The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Free Morcheeba Beat Treats Dynamics Plugins
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

Hey everybody:

Somebody has uploaded the entire package in one convenient zip file:

Free large file exchange service without size limits
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

Excellent sounding samples, Paul G. Thank you.

It's exactly like being in the studio again.

Cheers
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

Thanks for the files, I dloaded these couple of weeks ago and already used few of them on a mix.
Old 9th April 2014
Thanks guys, it seems that some of you will get these drums in a finished product before I will. goof

Also I wanted to mention that when recording them the softer the drums were struck, the more low end they possessed but I'm sure you know this fact already.

I'd be really interested to hear them in a finished context if you feel like sharing….

I have the full pack (about 10X the amount) ready to share with those that use them well
Old 10th April 2014
Here for the gear

Also late to the game. Would love to get these samples if possible! (all the links are dead)
Thank you!
Old 12th April 2014
RTR
Lives for gear

Links are dead, would really appreciate these...
Old 12th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
I re-uploaded all the samples in a zip file here: Free large file exchange service without size limits
They will be available for 14 days.
Is this link that Ronn put up not working?
Old 12th April 2014
Lives for gear

Hey Paul, thanks a lot for being such a gent! Didn't get the chance to download them yet, but will do as soon as I get back to the studio. (had a motorbike accident + intervention yesterday) hope some kind soul reuploads them. The wifi is awful here.

Aaand yeah, im a little bit bored, so let me also share my first experience with Morcheeba. 1999, first travel to India. I was kind of a 21 year old punk with a world pending to experience. Went by myself, knew a beautiful Aussie girl -who I still frequently talk to btw, and fell in love... with her cd! Two months later she was kind enough to give it to me. Still plays well, still is one of my favourites.

Man, funny how music connects you through time, people, and space.

Be well,

Carlos
Old 12th April 2014
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Is this link that Ronn put up not working?
yup, thats working..sorry I must have missed that post. thanks a lot!
Old 13th April 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks guys, it seems that some of you will get these drums in a finished product before I will. goof

Also I wanted to mention that when recording them the softer the drums were struck, the more low end they possessed but I'm sure you know this fact already.

I'd be really interested to hear them in a finished context if you feel like sharing….

I have the full pack (about 10X the amount) ready to share with those that use them well
my body is ready.
Old 13th April 2014
Here for the gear

Hey Just joined the site to say thank you for these drums! there so dope, here's a remix i did recently with some of them.

https://soundcloud.com/beatwyze/sign...x-theo-3-korry
Old 15th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatWyze View Post
Hey Just joined the site to say thank you for these drums! there so dope, here's a remix i did recently with some of them.

https://soundcloud.com/beatwyze/sign...x-theo-3-korry
Your beat sounds really great Mate! Thanks for sharing and check your inbox for a link..... And please don't repost the full (private) pack.
Old 15th April 2014
Here for the gear

Thank you! that means alot to me, i really appreciate that...don't worry i will be keeping these to myself muhahahahha!
Old 26th April 2014
Gear Nut
Aaah I've come too late once again. If anyone is able to share the samples with me or is allowed to re-upload them here I'd be super grateful!
Old 26th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagavi View Post
Aaah I've come too late once again. If anyone is able to share the samples with me or is allowed to re-upload them here I'd be super grateful!
Is the link above no longer working? It looks like it should.
Old 27th April 2014
Lives for gear

i would love to get these too, but the above link isnt working anyomore either.

thanks man!

they sound really good in the "significant remix" that beatwyze posted.
Old 27th April 2014
Here for the gear

I've re-uploaded the samples again:
Old 27th April 2014
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
I've re-uploaded the samples again:
Fantastic, thank you, Ronn.
Old 28th April 2014
Lives for gear

thanks alot ronn!

im dl'ing them now!

you are awesome!
Old 28th April 2014
Lives for gear

these sound awesome! thanks man!
you tuned the kicks? thats dope!
Old 29th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien907 View Post
these sound awesome! thanks man!
you tuned the kicks? thats dope!
Yes I tuned the kicks with a "tune-bot" initially to get them close to the desired pitch quickly and then I did the fine tuning by ear.
Contrary to many opinions I firmly believe that the kick should be tuned to the tonic or at least a complimentary note. When I came up engineering in the analogue days I remember producers I worked with going mad because the kick drums were out of tune with the track. I thought they were nuts at the time but eventually realised they were exactly right.
Old 30th April 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yes I tuned the kicks with a "tune-bot" initially to get them close to the desired pitch quickly and then I did the fine tuning by ear.
Contrary to many opinions I firmly believe that the kick should be tuned to the tonic or at least a complimentary note. When I came up engineering in the analogue days I remember producers I worked with going mad because the kick drums were out of tune with the track. I thought they were nuts at the time but eventually realised they were exactly right.

This is mainly for the recording process right?

I always wondered, for live gig's and concerts, how do the drummers tune their kit, when the songs generally are in different keys?
Old 30th April 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:

So much crap written on here about 'drums have no pitch/not worth tuning, etc'......rubbish. The stuff either beats against or with your notes. Pick one. Not a hard choice.
Old 30th April 2014
Lives for gear

yeah, i really like tuned kicks as well!

not all my music has them, but i try to use them when i can!

thanks again man! these are going to be fun to mess around with!
im going to fire them up for my next beat for sure!
Old 30th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehf Slaps View Post
This is mainly for the recording process right?

I always wondered, for live gig's and concerts, how do the drummers tune their kit, when the songs generally are in different keys?
Yes this is a studio thing.
Live it's obviously a compromise and generally the front of house engineer has a large say in it too. It's not really my department but I think in this scenario it depends on the music and it's a case of getting the drums to sound as good as they naturally can. I'm not really a big fan of live drum sounds as they tend to be too hard and heavy (in a bad way) for my tastes. I also think you can get away with much more live in terms of sound and performance as it's fleeting and the sound is normally huge naturally.
Old 30th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post

So much crap written on here about 'drums have no pitch/not worth tuning, etc'......rubbish. The stuff either beats against or with your notes. Pick one. Not a hard choice.
Exactly Boris! I can't tell you how many potentially great Hip Hop records I've heard that have kicks that literally suck.

I understand it not being such an issue if people are making music that has a ton of fancy chord changes and key changes but this is Hip Hop FFS.
Old 30th April 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Exactly Boris! I can't tell you how many potentially great Hip Hop records I've heard that have kicks that literally suck.

I understand it not being such an issue if people are making music that has a ton of fancy chord changes and key changes but this is Hip Hop FFS.
I don't know, to me any programmed drums (as that is what I have mainly dealt with) were always playing a melody between them. Kick-snare-ki ki kick- snare-hat.......the pitches of each make a melody, and hence a certain tension that interacts with the 'real notes' in the musical instruments around them......not rocket science, just 'by ear' tweaking to make it all work instead of fight and more so, have a specific feeling to it. ..
Old 30th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
I don't know, to me any programmed drums (as that is what I have mainly dealt with) were always playing a melody between them. Kick-snare-ki ki kick- snare-hat.......the pitches of each make a melody, and hence a certain tension that interacts with the 'real notes' in the musical instruments around them......not rocket science, just 'by ear' tweaking to make it all work instead of fight and more so, have a specific feeling to it. ..
Yes quite often I'll start with drums and percussion and let them suggest the riff of the bassline or the chord sequence etc. It is all about feel and I like to keep it simple so each part "must pull it's weight".
Old 30th April 2014
Gear Maniac

Thank you very much. This pack sounds really nice.
Old 2nd May 2014
Gear Addict

Thanks for making and sharing these. The stick hits are great and really useful.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search