The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The genre is stagnating. It’s amazing how the sonic palette of hip hop has stayed much the same in the last couple of years....

miscend
replies: 140 views: 4,448
viewing 6 minutes ago

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a sound (which I believe was created with a synth of some sort). It's the one featured a couple...

dbauer91
replies: 0 views: 47
dbauer91 2 hours ago

Hello everyone. As title suggests, I need suggestions about what compressor and mastering processor to buy. I wanna produce some...

SaitoKuro
replies: 26 views: 4,232
XKAudio 3 hours ago

No one is talking about this??? The album sounds amazing. One of the best mixed most dynamic albums I heard EVER. Thoughts??

optikstrange
replies: 170 views: 12,066
the fxs 4 hours ago

So guys, last PP show with Jaycen Joshua was great IMO, he gave a lot of clues on what he does etc... The thing that...

JanZoo
replies: 21 views: 1,525
kangking 9 hours ago

Hello, This is my first GS thread question and I am excited as hell. :lol: Presently, I am trying to get the distortion in...

Koschke
replies: 7 views: 410
TNC 11 hours ago

I recently acquired a Roland S760 sampler does anybody know a quick way to find the Bit Convert Display (menu page)??? I want...

A2B
replies: 5 views: 1,025
GiPe 11 hours ago

I dunno... I just saw one for cheap cheap cheap.... have always wondered about these things... not sure if I'll cop... dont...

Dayl
replies: 42 views: 17,267
LudicrouSpeed 14 hours ago

Need some help deciding between getting the MPC Studio Black or a roland SP404. Im looking to use the sampler to make and produce...

sdkeefe
replies: 16 views: 521
killa ego 18 hours ago

Just recently got an SP404A and it's really cool. Biggest problem I'm having so far is trying to import my drum sounds from...

sdkeefe
replies: 2 views: 232
sdkeefe 1 day ago

I'm using Logic to make this electronic hiphop type of song. I created a beat using my electronic drum kit and I quantized it....

invert48
replies: 1 views: 238
CJ Mastering 1 day ago

Apologies if this has already been posted... But I just saw this and it is f**cking...

m4thlab
replies: 17 views: 2,284
atma 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
pixel.beatz 2 days ago

So I bought he MPC Live in December. Right now it seems to be triggering pads randomly on its own very softly. I noticed...

apoclypse
replies: 1 views: 278
atma 2 days ago

Well.. I need a microphone that's going to give me that classic sound like 80's - 90's like the Vintage U-87. I know most rappers...

LeeRoy
replies: 52 views: 7,303
huglife187 2 days ago

Moved: In my eyes

germz
JamesOnFlames 2 days ago

anyone making beats in Reaper?

Sampire
replies: 46 views: 17,703
Whoisradeo 2 days ago

I wanna make New Jack Swing style beats. What do I need to start? I have no clue what type of drum machines and modules they...

Lando Calrissian
replies: 141 views: 41,472
Lando Calrissian 3 days ago

So around a year ago, I decided to mostly stop sampling and move into composition. I used to compose way back, but I didn't...

3rd Degree
replies: 7 views: 540
gagashe 3 days ago

What were some of the sound modules used in No Limit, UGK, Wreckshop, Slip and Slide...etc. songs back then?

Christianmaza
replies: 11 views: 930
bgood 3 days ago

Hi people, I've been producing mostly boom bap and lofi stuff for some years now using almost only FL Studio... about 3 months...

gheddi
replies: 31 views: 1,501
Martel80 3 days ago

I currently have a TLM 103 mic going straight into my Saffire Pro 40 interface and I’m looking to invest in a preamp for around...

bosran
replies: 19 views: 1,018
atma 3 days ago

Hey I'm looking to get a new microphone around the 400 dollar price range..i have a audio technica 4033a. I was wondering if the...

Nickscarz
replies: 3 views: 329
atma 3 days ago
boombapdame 4 days ago

Hellooo all! My name is Jennie, I was referred here by boombapdame :) I'm looking to get information about equipment for...

JENtafari
replies: 3 views: 717
FreshProduce 4 days ago
OmarM 5 days ago

If you guys follow internet money and other great websites out there that create drumkits for producers. How do they manage to...

varun213
replies: 27 views: 953
3rd Degree 5 days ago
xenecool 5 days ago

hey all....quick question, was wondering if there was a way to record from my aux input on my Digi 003 into...

thebreaksnyc
replies: 1 views: 272
atma 5 days ago

Hi folks. Imagine you were sitting in a boardroom of an audio hardware and software developer. They ask you "what does the...

Steven Slate
replies: 157 views: 4,865
atma 5 days ago

reading a 2012 interview with Lewis Parker, and was interested by the following... UKHH.COM: Tell me about something you...

Living Bate
replies: 6 views: 829
atma 5 days ago

I stumbled upon K-Def's instagram page and saw these...

finesse1234
replies: 22 views: 2,236
atma 5 days ago

Hello Fellow Gearslutz, Here's the full pack of Kicks, Snares and...

Paul_G
replies: 384 views: 57,471
Paul_G 5 days ago

I want to thank the internet for all this misinformation surrounding the ASR-X. Thanks to that I got one for the price of a SM 58...

PapiBlack
replies: 34 views: 13,264
3rd Degree 6 days ago

Hey guys , I've spent a while cruising the forums for a decent upgrade of my vocal chain ... and i'm just wondering what you...

metaverse
replies: 7 views: 516
Colin McCabe 6 days ago

Hi Guys, don't know if a similar Thread even exists here but I want to start a thread to list up a lot of Mainstream R&B...

R&B-Vocalisto
replies: 8 views: 503
Dave east 6 days ago

Hey guys! My name is mattVISTA and I am a composer, producer and 1/2 of an Experimental duo called April + VISTA. on January...

mattVISTA
replies: 5 views: 835
ANR2011 1 week ago

Hello. How do you think the saturation/overdrive was achieved in this beat? https://youtu.be/DoKXNWRdLIA Thank you.

TNC
replies: 0 views: 299
TNC 1 week ago

Hey everyone (sorry this is long), So I've been working on an EP for about 2 years. It's fully written and and whatnot, but...

jakeg70888
replies: 6 views: 473
atma 1 week ago

Hello, I'm interested in adding a standalone drum box that's geared towards hip hop sounds. I already have a sampler, and am not...

Shadowkast
replies: 3 views: 319
Fanu 1 week ago

I have a vermona drm 1 analog drum machine but its been collecting dust for almost 2 years and I never used any of the created...

varun213
replies: 22 views: 1,177
Fanu 1 week ago

Hey guys, So I have been recording Hip-Hop/Rap for at least 6-7 years now and recently I upgraded my whole studio. Now I am...

ProCeMusic
replies: 3 views: 526
atma 1 week ago

Anyone here have experience with both the c214 and c414xlii mics? Considering upgrading my current AKG 214 to a 414 but wondering...

MikeMello
replies: 6 views: 924
minervx 1 week ago

What up Gearslutz, Im Dreek Beatz. I was recomended by boombapdame and Im looking to help and be involve with the future...

dreekbeatz
replies: 0 views: 295
dreekbeatz 1 week ago
KMB204.COM 1 week ago

I used to own an Akai Advance and really liked the big pads on it. They felt great and probably were the best I've used. I'm...

rids
replies: 3 views: 499
Schmidi 1 week ago

I am currently in the market for a microphone and preamp (do I need one?)? I have an apollo twin, and this is for my home setup....

DecadeNow
replies: 9 views: 583
atma 1 week ago

I will be making hip hop and house music, no live shows all will be done in my home studio.Im on pc and using studio 1 and the...

Downtime_1
replies: 10 views: 1,704
BezowinZ 1 week ago

Hi, I would like to understand how to mix an instrumental formed by a sample loop, for example the beats of roc marciano or...

Daloop
replies: 5 views: 541
3rd Degree 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I have a quick question when it comes to using a high-pass filter when mixing music such as hip hop, edm, trap, or club...

justheretolearn
replies: 8 views: 881
atma 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search