The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Free Morcheeba Beat Treats Dynamics Plugins
Old 10th March 2014
Free Morcheeba Beat Treats

Hello Fellow Gearslutz,

Here's the full pack of Kicks, Snares and Hats:

https://www.hightail.com/download/ZU...QzMzeUpYd3NUQw

The files names will give you an idea of the type and size of the drum plus the pitch the drum was tuned to.
I decided to do these after reading this thread:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-h...ted-today.html
As I wanted some new, unique sounds as I rarely find library one shots to my taste.

These are not layered, they are 6 different bass drums recorded like this:

Beater side U87 vintage > BAE 1084 > Mercury M66

Inside Kick 421 grey > 1073 vintage > Purple 77

Outside U47 fet > 1073 vintage > LA2A vintage

Room SM69 Tube > Heritage 6673 > Thermionic Phoenix ME

And then blended and processed. Any reverb is the natural sound of my courtyard which I'm sure you can lose with envelopes and convert them to mono if you don't like it.
They are 24bit 44.1 and will still need a touch of truncation.

Anyway I hope you enjoy them and if you have any questions or feedback fire away.

Cheers

Paul G
Attached Thumbnails
Free Morcheeba Beat Treats-courtyard-kicks.jpg  

Last edited by Paul_G; 14th August 2014 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: Reeeeeee-Upppppppp!
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
… Here's a selection of my first batch of Acoustic drum samples to download here: ...
Much appreciated -- some great (almost electronic!) tones, good variety from soft to hard, all organic & acoustic without too much rock'n'roll ...
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

wow! thanks!
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

Thank you!
Old 10th March 2014
thanks, and nice signal chains!
Old 10th March 2014
Dor
Lives for gear

Old 10th March 2014
SEED78
DLing now, if they smack as hard as usual Morcheeba drums then this is a real treat

@ Paul - do you still use a S950?
Old 10th March 2014
SEED78
these kick sound great!!

how long will you tease us before the snares are unleashed?
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

Thanks, much appreciated!
Old 10th March 2014
Here for the gear

Nice work Paul! you just gave Matt Weiss a run for his money nice touch by adding the key of the kicks, wish other designers would put that effort in..

looking forward for the snare batch
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

Thanks!

I own billion drum samples, but these kick samples sound great. Reverb is good sounding.
Old 10th March 2014
This is great, many thanks!

Old 10th March 2014
Gear Maniac

way cool! switching itunes from al green to morcheeba while i download.
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

Great! Thank you Sir!
Old 10th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by G. E. View Post
Much appreciated -- some great (almost electronic!) tones, good variety from soft to hard, all organic & acoustic without too much rock'n'roll ...
Thanks Dude, it's long been my ambition to create real hits that resonate like the classic machines. You just made my day!
Old 10th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEED78 View Post
DLing now, if they smack as hard as usual Morcheeba drums then this is a real treat

@ Paul - do you still use a S950?
Thanks Mate, yes I still have one of mine set up in the studio but I'm getting a cool crunch with plug ins so I haven't used it in a while. It'll always be my favourite sampler though...
Old 10th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEED78 View Post
these kick sound great!!

how long will you tease us before the snares are unleashed?
I'm almost finished with the snares so it'll be tomorrow I guess. Then just a few hats and sidesticks with plate and springs.
Old 10th March 2014
Super! Thanks a lot!
Old 10th March 2014
SEED78
Quote:
I'm almost finished with the snares so it'll be tomorrow I guess. Then just a few hats and sidesticks with plate and springs.
Amazing! can't wait to hear them.
Old 10th March 2014
Gear Head

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 11th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Burrito View Post
Thanks!

I own billion drum samples, but these kick samples sound great. Reverb is good sounding.
Thanks Mate, that was my motivation.
I love the reverb here, I was going to sell my house but I want to keep it now just for the sound of the courtyard. I think having no roof is the key as it diffuses so well.
I also just re-amped all my percussion loops through the same natural reverb and they sound incredible - like Dr. John at his Gris Gris greatness.
Old 11th March 2014
Good Morning, Thanks again for all the appreciation so far!

here are the snares I promised:
https://www.hightail.com/dl?phi_acti...T00xUUJBSXNUQw

Again, it's a variety of 24bit acoustic snares recorded with the same chains as the kicks and then processed.

Still have retro, dub style sidesticks, natural sidesticks and a few hats to follow….

Enjoy….
Old 11th March 2014
Here for the gear

thanx again! great work.
if you don't mind , what gear did you use for processing these kits?
Old 11th March 2014
Lives for gear

Thanks for Sharing bro, you know I was excited about this stuff! Much appreciated !
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Addict

Merci!!!
Old 11th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good Morning, Thanks again for all the appreciation so far!

here are the snares I promised:
https://www.hightail.com/dl?phi_acti...T00xUUJBSXNUQw

Again, it's a variety of 24bit acoustic snares recorded with the same chains as the kicks and then processed.

Still have retro, dub style sidesticks, natural sidesticks and a few hats to follow….

Enjoy….
Brilliant stuff, loaded into Maschine and they sound great, can't wait for the side sticks and hats mate.

If you could also upload some of your songwriting magic that would be appreciated too

Ben
Old 11th March 2014
best drum hits on GS ever, thanks Paul G, snares sound super warm!
Old 11th March 2014
Here for the gear

Thanks so much Paul!
Old 11th March 2014
SEED78
thanks again - there is some great impact to those snares, very pleased!
Old 11th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by role24 View Post
thanx again! great work.
if you don't mind , what gear did you use for processing these kits?
Thanks, no I don't mind at all.

After the sounds had been captured with the chains I previously listed they stayed in the box - Pro Tools 10. I considered using analogue outboard but after experimenting with some plug ins I realised I didn't need too and that I would be mixing out the box at some point anyway.

So, for the subtractive eq to get rid of the nasty resonances etc. I just used the stock Digi/Avid eqs.

For sweetening I used the Maag eq4 which sounded great for a bit of air and low end thud. I now want a few channels of the hardware versions!

To shape the transients and decays I used a combination of Waves C1 noise gates, the Sonnox TransMod, the SPL Transient designer plug and the Waves Trans X plug.

To add colour, crunch and warmth I used BX Saturator, Soundtoys Decapitator, Digidesign Lo-Fi and Cranesong Phoenix in tiny amounts. Lo-Fi also did some sample rate reduction to filter stuff down.

The different microphones were time aligned to tighten the attacks and all of the tracks were sent to an auxiliary buss with Waves L1 and the McDSP ML4000 multi band limiter which I used to boost certain frequencies depending on the individual sound. Both plugs were employed to increase a little gain.

Then the master buss had Waves L2 on it, again just to increase gain without destroying transients.

I hope this explains things, let me know if you have any other specific questions….

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search