The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
List your current interface, that you use in 2014! Audio Interfaces
Old 29th July 2014
Gear Addict

SPL CRIMSON. Amazing.
Old 29th July 2014
Lives for gear

UAD Apollo Quad, UAD Apollo Twin Duo, RME Digiface, TASCAM IF-FW/DM MKII in TASCAM DM-4800 Digital Mixer. Also still keeping previously used E-MU 0404USB & E-MU Tracker Pre mostly for an old trusty Windows XP laptop I keep.
Old 29th July 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrimae View Post
Digi 002r stock... I've contemplated buying a UFX or Zen but just can't bring myself to lay down the cash for what may end up providing minimal improvements. In other words, I'm quite happy with my 002r despite it's reputation.
I still have a Digi002. I was thinking UFX or Apollo. I really want to get the BLA mod though. I'm just scared that as soon I drop money on it (BLA mod), Avid will stop supporting the drivers.
Old 30th July 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobiz View Post
I still have a Digi002. I was thinking UFX or Apollo. I really want to get the BLA mod though. I'm just scared that as soon I drop money on it (BLA mod), Avid will stop supporting the drivers.
I thought Black Lion stopped doing the mod's on the Digi series years ago, unless I'm wrong....I would do the same thing too if that's the case.
Old 30th July 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
I thought Black Lion stopped doing the mod's on the Digi series years ago, unless I'm wrong....I would do the same thing too if that's the case.
Nope. They are still doing the mod -> Digidesign 002r Mods :: Black Lion Audio
Old 31st July 2014
Here for the gear
Motu 828mk3 hybrid & a Motu Ultralite mk3fw
Old 6th August 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
thats funny i was looking at the twin and twin duo core.

does it have a program for sequencing or do i have to purchase protools or something like that?

im not familiar with recording software at all..

i dont even have a mixer, im going to get a soundcraft mfxi8, also a prophet 08.

then start looking into getting an interface for recording.

im just trying to perfect my craft which is getting pretty good, i make sampled hiphop, i was never into getting my stuff out there but now if im going to spend all this money i'd rather sell some beats to these kids that wanna rap.

i think you might be confusing the m-box (a pro-tools dedicated interface) with other things. I dont really know of any interface that comes with a DAW (even m-box im pretty sure you have to buy a pro-tools license and the m-box kinda acts as a dongle)

And a mixer is really not necessary at all unless your doing a bunch of tracking (doesnt sound like you are). not even necessary if you are doing tracking.
i suggest doing more research, youll probably learn more from reading other peoples post's than posting yourself.
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Addict
Avid HD Omni
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushpush View Post
I dont really know of any interface that comes with a DAW (even m-box im pretty sure you have to buy a pro-tools license and the m-box kinda acts as a dongle)
Doesn't some lower end Avid/Digi stuff come with Pro Tools Express? And some Presonus stuff comes with Studio One, and they make a couple interfaces that come with Reason? I know I purchased my MPC Renaissance and it came with Pro Tools Express (which is still in its box since I already had pro tools) so I'm sure theres a lot of "starter packs" that come with DAW software.
Old 7th August 2014
Here for the gear

Apogee Duet iPad/Mac
Old 7th August 2014
today: safiire pro 24dsp
but getting my brandnew motu 1248 avb tomorrow!
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Rme fireface 800.
Very transparent, stable, flexible piece of kit.
Highly recommended!
Old 8th August 2014
Gear Head
Focusrite Saffire PRO 40...dont understand how to route sound out of it and back in...but it does what i need it to do.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

I got much better recording results with an M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496, but times have changed, M-Audio kind of started going bad in terms of support, and I couldn't be sure the drivers would work on my modern computers. I ended up selling it. Ironically, now I use an Alesis M1 Active 320 USB Monitor/Interface thing. But it was a game changer because it's USB Class Compliant out of the box--no driver installation needed. It also works on Linux, which is what I use now. The Audiophile was difficult to get working on Linux back in the day, but it has some unofficial support in modern times. I tried to re-buy the Audiophile on Amazon, and now the prices have skyrocketed and places like American Musical Supply don't sell it anymore.

The M1 Active 320 is still worth the money though, and it was only about 90 dollars. The interface is limited to 16-bit which is a downer, and it maxes out at 48 kHz (no 96 kHz luxury hype). But for regular listening and simple work it's acceptable. The speakers sounded much better after I plugged up the ports with thick rolled up socks. Now it's quite acceptable.

I also have a Zoom R8 96 kHz 24-bit interface sampler control surface thing, but I really never use it for anything much but the SD card reader. It was fun at first, for the sampler, but it's too limited for pro use. And the control surface works like a charm, but I am really not a control surface mixing type of guy. So I plan to sell it later this summer while prices are still worthwhile.
I can probably get back exactly what I paid for it and I got a good deal on it used. It's sound quality is good enough as an interface, but I don't really do any field recording anyhow. I could get a simple mic preamp for a lot less.
Old 9th August 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
i have a mac pro 8gb ram 2.7 GHZ.

thanks for answering, im making a list of everything i have been finding out here, luckily all the things i've been looking at have been exactly what i need.

so the interface, logic X anything else?

is a control surface like a digi 003 necessary?
In my experiences a control surface is just for looks to impress clients. If its not a actual console like a SSL ect. its not worth it IMO. If you have a I pad you can use that as a controller too. Also look into GIK acoustics. The sound of the room is hugely important if not the most important
Old 13th August 2014
I'm using my Apogee Rosetta 800 connected via the X-Firewire. Still works for me. Got it hooked up to a TRS patchbay with DB25 to TRS snakes just for any quick routing.
Old 15th August 2014
Gear Head

UAD Apollo Duo w/ thunderbolt. Firewire connected to PC and thunderbolt connect to Mac Book, other thunderbolt connected to 23 inch display for Mac Book. (do not power on PC and Mac Book at the sametime!)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search