The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
"THOSE" neptunes/pharell drums (i.e. superthug, allure, etc...) Single-Channel Preamps
Old 1st December 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahertz View Post
Homie, you must be a little slow. I asked are "the drums from super thug on the o1w?" Was that not specific????
not if you know on forehand we'r all just a bunch of ASSumptive f*ckers.
Old 1st December 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
YO genius its obvious theres a sub or large kick layered there, (and i really ****ing doubt its a timpani or any other orchestal bass drum) and i am assuming most of us on this board know the virtues of sound design and the effect that mixing has on the finished product. If all i wanted was to 'jack' the neptunes sound I would have sampled the drums off super thug in the first place. As one of replys stated, I was actually looking to figure out if it was on the 01w so I could use the PCM waveforms and create some other kits based because I know the AI2 sound engine really well. So before you assume that you need to 'school' us all on how to be 'big shots' read the posts first.
dude.. your original post ..

Quote:
I know he uses the 01w for sequencing. I am pretty sure those drums sounds are 'workstation' drums sounds and I have never heard them on the triton, trinity, or any roland module so i am guessing they come from the 01/w? can anyone confirm this?
Where did you say "original waveform"? You said you were looking for the drum sound. I told you how it was designed. Why the beef? Am I a mind reader? Is this some telepathy **** where I sit here thousands of miles a way and work out that you were looking for a waveform and not the actual sound of the Neps kick drum? In future please use the english language to explain what you mean, thats what it's for.

And why are all these kids so confrontational nowadays. You say one thing and it's like they want to fight about everything they feel "disrespects" them. They want to fight before even understanding what was said to them. Running their little mouths blah blah blah ... . This fatherless generation coming up is completely ****ed... They aint gonna add nothing to the GDP. They can only hear their own voices.....
Old 1st December 2006
Lives for gear

I know that on days that they are not feeling inspired they spend their time sampling old records for one shots. mostly to an asr.
Old 1st December 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by threesixty View Post
dude.. your original post ..

Where did you say "original waveform"? You said you were looking for the drum sound. I told you how it was designed. Why the beef? Am I a mind reader? Is this some telepathy **** where I sit here thousands of miles a way and work out that you were looking for a waveform and not the actual sound of the Neps kick drum? In future please use the english language to explain what you mean, thats what it's for.

And why are all these kids so confrontational nowadays. You say one thing and it's like they want to fight about everything they feel "disrespects" them. They want to fight before even understanding what was said to them. Running their little mouths blah blah blah ... . This fatherless generation coming up is completely ****ed... They aint gonna add nothing to the GDP. They can only hear their own voices.....

You see all i asked for was a simple confirmation about wether or not the drums were on the workstation. Its thatsimple. I wanted the waveforms but there was no need to be that specific to get my simple yes or no question anwsered. YOU ASSUMED i was just some newbie kid that want to "cop the neptunes sound" so you went into some self-agrandizing sermon on the mount speech about how we should all learn sound design if we want to be "big time" As for you turning this issue into a vehicle for your views on family values i'll refrain from commenting on that because i couldn't possibly say anything to make you sound any more foolish than you've already done yourself.
Old 1st December 2006
Gear Nut

oh how i miss the Pete Rock and CL Smooth days...

now we got Tritons and sample cd's...the future of hip hop looks so exciting...
Old 1st December 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgbiotch View Post
oh how i miss the Pete Rock and CL Smooth days...

now we got Tritons and sample cd's...the future of hip hop looks so exciting...
yeah because the Furious 5, RUN-DMC, Bambatta, Whodini, Grandmaster Flash never used synths or drum machines.
Old 1st December 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
As for you turning this issue into a vehicle for your views on family values i'll refrain from commenting on that because i couldn't possibly say anything to make you sound any more foolish than you've already done yourself.
aww.. come on, I'm sure you can come up with something.... there must be something you can say to make me feel really bad about myself.
Old 2nd December 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotterdam View Post
I dont know bout the drums (kick, snare) on 'Grindin'. But that sort of mouth percussion thing is definetely from the Korg 01w, its on the dance kit preset.

yep, they couldn't possibly have actualy recorded that right? heh
Old 2nd December 2006
Gear Addict

any1 know a good vst gate?
Old 2nd December 2006
Old 2nd December 2006
Gear Addict

thanks!

when talking about kjaerhus, what do you think about the GCO-1 compressor from them?
Old 2nd July 2009
Gear Nut

"neptunes drums are all gated"...can some one give me an example of a song that has gated drums?
Can anyone care to explain?

Just a gate on the kick for sound effect?
Or gated reverb? eg reverb getting noise gated...?

thanks.
Old 3rd July 2009
Lives for gear

Old 9th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolout View Post
I'm pretty sure the superthug drums are straight Korg.

I'll go check...just for sh*ts and giggles.
no
Old 29th June 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennaOkoye View Post
no
lolololololol...

come on man just talk to chad and tell us what the original source was. the world wants to know.
Old 4th July 2014
Lives for gear

Superthug kick and snare are samples from a break beat that they had back in the day, like all producers did back then. Not from korg. I don't know chad like that. I have the sounds... which i got from an old school producer. He prolly doesn't know it was inside the certain folder... I recognized all the sounds being a long time neptune fan.. and no the folder was not titled "Neptune Drums." the title was that of a break beat(s)
Old 5th July 2014

Quote:
Superthug kick and snare are samples from a break beat that they had back in the day, like all producers did back then. Not from korg. I don't know chad like that. I have the sounds... which i got from an old school producer. He prolly doesn't know it was inside the certain folder... I recognized all the sounds being a long time neptune fan.. and no the folder was not titled "Neptune Drums." the title was that of a break beat(s)
In 1998, "all producers" were NOT using samples and breakbeats.

And... You don't have their original drums source. They didn't come from an "old school" break beat.

What you've "found" is just the drum breakdown from one of their lesser known songs that "old school" producers used to bite their drums from.

I hate that people are using the term "old school" to refer to that era.
Old 5th July 2014
Lives for gear

Funny, I know that you have alot to do with the come of the neptunes, but I def have the original sounds. The folder is the name of a breakbeat but the sounds are named abbreviations.

All producers were not, but alot were. Atleast the ones I know
Old 6th July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
I don't know chad like that.
oops...wrong Kenna. lmao

Kenna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
I know he uses the 01w for sequencing. I am pretty sure those drums sounds are 'workstation' drums sounds and I have never heard them on the triton, trinity, or any roland module so i am guessing they come from the 01/w? can anyone confirm this?
I had to revive this thread just to say I found the original source of that damn "neptunes snare"!!!

Took me all evening, but I needed it for project and wanted it clean, not ripped off a produced song.

It's an ensoniq preset, pretty lazily chopped from a known break.

I found the preset and then realized that I also have the original breakbeat in my record collection.

MYSTERY SOLVED.

Details coming soon, I'm writing a blog about it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I had to revive this thread just to say I found the original source of that damn "neptunes snare"!!!

Took me all evening, but I needed it for project and wanted it clean, not ripped off a produced song.

I found the preset and then realized that I also have the original breakbeat in my record collection.

MYSTERY SOLVED.

Pretty cool. I'd love to know the source!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

all this for NEPTUNES drums?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

MYSTERY SOLVED.

I know which exact break your talking about. found it on a cd, the fact that it’s on an ensonique too, narrows it down completely. had all the breaks for the kick, snare, and the rim/snap sound. Still looking for the scream sample lol
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

whats the break then lol?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkennaFuNkEn View Post
I know which exact break your talking about. found it on a cd, the fact that it’s on an ensonique too, narrows it down completely. had all the breaks for the kick, snare, and the rim/snap sound. Still looking for the scream sample lol
Whats the break? Can you post it?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkennaFuNkEn View Post
Funny, I know that you have alot to do with the come of the neptunes, but I def have the original sounds. The folder is the name of a breakbeat but the sounds are named abbreviations.

All producers were not, but alot were. Atleast the ones I know
daaaamn pause on 1000000000
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobsmcgee View Post
all this for NEPTUNES drums?
Yep...you'd be amazed to how much misinformation has been floating around the internet for years.
Old 1 week ago
People still using Neptunes drums?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
People still using Neptunes drums?
I certainly wouldn't, I'm just a collector.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search