The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
"THOSE" neptunes/pharell drums (i.e. superthug, allure, etc...)
Old 28th February 2019
  #61
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiman View Post
Hey, where can I buy those samples from? I am working to create some 90’s hip hop and pop music. I need the authentic sounds for that throwback feel.
Old 28th February 2019
  #62
Lives for gear
 
Lando Calrissian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiman View Post


THIS^
Although most of the sounds are corny as a bag of Fritos, but there are few 90's gems on here of which, Skateboard P has obviously used back in the day.
I have this! LOL!
Old 28th February 2019
  #63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando Calrissian View Post
I have this! LOL!
Send it through, bro.
Old 7th March 2019
  #64
Lives for gear
 

We got the O1/W Pro as our first pro workstation in '99. Those early Neptunes drum sounds (SuperThug, Kelis "I Hate You") are definitely from the O1/W. Actually, most of the guitar sounds and keys are too. I bought a 03/R which is the rack O1/W a while back but got rid of it. I think I paid $30 bucks for it.
Old 16th April 2019
  #65
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolout View Post
Yep...you'd be amazed to how much misinformation has been floating around the internet for years.
doesn't help that people like you and that other poster like to withhold info from people
Old 21st April 2019
  #66
Deleted ae681af
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by killahertz View Post
I know he uses the 01w for sequencing. I am pretty sure those drums sounds are 'workstation' drums sounds and I have never heard them on the triton, trinity, or any roland module so i am guessing they come from the 01/w? can anyone confirm this?
I’ve always thought That super thug Neptunes snare sounds like a pitched up jungle/drum n bass snare.
Old 23rd April 2019
  #67
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulebby View Post


doesn't help that people like you and that other poster like to withhold info from people
I was planning on making a video and blog post breaking it down, but haven't had the time. I've been in the Caribbean doing guest DJ gigs for the past couple of months. Honestly haven't had much time in my studio. Not to mention, no one seemed to really care as much as I did.

With that said, I did let most of the info go. The Neptunes were never DJ/cratediggers, but talented producers/hit makers, so nearly all the sounds used on the earlier stuff (that wasn't live band or live percussion) was presets from popular workstations. The exception was probably when they got the Moog Voyager.

The infamous "Neptunes snare" is just a preset from the Ensoniq ASR library. It's also built into the ROM of the ASR-X. You can find Kontakt libraries of the ASR libraries pretty easy and get it. Being that I've collected records since the 80's, I just so happen to have the original album that snare was chopped from.
Old 24th April 2019
  #68
Lives for gear
 
Lando Calrissian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolout View Post
I was planning on making a video and blog post breaking it down, but haven't had the time. I've been in the Caribbean doing guest DJ gigs for the past couple of months. Honestly haven't had much time in my studio. Not to mention, no one seemed to really care as much as I did.

With that said, I did let most of the info go. The Neptunes were never DJ/cratediggers, but talented producers/hit makers, so nearly all the sounds used on the earlier stuff (that wasn't live band or live percussion) was presets from popular workstations. The exception was probably when they got the Moog Voyager.

The infamous "Neptunes snare" is just a preset from the Ensoniq ASR library. It's also built into the ROM of the ASR-X. You can find Kontakt libraries of the ASR libraries pretty easy and get it. Being that I've collected records since the 80's, I just so happen to have the original album that snare was chopped from.
I have the Digital Sound Factory Ensoniq ASR Kontakt library. Is it in there?
Old 25th April 2019
  #69
Gear Addict
 
Dkelloway's Avatar
 

Sounds to me that they flipped this break: YouTube
Old 21st May 2019
  #70
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando Calrissian View Post
I have the Digital Sound Factory Ensoniq ASR Kontakt library. Is it in there?
Not sure but I have the ASR-X libraries from Puremagnetik and it’s in there.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump