The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
"THOSE" neptunes/pharell drums (i.e. superthug, allure, etc...) Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 28th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiman View Post
Hey, where can I buy those samples from? I am working to create some 90’s hip hop and pop music. I need the authentic sounds for that throwback feel.
Old 28th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiman View Post

THIS^
Although most of the sounds are corny as a bag of Fritos, but there are few 90's gems on here of which, Skateboard P has obviously used back in the day.
I have this! LOL!
Old 28th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando Calrissian View Post
I have this! LOL!
Send it through, bro.
Old 7th March 2019
Lives for gear

We got the O1/W Pro as our first pro workstation in '99. Those early Neptunes drum sounds (SuperThug, Kelis "I Hate You") are definitely from the O1/W. Actually, most of the guitar sounds and keys are too. I bought a 03/R which is the rack O1/W a while back but got rid of it. I think I paid $30 bucks for it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolout View Post
Yep...you'd be amazed to how much misinformation has been floating around the internet for years.
doesn't help that people like you and that other poster like to withhold info from people
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahertz View Post
I know he uses the 01w for sequencing. I am pretty sure those drums sounds are 'workstation' drums sounds and I have never heard them on the triton, trinity, or any roland module so i am guessing they come from the 01/w? can anyone confirm this?
I’ve always thought That super thug Neptunes snare sounds like a pitched up jungle/drum n bass snare.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulebby View Post

doesn't help that people like you and that other poster like to withhold info from people
I was planning on making a video and blog post breaking it down, but haven't had the time. I've been in the Caribbean doing guest DJ gigs for the past couple of months. Honestly haven't had much time in my studio. Not to mention, no one seemed to really care as much as I did.

With that said, I did let most of the info go. The Neptunes were never DJ/cratediggers, but talented producers/hit makers, so nearly all the sounds used on the earlier stuff (that wasn't live band or live percussion) was presets from popular workstations. The exception was probably when they got the Moog Voyager.

The infamous "Neptunes snare" is just a preset from the Ensoniq ASR library. It's also built into the ROM of the ASR-X. You can find Kontakt libraries of the ASR libraries pretty easy and get it. Being that I've collected records since the 80's, I just so happen to have the original album that snare was chopped from.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolout View Post
I was planning on making a video and blog post breaking it down, but haven't had the time. I've been in the Caribbean doing guest DJ gigs for the past couple of months. Honestly haven't had much time in my studio. Not to mention, no one seemed to really care as much as I did.

With that said, I did let most of the info go. The Neptunes were never DJ/cratediggers, but talented producers/hit makers, so nearly all the sounds used on the earlier stuff (that wasn't live band or live percussion) was presets from popular workstations. The exception was probably when they got the Moog Voyager.

The infamous "Neptunes snare" is just a preset from the Ensoniq ASR library. It's also built into the ROM of the ASR-X. You can find Kontakt libraries of the ASR libraries pretty easy and get it. Being that I've collected records since the 80's, I just so happen to have the original album that snare was chopped from.
I have the Digital Sound Factory Ensoniq ASR Kontakt library. Is it in there?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Sounds to me that they flipped this break: YouTube

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search