The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Free Morcheeba Beat Treats Dynamics Plugins
Old 21st July 2014
Here for the gear

Thanks
Old 26th July 2014
Here for the gear

hey! long time lurker, first time commenter - just wanted to let you know that I used a lot of these samples in a quick track I did this evening and I love them to death. I am by no means a decent producer and I'm sure they're pitched wrong etc!

https://soundcloud.com/kristenwiig/double-smooch
Old 28th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulip View Post
hey! long time lurker, first time commenter - just wanted to let you know that I used a lot of these samples in a quick track I did this evening and I love them to death. I am by no means a decent producer and I'm sure they're pitched wrong etc!

https://soundcloud.com/kristenwiig/double-smooch
Sounds really fresh. Love the drum programming!
Old 28th July 2014
Here for the gear

I deleted all other drums in my libraries that i have, because of yours sample pack.
You change my life! The new dimension is open!

-Each instrument/melody that i put after i made the drums section is amazing sound that i never hear before.
-Because each instrument sit very easy on the drums and *together playing a song (beat) that i was looking for all my life :-)
-And I learned an old secret that many times I heard in hip hop,and it is : DrumS are the KeY.
Old 3rd August 2014
Here for the gear

Thanks a lot from Milan, Italy!
Old 11th August 2014
Lives for gear

Also late to this party, just downloaded, these drums sound fantastic!
Morcheeba, along with Air, Portishead and Massive Attack made up the soundtrack of my late 90's, and still sustains to this day.
Very excited to give these drums a try, thanks again Paul!
Old 13th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Also late to this party, just downloaded, these drums sound fantastic!
Morcheeba, along with Air, Portishead and Massive Attack made up the soundtrack of my late 90's, and still sustains to this day.
Very excited to give these drums a try, thanks again Paul!
The pleasure's all mine. Thanks for the kind words
Old 14th August 2014
Hi All, here is a re-up for those still asking:
https://www.hightail.com/download/ZU...QzMzeUpYd3NUQw
Cheers
Paul
Old 17th August 2014
Gear Head

I made this right after 4th of July, got some inspiration from a beatiful fire work show and the soldiers who served our Country. And Paul G drums.

Freedom by DJ4Shure on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds
Old 17th August 2014
Gear Maniac

thanks paul, they're good drum takes. just wondering, awesome aside from that the fact that you required early adopters to provide a diddy for your approval.. and now.. its a free for all? free free freee etc of course.. just curious about that.. seems kinda mean to early dudes
Old 17th August 2014
Gear Maniac

a "diddy"?
Old 17th August 2014
Lives for gear

These are some seriously great sounding hits.
In about a half hour's time I was able to map a most of the kits in Logic's EXS.
I didn't use every single hit, but scanned them all and picked the best ones from each folder.

The idea was to incorporate them into the track I'm working on, which I have faith will eventually happen.
Yet I've been just tapping away on these Cheeba drums like a kid banging on kitchen pots, with the project sitting idle, it's just so much fun to interact with the sounds in such a way.

Stellar.
Old 18th August 2014
Here for the gear

Thanks a lot for this amazing drum pack! An absolute gem among free sample packs.
Old 18th September 2014
Lives for gear

word.
Old 22nd September 2014
Lives for gear

Wow. Absolutely love your music.

And the fact that you would give back to the musical community like this is truly amazing of you.

I respected you before as an incredibly talented musician and now as a genuinely good bloke. Thanks so much.
Old 22nd September 2014
Lives for gear

Wow. Absolutely love your music.

And the fact that you would give back to the musical community like thus is truly amazing of you.

I respected you before as a new incredibly talented musician and now as a genuinely good bloke. Thanks so much.
Old 12th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
For the MPC users Damien has very kindly converted the drum files to 16bit and shortened the names.

Here is a link to his versions:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Z...WkJrYUJMWE5Vag

Thanks Damien!

Enjoy.
Hi Paul,

is there any possibility to re-up MPC versions?
I'm sitting in Airbnb flat, just moved to Germany and all I have is internet Mac and MPC. Please help a guy

Thanks
Old 13th October 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-cd View Post
Hi Paul,

is there any possibility to re-up MPC versions?
I'm sitting in Airbnb flat, just moved to Germany and all I have is internet Mac and MPC. Please help a guy

Thanks
Here you go:

https://www.hightail.com/download/Ul...Mm1Fd2MwTWRVag
Old 13th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Thank you Paul. I really appreciate it.

P.S.
Have to find out why my MPC doesn't see those files. I'm a newbie regarding MP.

<<<< Ok, everything works fine. Thanks. I had to re-format pendrive on the MPC.
Old 16th October 2014
Gear Head
Thank you Paul G! you made my day! I'm going to try that kit today, it looks really good!!

EDIT: Man! There are many many sounds!! I just expeted like a demo! Oh god this is awasome!!!!!!!
EDIT2: Oh jeez thats sick for sure! Really pleased about this stuff! All of them sound like heaven!
Old 23rd October 2014
Lives for gear

Wow this is incredible, thank you so much Paul. I discovered Morcheeba while backpacking in Europe in 2006, in Madrid. We saw an ad for a Beck show/outdoor festival, decided to check it out, and caught your set. I instantly fell in love with your band, and will never forget that night. Lifelong fan.

If you have a moment, I have a question. I write a lot of music in D/Dminor, and am wondering which kicks you would suggest using from your pack for that in terms of tuning. Perhaps the one's tuned to the 5th, A? I also tend to prefer the sound of a kick when it's tuned to the tonic, though in D that becomes difficult since it's so low. Even when using sine waves for the sub, 37hz is sometimes hard to reproduce well on speakers....any suggestions for your samples and/or for the key of D in general in terms of drum tuning? If the tonic isn't possible, do you aim for the 5th, 3rd, etc?
Old 24th October 2014
Thanks Fellas I'm amazed it's still so popular after so long. BTW I'm still using it so I guess it can't be all bad. Paul x
Old 15th November 2014
Deleted User
Hey Paul, these are absolutely fantastic. Thanks a million. Got a lot of use on a recent project, Man Dance. The drum groove on the first track is basically built around two alternating side stick samples.

https://mandance.bandcamp.com/track/emblems-animals

Thanks again, great stuff.
Old 23rd December 2014
Gear Head

Hi Paul,

Thank you SOO much - these are brilliant!

Last edited by cmonster; 23rd December 2014 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: boing!
Old 23rd December 2014
SEED78
these sounds really are special - looking forward to loading up the mpc3000 with some of these soon.

out of interest, do you ever use your TC Pheonix during 1 shot tracking, or always just for the room mic? I've always wondered what its like during mono tracking of drums, have heard its good on vocals. Is the Pheonix getting love on the 2 bus?
Old 27th December 2014
Lives for gear

What is Morcheeba's best album?
Old 27th December 2014
Thanks Guys! I hope you are making time for beats at this distracting time of year

Regarding the TC Phoenix, I haven't really used it for mono tracking as I tend to keep stereo comps for stereo duties and mono ones for mono etc.
I love the Phoenix, it is one of my favourite comps and gets regular use on the 2 buss and also for mastering.
Old 27th December 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa ego View Post
What is Morcheeba's best album?
I guess it depends on who you ask. "Big Calm" was our most popular effort which has sold around 3 + million copies so far, but the albums I enjoyed producing the most were "Who Can You Trust?" "Charango" and "Dive Deep".
Cheers
Paul
Old 31st December 2014
I don't know if anyone's still doing this, but here's something I made with some of your drums. I'm hardly professional as many of you will soon discover, but hey I like it. Hope you do, too
Attached Files

converge-shower song.mp3 (7.09 MB, 532 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search