The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Loopmasters
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Supposed to work with a female rapper who also sings, and has a somewhat shrill tone... Looking to buy a mic and preamp, both no...

insect1
replies: 8 views: 336
musaee 45 minutes ago

Hi, I'm going to be recording a 90's style, jazz breakbeat Hip-Hop track for a university assignment. I'm taking influence...

morganjones33
replies: 62 views: 17,952
sonotws 5 hours ago

Hello, So far I've bought 3 microphones that I didn't like and I returned all of them I've returned ecm 87 Lauten 220 fet and...

soularfreeman
replies: 15 views: 958
illegal4Hunna 6 hours ago

I can't seem to get this question answered from youtube but I've got an great idea from recent research and the question is...

KURAMA
replies: 9 views: 357
illegal4Hunna 6 hours ago

Just bought a Rode nt1-a mic. Upgraded from a blue snowball and Maono Au4.....(Don't know the rest of the mic name)...

kyrobeasty
replies: 1 views: 84
illegal4Hunna 7 hours ago
replies: - views: -
King_Leo 16 hours ago

Ive been looking for that reggaeton "kick drum sound" for years. The kick drum on 1 and 3. There's like another drum...

Ripz
replies: 3 views: 331
Mike Lambert 17 hours ago

Hey guys, I produce all my instrumentals and then rap over them because I believe I can do it better than anyone else (sorry...

jaybankroll
replies: 7 views: 525
TomVY 1 day ago

I have a Technics SL-1210 Mk II which I've just taken out of storage but see that its needle/stylus is broken. As far as I...

rhythmcomposer
replies: 24 views: 2,837
dracul 1 day ago

Hi everyone, if you are wondering what I am using to montior I use Focusrite solo 2nd gen. So I usually record with effects on...

kyrobeasty
replies: 0 views: 88
kyrobeasty 1 day ago

Hi all, These days there's many many types of beats out there. The trend sometimes seems as if louder 808 = better. I...

Winnie91
replies: 4 views: 451
PR13 1 day ago

hi! we're a band that produces bass-heavy electronic trap/hiphop/reggeaton beats in a home studio and the 3 of us do lots of...

LasMarikarmen
replies: 0 views: 107
LasMarikarmen 2 days ago

I feel like all producers do these days is just experiment with sounds, but neglect the actual arrangement of the song. No...

Bippo
replies: 86 views: 5,678
sfilipee 2 days ago

I love the sound of "Air Forces" "Bottom of the Map" and "Trap or Die" that shawty red did for...

TWC
replies: 140 views: 19,612
Shmokey 2 days ago
replies: 11 views: 1,389
Ali Rock 3 days ago

Hey there, i've been down the rabbit hole of mic's all day.. and week.. and month... lol currently using an Aston Stealth...

jcsmyth
replies: 2 views: 190
DAH 3 days ago
T E C H N I C A 4 days ago

Can someone help me clarify a few things about virtual scratching (I'm still stuck in the late 80's) and am trying to catch...

rhythmcomposer
replies: 1 views: 181
boombapdame 4 days ago

SSL Fusion or Avalon 747 on stereo bus? I do mostly hiphop/pop mixing but before I send to mastering just want that sheen....

Joey333
replies: 5 views: 304
Sharp11 5 days ago

Trying to find the source of this snare sample. Heard on almost all of the late 90's early 00's RnB...

So Long
replies: 36 views: 8,240
MrMark 6 days ago
The Mike 6 days ago

Can someone help me find a good hardware sampler for making beats? This are my requirements: - I would like to be away of the...

OmarCiano666
replies: 16 views: 913
peterpiper0815 1 week ago

Link to the instrumental: https://youtu.be/fNpJNL5cIMc The kick/bass come in around :35 seconds in. I'm just having a...

schmik80
replies: 5 views: 350
peterpiper0815 1 week ago

after watching the trailer this gave me goosebumps! coogebumpkin https://www.mixwiththemasters.com/ps1

Joey333
replies: 0 views: 213
Joey333 1 week ago
Saiasan 1 week ago

hi! SO, ive watched many videos about hiphop vocal editing and local engineers breaking down mixes of their popular tracks and i...

Ryth
replies: 3 views: 445
illegal4Hunna 1 week ago

So I have since 3 moths an Elektron Digitakt. It is a great sampler & sequencer but I want to improve the...

Olskool Bwoy
replies: 1 views: 233
Olskool Bwoy 1 week ago

Yo! For those of you that enjoy my first free instalment of one shots. I have put together a 7 gb pack of breaks, fills,...

Paul_G
replies: 91 views: 9,052
Paul_G 1 week ago

I'm trying to create the effect as if there's a DJ stuttering a record before they let it play. I've attached a link to the...

mightycyclone
replies: 0 views: 167
mightycyclone 1 week ago

just wow. how does crap like this happen? vocals totally masked / way too low. :facepalm: here i am worrying about my mixes...

tamiya
replies: 38 views: 4,095
Sense_A 1 week ago

Hi guys, I wanted to ask a question. A bit of a story, I sold my first beat on beatstars! or so I thought. The buyer bought...

soilworker24
replies: 5 views: 438
BezowinZ 1 week ago

Sup everyone, I'm about to have about 4K to upgrade my studio a little bit. I'm looking for your opinions on what piece(s) you...

Gengee21
replies: 3 views: 446
BT64 1 week ago

Im looking to do some upgrades, mainly a microphone and a mic pre, i just purchased a Lewitt LCT 940 should be here in a few days...

gaugedgc
replies: 10 views: 543
jlgrimes11 1 week ago

I've been trying to replicate music like Arizona Zervas and Sueco, Any ideas to how they get their vocals so squashed and...

sambrodiebeats
replies: 3 views: 423
jlgrimes11 1 week ago

I really love the ambience and reverb work on some of the late 80's stuff that was done in R&B, I actually did a huge thread...

sfilipee
replies: 3 views: 330
jlgrimes11 1 week ago

Can anybody give me a quick run down of how I would go about quantizing drum tracks in Logic pro? I'd typically do this in PT...

Tempest19
replies: 18 views: 18,320
Studio131 1 week ago

Anyone got one of these and know the going rate? Looks like they are pretty rare, can't find any available anywhere and no idea...

m4thlab
replies: 11 views: 2,896
Sampler Man 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, First post here. I've searched for this topic but couldn't find anything. Also I wasn't sure on the best sub forum...

richy2000
replies: 3 views: 593
E.rOk.stA 2 weeks ago

Do you guys use channel strip plugins? I don't see many mixing engineers slapping a channel strip on every channel vs using...

makinbeatz
replies: 6 views: 776
E.rOk.stA 2 weeks ago

Just holler at me if you need something mixed excellent? rockout

E.rOk.stA
replies: 0 views: 209
E.rOk.stA 2 weeks ago

Hello all, There's this very popular rap song in France right now. I wonder if someone can tell me how to get that sound...

anniwonky
replies: 0 views: 249
anniwonky 2 weeks ago

Here's my problem: Every single guide I find online, in text, or youtube, or even here on gearslutz on "how to mix old...

Mesmerized
replies: 81 views: 6,368
Sense_A 2 weeks ago

Currently tracking mostly urban vocals (rap and r&b) U87ai >blue Robbie>wa76>eqp-wa>pure2>daw. Trying to...

rollin weight
replies: 59 views: 14,991
Realbadwolf 2 weeks ago

Hello, I never timestretched samples. I just pitched the sample to whatever I felt like and tried to make the chops work at...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 7 views: 691
viewing 2 weeks ago

Hey, Sorry for the question but when I searched, I didn't see anything recent- anyone successfully running MPC software with Big...

con?one
replies: 0 views: 256
con?one 2 weeks ago

Hi , I just ordered a Neumann tlm 102 and I have a focusrite 2i2 , Will this pair work good along or Will I need to upgrade...

Syze25
replies: 4 views: 459
Syze25 2 weeks ago

I'm just saying...this thing has saved my life about 5 times in the last month. The ability to turn a @#$%n 808 DOWN, that...

illynoise
replies: 1 views: 412
Fanu 3 weeks ago

I'm really curious as to how Ras G got this percussion sound? It's very similar to Dilla. I'd imagine a lot of it comes from the...

Daexic
replies: 0 views: 258
Daexic 3 weeks ago

Anyone know what Jake uses for his basslines? It sounds like a bass guitar but i don't think it's a VST... I've tried...

play.exe
replies: 3 views: 434
play.exe 3 weeks ago

Hi im trying to record vocals in logic. How come the input is so quiet? Its at -20db even when I scream. I even turn the preamp...

colbykeyz
replies: 6 views: 473
BIG BUDDHA 3 weeks ago

Moderators