear has two kicks, One snare and one hihat 2 main samples one filterd bassline...

Pajor Hill
replies: 4 views: 485
Bloodfish 3 days ago

Can anyone determine this plugin. It is very important!confoosed Screenshot 2018 03 07 11 59 13 108 com instagram android...

replies: 5 views: 732
Malt Liquor Bum 3 days ago

Out of the blue, I've been trying to find that song. Can't really remember how the melody goes but I'll know if I hear it...

replies: 67 views: 85,291
m4thlab 4 days ago

(Pretty sure this is in the right topic, might not, feel free to tell me if it is and I'll delete this thread and repost it in...

replies: 10 views: 794
huh? 4 days ago

Hey, guys, I'm new to hip-hop production and engineering. Do you all think an MPC X for the production side and Pro Tools for the...

replies: 3 views: 369
LuXx 5 days ago
replies: - views: -
avidlistener 5 days ago
CJ Mastering 5 days ago

I have been requesting this feature since the product came out. Ridiculously it hasn't been implemented yet. frDJf4j5cjQ

replies: 1 views: 297
the_mixer 5 days ago

Hi Guys, don't know if a similar Thread even exists here but I want to start a thread to list up a lot of Mainstream R&B...

replies: 12 views: 773
Daft Joe 6 days ago

How to mix background vocals so that they sound like Chris brown's on the chorus of show me ?...

replies: 7 views: 2,053
CJ Mastering 6 days ago
ThirdEye 1 week ago

Hi Fellow ASR-10 users. I'm a long time ASR-10 user. In fact I'm one of the producers of Ensoniq CD-R 16 Dance tools Cd-rom we...

replies: 25 views: 9,910
Musicman_528 1 week ago
varun213 1 week ago

Hey Guys, A little about myself. I write production cues for TV and Film. I am no stranger to mixing and music...

Danny Scott
replies: 16 views: 772
Danny Scott 1 week ago

The genre is stagnating. It’s amazing how the sonic palette of hip hop has stayed much the same in the last couple of years....

replies: 207 views: 7,749
mp3 1 week ago

I dunno... I just saw one for cheap cheap cheap.... have always wondered about these things... not sure if I'll cop... dont...

replies: 45 views: 17,826
Rogermooze 1 week ago

Hello :) I would like to know what drum machine (if its not a real drumset) they used here. It sounds so good. Any ideas...

replies: 6 views: 371
digiman 1 week ago

So, this will be my first MPC (coming from a FL Studio workflow that I now find boring as hell) and here in my country I can get...

replies: 13 views: 472
3rd Degree 1 week ago

Has anyone every tried to program Wash D.C. style Go-Go beats? If so, have any tips you'd like to share? Still haven't nailed...

Animal Rescue
replies: 12 views: 469
s12512 1 week ago

Hey, any idea how this bass sound was created? To me it kind of sounds like a moog bass with chorus and distortion, but I haven`t...

replies: 13 views: 570
UnderTow 1 week ago

Does anyone know if the Rawkus Records recordings took place at the same studio? Anyone know what kind of gear Blackstar,...

replies: 4 views: 473
ILL GREEN 1 week ago

Hey guys, I built a vocal booth and I've noticed that it has become a bit difficult to maintain the natural energy in my vocal...

replies: 17 views: 663
atma 1 week ago

Ok so I made a beat a while back and upon loading up the project file again I lost one of my omnisphere presets to this beat....

replies: 0 views: 387
mitsone 1 week ago

Hi guys, I have a track where the main bass is occupied by a Moog type wobbling synth bass in the hook. I want to give it some...

replies: 6 views: 523
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

I know a lot of you guys go out and find records at local vinyl stores but those that have to prowl the net for them.. Post...

replies: 221 views: 96,424
HaterNob 2 weeks ago

What's up guys? I don't usually do this since I'm a sample guy, but does anyone know how I can make the synth/organ sound that...

Lando Calrissian
replies: 0 views: 291
Lando Calrissian 2 weeks ago
DAH 2 weeks ago

Hey I'm looking to get a new microphone around the 400 dollar price range..i have a audio technica 4033a. I was wondering if the...

replies: 4 views: 495
Fanomvibes 2 weeks ago

HI! I have been recording Rap vocals on a condenser mic that came with an old M-Audio bundle. I am using a Focusrite Scarlett...

replies: 22 views: 840
Fanomvibes 2 weeks ago

Been listening to a lot of New Edition lately and been following their BET movie. Really interested in knowing which keyboards...

replies: 9 views: 2,127
Elsongs 2 weeks ago

Just got it for 69.00 using the Gearslutz code !!!

replies: 9 views: 621
blayz2002 2 weeks ago
DenversWorld 2 weeks ago
Roseleaf 2 weeks ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search