The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Free Morcheeba Beat Treats Dynamics Plugins
Old 20th May 2014
Gear Head

thank you man!
and big up to you the sounds are great
Old 21st May 2014
thanks again Paul for spreading the love.
Old 21st May 2014
Lives for gear

After reading how you created these I had to download this kit. Thanks for going the extra mile and sharing with the world. I'll load them in the mpc later and check em out
Old 26th May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalBlack View Post
After reading how you created these I had to download this kit. Thanks for going the extra mile and sharing with the world. I'll load them in the mpc later and check em out
How did you get on ?
Old 30th May 2014
Hi again!

As I've said before, I will post some more tracks some day. I got my 5-track demo pack finally finished. It's not really rap nor hip-hop, but every track makes use of at least one of Paul G's drum samples.

Thank You! Enjoy!
Old 31st May 2014
Old 1st June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
How did you get on ?
Fantastically. Today was my first real chance to convert them down to 16bit so the mpc1000 could read them. These kicks are soo full and hit hard the snare have great attack and body and the hats are soo clear you can really hear the complexity and character of the drums. I feel like I owe you money. At the very least I'm gonna pick up a vinyl copy of your album. Thanks man definitely in my top 3 sample kits
Old 3rd June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by llest View Post
Hi again!

As I've said before, I will post some more tracks some day. I got my 5-track demo pack finally finished. It's not really rap nor hip-hop, but every track makes use of at least one of Paul G's drum samples.

Thank You! Enjoy!
Hey llest, Thanks for kindly posting all of these. It's great to hear them in such an electronic context. The drum patterns really punch through those massive synth riffs!
Old 3rd June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalBlack View Post
Fantastically. Today was my first real chance to convert them down to 16bit so the mpc1000 could read them. These kicks are soo full and hit hard the snare have great attack and body and the hats are soo clear you can really hear the complexity and character of the drums. I feel like I owe you money. At the very least I'm gonna pick up a vinyl copy of your album. Thanks man definitely in my top 3 sample kits
Excellent, thanks for the feedback! You don't owe me anything, just your positivity is payment enough!

Yes I was wondering about the 16bit option for the MPC heads. Does anyone have a 16bit version they are willing to share for those that may need converted versions?
Old 3rd June 2014
Here for the gear

Hat off to you Paul G! These sounds are exactly what I was missing.
Old 3rd June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Excellent, thanks for the feedback! You don't owe me anything, just your positivity is payment enough!

Yes I was wondering about the 16bit option for the MPC heads. Does anyone have a 16bit version they are willing to share for those that may need converted versions?
I'll try to do that this evening when I get off work
Old 8th June 2014
Hey Paul, With much regret, I am only now surfing through your guys music.. I remember the name Morcheeba from when I was a kid..
Coming from a typical hip-hop background, it is only in the last couple years I have drifted into the vibe of trip-hop, and now making this kind of sound my home.
Glad to say your sound will defiantly be a new influence as a listener, and now with your samples.
My group "The Escape" is mixing down the debut album, and as we are only 4 songs deep into our next album, I can already tel your samples will be used regularly from here on out.
I just wanna say a big thank you for the samples, and for your guys music. If The Escape ever cracks it, I'll be sure to mention your input.

https://soundcloud.com/theescapeutl/...escape-album-1
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
paul, you could PM me, and i can email you the 16 bit version i converted. i also took all the names and converted them to 16 characters or less, so people with jjos can read them on their mpcs.
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

Having just DL's these and checked the folder layout and auditioned a few EXCELLENT sounding samples... I can't help but wish I and the EXS24 instrument files or battery files to go with these as they appear top be layer out folder wise in a way that suggests there was a particular way to load them workflow wise..

I guess i'll suss it out and make them work...but i'd love to try them as they were intended to be used....

Thanks for the share!!!

Zz.
Old 10th June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla View Post
Having just DL's these and checked the folder layout and auditioned a few EXCELLENT sounding samples... I can't help but wish I and the EXS24 instrument files or battery files to go with these as they appear top be layer out folder wise in a way that suggests there was a particular way to load them workflow wise..

I guess i'll suss it out and make them work...but i'd love to try them as they were intended to be used....

Thanks for the share!!!

Zz.
There is no mapping for these. Just choose the ones you like and go. For the Kick I personally mostly use a couple of regular ones and a couple of soft ones. Sometimes I stick a hard hit kick on the 1 beat. Snare wise the soft hits work well for the ghost notes of which I'll use a couple with about 4 variations of each for the backbeat to give it some sense of movement.
Glad you like them cheers, Paul G
Old 13th June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien907 View Post
paul, you could PM me, and i can email you the 16 bit version i converted. i also took all the names and converted them to 16 characters or less, so people with jjos can read them on their mpcs.
For the MPC users Damien has very kindly converted the drum files to 16bit and shortened the names.

Here is a link to his versions:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Z...WkJrYUJMWE5Vag

Thanks Damien!

Enjoy.
Old 21st June 2014
Lives for gear

anyone DL the mpc converted samples?
Old 23rd June 2014
Quote:
anyone DL the mpc converted samples?
Yes there's been 20 plus so far so that's great. I guess they're either chopping or shy.

All in all there's been thousands downloaded and that's just from my up load.
Old 23rd June 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferran View Post
Thanks man!

This link worked great for me. And I'm so much appreciate all contribution here on this thread. All you guys made my day
Old 23rd June 2014
Gear Nut

Man, BIG A** PROPS! How could i slept on this thread so long... i downloaded the whole pack in the first post (147mb) and this mpc 16bit version (60mb), but theres some links with some file that is 40mb, im missing something or i got everything i need with the 2 files i already downloaded?

my internet connection is pretty slow where im at, downloading anything bigger than 10mb is a pain in the a**! lol!

peace and thanks again Paul_G
Old 23rd June 2014
Lives for gear

Thank you once again Paul.
Old 26th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo.zaccara View Post
Man, BIG A** PROPS! How could i slept on this thread so long... i downloaded the whole pack in the first post (147mb) and this mpc 16bit version (60mb), but theres some links with some file that is 40mb, im missing something or i got everything i need with the 2 files i already downloaded?

my internet connection is pretty slow where im at, downloading anything bigger than 10mb is a pain in the a**! lol!

peace and thanks again Paul_G
there was a previous version that didnt have all of the drum samples in it, but if you got the bigger file and the mpc converted ones, you will have them all.

the mpc converted one is the 16 bit version of the full kit, the smaller file is probably the version that paul released originally that only had some of the drums.

@ paul, thats awesome people are downloading the 16 bit version too, im glad i could help you guys out, but all the credit really goes to you paul! these drums are amazing, you dont run across a kit like this so often, especially for free! this was really a great contribution, thanks again man!
im still waiting until i can use them, but i already know they will be in my go to drums folder!
Old 26th June 2014
Lives for gear

I got zillions of drum samples, but these positively stand out.
Thanks a bunch, Paul!
Old 28th June 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
there was a previous version that didnt have all of the drum samples in it, but if you got the bigger file and the mpc converted ones, you will have them all.

the mpc converted one is the 16 bit version of the full kit, the smaller file is probably the version that paul released originally that only had some of the drums.

@ paul, thats awesome people are downloading the 16 bit version too, im glad i could help you guys out, but all the credit really goes to you paul! these drums are amazing, you dont run across a kit like this so often, especially for free! this was really a great contribution, thanks again man!
im still waiting until i can use them, but i already know they will be in my go to drums folder!
thanks fam, i wish everybody had this positive and helpful attitude that u and paul got, really nice, hope u inspire more people to contribute to it...

im working on some misc one shots, just a few sounds, hope to be able to share it with yall too...

peace!!
Old 30th June 2014
Gear Addict

I hear you guys are from Hythe/Folkestone area originally? I grew up in Folkestone, now pursuing music in London so it's very inspiring to hear of some local success stories.

Thank you for the samples, downloading now. Look forward to hearing them!

EDIT: The samples are glorious!!

Quote:
Hello Fellow Gearslutz,

Here's the full pack of Kicks, Snares and Hats:

https://www.hightail.com/download/ZU...TlFFc0kxWjhUQw

The files names will give you an idea of the type and size of the drum plus the pitch the drum was tuned to.
I decided to do these after reading this thread:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-h...ted-today.html
As I wanted some new, unique sounds as I rarely find library one shots to my taste.

These are not layered, they are 6 different bass drums recorded like this:

Beater side U87 vintage > BAE 1084 > Mercury M66

Inside Kick 421 grey > 1073 vintage > Purple 77

Outside U47 fet > 1073 vintage > LA2A vintage

Room SM69 Tube > Heritage 6673 > Thermionic Phoenix ME

And then blended and processed. Any reverb is the natural sound of my courtyard which I'm sure you can lose with envelopes and convert them to mono if you don't like it.
They are 24bit 44.1 and will still need a touch of truncation.

Anyway I hope you enjoy them and if you have any questions or feedback fire away.

Cheers

Paul G
Old 2nd July 2014
Gear Head

Great job on this drumkit Paul. The kicks and snare hit very hard. Already in the process of applying some of these drums, into a few tracks I am currently working on. Thanks again.
Old 3rd July 2014
Lives for gear

thanks much. and by the way, I love Morcheeba's Big Calm album.
Old 6th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassica View Post
I hear you guys are from Hythe/Folkestone area originally? I grew up in Folkestone, now pursuing music in London so it's very inspiring to hear of some local success stories.

Thank you for the samples, downloading now. Look forward to hearing them!

EDIT: The samples are glorious!!
Small world. Yes I was born in Folkestone and grew up in Hythe. Worked in a couple of studios and also made beats at home. We moved to London to get our record deal and never looked back. I think the boredom of Hythe contributed greatly to our imagination and desperate need to escape.
Glad you like the Drums!
Old 10th July 2014
Here for the gear

thanks a bunch!

Wow, these are great. Thanks a heap, Paul! I look forward to using them.

If in future you do decide to make a full kit for purchase, make sure there are some toms and cymbals in there. I would def. instacop a full kit!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search