The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Drips drops?
Old 3rd December 2006
Here for the gear

Drips drops?

This has probably been covered a thousand times but does anyone know of any sample CD's with drips and drops on them. I only use hardware so searching the nets not an option unless its a WAV or MP3 I can burn in Itunes, Not really familiar with web based resources so im at a brick wall. Oh and I dont want it to use as a snare sound (Im not R Kelly) Any help greatly appreciated
Old 3rd December 2006
Lives for gear

analog synth if you have one... if not, try running some LPF or BPF from an MPC over some samples... add resonance to taste
Old 3rd December 2006 | Show parent
Old 4th December 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Thanks for those, Shanefontane, I have a voyager- how on earth would I program that type of sound on a synth such as this?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike79 View Post
Thanks for those, Shanefontane, I have a voyager- how on earth would I program that type of sound on a synth such as this?
basicallyy play around with taking a wave form and tweek the adsr... fast attack, loud decay, softer sustain and a tiny bit of release... mimic the envelope of a drip...

then filter out most frequencies (like almost all)... add some resonance to create more drippiness... that's the basic... its tough to tell you exactly what to do, but that should get you goin... and rememebr, sine waves are smoothest but also have least amount of harmonic content...

you can def get the sound with the voyager
Lives for gear

Why don't you just record them yourself?
Old 5th December 2006 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Thanks for all the helpfull replies esp shanefontane. I'll fire up the moog and have a go. I dont really have a great deal of recording experience or equipment to record my own. Thanx guys.
📝 Reply