The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Can someone who has experience in home studios and acoustic treatment placement please tell me where is a good place to move my...

TrippieSuavee
replies: 0 views: 43
TrippieSuavee 58 minutes ago

Want to start recording music in my apartment, downtown. I'm thinking about the SM7B as it seems to be the most recommended, but...

1up100
replies: 31 views: 3,159
Daria91 1 hour ago
replies: 52 views: 5,015
deuc647 5 hours ago

With the release of Studio One 4, seems like Presonus may have hit a home run. Being a sample based producer and dj, I base...

robmixx
replies: 37 views: 1,573
CPhoenix 6 hours ago

On multiple occasions I noticed I have really hard time enjoying the song due to the mix. Id say it: Left me confused,...

Terance1
replies: 3 views: 473
Lando Calrissian 7 hours ago

Hi folks. Imagine you were sitting in a boardroom of an audio hardware and software developer. They ask you "what does the...

Steven Slate
replies: 190 views: 8,916
electro 8 hours ago

Heyo its me again, yeah I know you'll probably rage at me for making a thread about the more-or-less same topic twice... But...

gheddi
replies: 15 views: 1,696
Usgggg 12 hours ago

25 Tracks...Side A=Rap, Side B=RnB. What are you guys thoughts on the Verses, recording, mixing, production, etc......? From...

Ace'Lo
replies: 14 views: 1,221
Usgggg 13 hours ago

Moved: Korg es fun

Been playing with my kids Korg es2 while computer was busy doing stuff. This is actually a fun unit there's some menu diving and...

DJ T Havoc
replies: - views: -
DJ T Havoc 21 hours ago

I was looking at an MV8800 by Roland as a hardware option for when I got someone recording and wanted to make beats while the...

DJ T Havoc
replies: 10 views: 514
DJ T Havoc 22 hours ago

I really like the vintage feel to Droogs vocals What are some techniques to get that sound Also, i notice alot of his beats...

liotta soda
replies: 2 views: 320
liotta soda 1 day ago
MC Antizino 1 day ago

Hi guys, This has only ever happened to me once before when I was searching with an electronic bleep sound that I heard on an...

danielk.uk
replies: 1 views: 321
Will The Weirdo 1 day ago

I suppose a "stem" mix isn't technically correct because I'm not printing them. I'm using Logic X and I have summing...

abrokentenor
replies: 0 views: 266
abrokentenor 2 days ago
replies: 5 views: 482
MC Antizino 3 days ago

Hey all! YouTube I was just wondering how you think this guy gets such a clean mix, it's one of the cleanest mixes I've...

reapingghillie
replies: 18 views: 1,484
danielk.uk 3 days ago

Been a while since i seen a good Drake vocal chain...

joeysonz
replies: 4 views: 850
Shobiz 4 days ago
superstupid 4 days ago
Dkelloway 4 days ago

Summer Games by Drake Drums introduced at 1:24 Spotify Web Player - Summer Games - Drake Anyone know any samples sounding...

Taragana
replies: 2 views: 624
Dkelloway 4 days ago

Yo! Looking for info on how they got Kanye's detuned voice on 'I Thought About Killing You' to sound so good. I feel like I know...

Akayemusica
replies: 2 views: 496
Teej 5 days ago

Album sounds great. I see on twitter it was Seth Firkins who mixed it. I love the mixing it sounds perfect and even better than...

kangking
replies: 23 views: 1,987
Storyville 5 days ago

Love Gearslutz for just this: I stumbled across a thread asking for experience with Trip-Hop production. Low and behold, Paul...

Stitch333
replies: 210 views: 38,529
kj75 6 days ago

Interested in what others are doing, tried Opto mode as another engineer at the studio I work at swears by it, but definitely...

BrokenSilenceEnt
replies: 4 views: 985
DannyMac 6 days ago

I’m fairly new to audio engineering and I’m trying to achieve better sound quality on my vocals. I want my music to be...

BoneG19
replies: 7 views: 635
DannyMac 6 days ago
cdot beatz 1 week ago

I've heard this synth bass/kick thing for years and I just can't place it. Anyone know what is being used on the...

oceantracks
replies: 3 views: 380
oceantracks 1 week ago

There's a very specific top-end expensiveness to this kick that sounds like some sort of very specific saturation. Would any one...

dweier
replies: 1 views: 503
Cabrone 1 week ago

Ok, so i love the so called “odd future synth” sounds; mostly in the song She and the whole Flower Boy album. I want to know...

MC Antizino
replies: 1 views: 360
MaztotheUla 1 week ago

I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to hardware and could still learn a lot when it comes to music production, but I'm looking to...

SonicallyDeaf
replies: 13 views: 1,044
Goa-Dubs 1 week ago

This question is more for those who produce modern hip hop. I am trying to learn different strategies for mixing drums. My...

ac_music
replies: 69 views: 3,576
varun213 1 week ago

The effect on the drums in the intro. What is this and how is he achieving this futuristic effect? YouTube...

Dkelloway
replies: 2 views: 511
peterpiper0815 1 week ago

My setup at the moment is a Lynx Aurora 8 (Silver), AES16e, M-Patch 2, LA 610 MK II, Studio One 3 Pro, and Neumann TLM 103. This...

lexluthor
replies: 11 views: 576
lexluthor 1 week ago

Hi everyone, Just purchased an SP-1200 which am waiting to receive. Its my first foray into vintage samplers and I have a few...

sparco
replies: 11 views: 799
kazper 1 week ago

So i had a Yamaha motif back in the day and sampling on that thing was amazing, so full and rich as well as depth and clarity(was...

Artcutech
replies: 38 views: 2,327
coolfog09 1 week ago

Good evening all! I’m looking to spend 5-6k on my studio and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding how I...

Anadivine816
replies: 7 views: 831
LuXx 1 week ago

Greetings chaps: I'm Looking to Upgrade from Mpc4000 to Mpc X, before I buy I would like to know the following: 1. Is the the...

shalimo
replies: 44 views: 2,798
DJ T Havoc 2 weeks ago

Yo! I'm in the market for a new machine. I currently have the Maschine Studio but I feel it lacking in terms of creating drum...

simplecomplex1
replies: 76 views: 3,972
SATURDAVE 2 weeks ago

Care to share your techniques for mixing vocals to a stereo two tracks and getting them to sound top 40 billboard...

GHINII
replies: 22 views: 1,105
A Fak 2 weeks ago
chris carter 2 weeks ago

TjRBIdLt6s8 That sound that appears to be layered over the snare that you can hear closely in the intro doing that little...

Dkelloway
replies: 5 views: 988
Dkelloway 2 weeks ago

Hi, I need some advise on what equipment i should get in order to achieve really high quality sounds and industry level...

strikervz
replies: 19 views: 963
DEZEA 2 weeks ago

I have plenty of great acoustic drum sounds but would like to find some new sounds/loop style grooves for Stylus/RMX. I used to...

michael c
replies: 2 views: 644
sdd17 2 weeks ago

whats up sluz. does anybody have a cool sample of a marching band snare drum laying around? looking for something along the...

Jon.G
replies: 22 views: 51,883
drumline.asian 2 weeks ago
Sagicorn35 2 weeks ago

Came across an album called Into By Sonder the other day and I was blown away the production....

Yeaa.Rel
replies: 3 views: 468
atma 2 weeks ago
Bushman 2 weeks ago

hello fellow slutz! i have never had the oportunity to sit down with one of these bad boys, so im curious about the tonal...

fn86
replies: 18 views: 4,487
ArcticAudio 3 weeks ago

Just wondering if anybody here owns the Neve Portico 5042 Tape Simulator? I was thinking about picking one of these up, but im...

RIZ Records
replies: 18 views: 10,191
Paul_G 3 weeks ago

How do I get the vocal effect the producer is using on the chorus (hook)? Particularly in the end of the second chorus. It has a...

Jaked4ge
replies: 2 views: 512
Jaked4ge 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search