The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
List your current interface, that you use in 2014! Audio Interfaces
Old 15th July 2014
Gear Addict

List your current interface, that you use in 2014!

Curious to see what most of y'all are using nowadays. I still got my old Digi 002 console paired with a Rosetta 200, gets the job done with a decent type of sonic integrity.

What about y'all ?
Old 15th July 2014
Still running HD3 accel on PT10... I do rock so massive virtual instruments running 64 bit isnt something I do. Still works great..
Old 15th July 2014
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Head

PreSonus AudioBox22VSL
Old 16th July 2014
Dor
Lives for gear

Apollo Duo and a Digi 192.

D
Old 16th July 2014
Here for the gear

Duet2 moving to Symphony
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Maniac

RME UCX with the ARC.
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Maniac

Just updated from a fast track ultra to a motu track 16 that I got for only $300. So far so good!
Old 16th July 2014
IBE
Gear Addict
AudioFire 12 waiting for my SPL Crimson to arrive
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Avid

Using the Avid HD I/O
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Profire 2626. I actually really like how it sounds but drop outs happen way more lately for some reason. Haven't had one in session, just when I leave it on for days. No plans to replace any time soon, just need to find the issue at some point.
Old 16th July 2014
Apollo Duo
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Nut

Lynx Aurora 16
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Nut

Rme aio with 2x rosetta 200
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Nut

Earlier this year I switched from a Duet firewire (which was awesome)

To an RME fireface 400 second hand, since I needed more inputs .

The RME is excellent.
Old 16th July 2014
Here for the gear

Focusrite liquid 56
Old 16th July 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Curious to see what most of y'all are using nowadays. I still got my old Digi 002 console paired with a Rosetta 200, gets the job done with a decent type of sonic integrity.

What about y'all ?

I had the same setup as you about 8 years ago!

Check out the RME UCX. Great machine.
Old 16th July 2014
SFB
Gear Addict

RME Fireface UCX
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Nut
Apollo Quad. I have an Orion 32 on order that I'll use along with it for the additional inputs.
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Nut

Scarlett
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

I'm still using my Black Lion Signature modded 002. Still sounds great to my ears but looks like an underachiever sitting in the rack. I will upgrade to an Omni Thunderbolt or Antelope Zen/Eclipse very soon and bring the 002 to the house. Shallow reasoning i know, but sometimes part of the game is having impressive "looking" equipment.
Old 17th July 2014
Gear Head

I’m using a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 and have a Saffire 6 for a backup. Had a few others too which worked totally fine, but the 8i6 is working well for me though & does what I need right now. I mainly track vocals / occasional drum sound hits and I’m happy with with the pres, it also has line in which I use as well occasionally.
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.dot View Post
I'm still using my Black Lion Signature modded 002. Still sounds great to my ears but looks like an underachiever sitting in the rack. I will upgrade to an Omni Thunderbolt or Antelope Zen/Eclipse very soon and bring the 002 to the house. Shallow reasoning i know, but sometimes part of the game is having impressive "looking" equipment.
Funny you bring that up. I went to a studio not that long ago, saw an 002 rack and thought, wow, with all the nice stuff you have...an 002.

Well, the engineer had an emergency, ask if anyone knew PT. I did not want to spend the night there so I didn't volunteer, but 4 people pointed at me.

Funny enough, I actually liked a familiar setup, an 002, Avalon 737, and a U87. Was super easy for me to jump in on a pretty major studio compared to what I am used to, made my life easy, but it still sounded really good.

I bet I am the only one who even noticed the 002, but I feel what you are saying because I did notice. That was stock too. However, again, with that chain, it sounded good and worked out, a setup some love, some hate but plenty of great material has gone through that chain. I did notice though, first thing I saw
Old 17th July 2014
Gear Nut

hey guys what interface would you guys recommend for someone using an mpc 2500 and a little phatty, 300-600 price range.

i have an imac 2.7ghz intel core I5 8gb ram 1600 Mhz DDR3

i do mostly sampled based hip hop.
Old 17th July 2014
Gear Head
Damn, ya'll got some top level audio interfaces compared to what I got lol. All I got is a M-Audio M-Track
Old 17th July 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.dot View Post
I'm still using my Black Lion Signature modded 002. Still sounds great to my ears but looks like an underachiever sitting in the rack.
the modded 002 sunder great to me too...I would just stick with it

I'm using Avid I/O
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Degree View Post
I bet I am the only one who even noticed the 002, but I feel what you are saying because I did notice. That was stock too. However, again, with that chain, it sounded good and worked out, a setup some love, some hate but plenty of great material has gone through that chain. I did notice though, first thing I saw
Right. If it works, it works. Most of the people that work with me could care less about what gear I use. Every once in while I'll come across someone that does. Recently a potential client went elsewhere because I didn't have an HD rig to cut hip-hop vocals over 2-tracks. Seemed a bit overkill to me but whatever.

Rack bling, rack envy, feelings of rack inadequacy. lol
Old 17th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclebubsky View Post
the modded 002 sunder great to me too...I would just stick with it

I'm using Avid I/O
Are you using the Omni?
Old 17th July 2014
Here for the gear

No Omni, Just Avid I/O 16 x 16 analog
Old 17th July 2014
Rosetta 800

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search