The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Free Morcheeba Beat Treats Dynamics Plugins
Old 31st March 2014
Gear Nut

Thanks!! Glad that thread inspired you!!!
Old 31st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Great stuff, thanks
Old 31st March 2014
Gear Head

Thanks for the samples they're great
Old 1st April 2014
Gear Guru

Jesus, these are some bloody gorgeous sounds, Paul!! Thank you very much indeed for your generosity.

The way these have a full helping of 100% 'properness' on the quality end, but yet unlike most other things somehow 'recorded through that high quality chain with this and that and whatever..." things that seem to lose their appeal to actually be used in music that at least I would like to make, these here hits are positively inspiring and came jumping out of my ProAcs with just the right amount of clarity and space. No sizzle to impress, that would only get in the way in the music or tiresome, just enough to make the space real. And LARGE sounding!

The spaces are truly something.

Wow. May karma hit you hard with goodness in return.
Old 1st April 2014
mixmixmix
Always loved Morcheeba, and influenced by this great band. Now those treats... Awesome. Thanx a lot!!!!
Old 1st April 2014
Thanks everybody, I'm glad you like and that they are proving useful. I've been using them on every new beat I've been making.
Old 1st April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Jesus, these are some bloody gorgeous sounds, Paul!! Thank you very much indeed for your generosity.

The way these have a full helping of 100% 'properness' on the quality end, but yet unlike most other things somehow 'recorded through that high quality chain with this and that and whatever..." things that seem to lose their appeal to actually be used in music that at least I would like to make, these here hits are positively inspiring and came jumping out of my ProAcs with just the right amount of clarity and space. No sizzle to impress, that would only get in the way in the music or tiresome, just enough to make the space real. And LARGE sounding!

The spaces are truly something.

Wow. May karma hit you hard with goodness in return.
No problem Boris, my pleasure! Yeah I too was getting sick of all the "high end" gear hype on the library packs only to hear them in my studio and realise they were badly stacked one shots where each layer was out of tune with the next and that they had no real air or punch.
Speaking of stacking, I've just put a couple of your Fluffer samples behind the Olympic 20 kick and it sounds amazing, it adds a great thump without detracting from the acoustic punch. A marriage made in heaven!
I'll continue to experiment with the Slappers and Fluffers and bounce down the ones that sound great for future usage...
Old 1st April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePlastic View Post
Thanks!! Glad that thread inspired you!!!
Yes that thread and Matt Weiss' Maio Collection were the main inspiration.

Matt was kind enough to message me to let me know he thought my drum samples sounded great.
Old 1st April 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
No problem Boris, my pleasure! Yeah I too was getting sick of all the "high end" gear hype on the library packs only to hear them in my studio and realise they were badly stacked one shots where each layer was out of tune with the next and that they had no real air or punch.
Speaking of stacking, I've just put a couple of your Fluffer samples behind the Olympic 20 kick and it sounds amazing, it adds a great thump without detracting from the acoustic punch. A marriage made in heaven!
I'll continue to experiment with the Slappers and Fluffers and bounce down the ones that sound great for future usage...
Very cool!! Happy the dirty Fluffers slipped underneath and did their job.
Old 1st April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Karloff, what happened to the original kit you had posted a while back? Did you license the old kit to wave alchemy is that the same as the one you posted a few years ago? Ive been meaning try it out. I cant find your original pack.

Paul G, I was wondering how you got the kick so big. Duh, one of the first things I learned in mastering class. Im trying not too hype up your kit too much. I love it! Im being greedy and keeping this to myself.
Old 1st April 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwet View Post
Karloff, what happened to the original kit you had posted a while back? Did you license the old kit to wave alchemy is that the same as the one you posted a few years ago? Ive been meaning try it out. I cant find your original pack.

Paul G, I was wondering how you got the kick so big. Duh, one of the first things I learned in mastering class.
No, the original Slappers and Fluffers is still around and what Paul is referring to. Those never went to Wave Alchemy. Feels unclean to link it in this thread though. Do a search or pm me.
Old 1st April 2014
Quote:
Paul G, I was wondering how you got the kick so big. Duh, one of the first things I learned in mastering class. Im trying not too hype up your kit too much. I love it! Im being greedy and keeping this to myself.
Ankle weights

You think it sounds big now wait till you stick a fluffer under it!

I describe the processing in an earlier post which I hope may answer your question but really it's a question of good tuning, a good space and good phase.

Cheers,

Paul
Old 1st April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ankle weights

You think it sounds big now wait till you stick a fluffer under it!

I describe the processing in an earlier post which I hope may answer your question but really it's a question of good tuning, a good space and good phase.

Cheers,

Paul
Im amazed.

Im off to pick up some of your albums wheres the vinyl sold at? I found a few on amazon, still looking...

Edit: I found quite a few just searching. Enough to be busy for a while. Thanks again for the knowledge and the actual kit!
Old 1st April 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Is it too late to purchase your fluffers kit?
Old 1st April 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehf Slaps View Post
Is it too late to purchase your fluffers kit?
It isn't, but I don't feel right about putting a link in this thread, as stated before. PM me.
Old 1st April 2014
Hey Boris, go ahead Mate. The more (decent drum sounds) the merrier...
Old 1st April 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Hey Boris, go ahead Mate. The more (decent drum sounds) the merrier...
If you say so...

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/produ...m-toolkit.html

Old 1st April 2014
Quote:
These really work a treat side by side!
Old 1st April 2014
Quote:
Im amazed.

Im off to pick up some of your albums wheres the vinyl sold at? I found a few on amazon, still looking...

Edit: I found quite a few just searching. Enough to be busy for a while. Thanks again for the knowledge and the actual kit!
Yeah the vinyl can be quite rare. Enjoy and thanks again!
Old 1st April 2014
Gear Maniac

Definitely going to grab a copy of the fluffers and slappers. Oh and Paul, really enjoyed your library. It's great to see quality drum samples in this day & age of cheap drum sample kits. If you were ever to release a drum library for commercial release, I'd definitely be your first customer.
Old 1st April 2014
Lives for gear

Thank you
Old 1st April 2014
Here for the gear

wow, thank you so much!!!
Old 1st April 2014
Lives for gear

Had to jump here and give thx where due, REALLY nice job on these hits. Those kicks- holy crap! You sure u don wanna license these w/some company? It beats jus about every other smpl pack I've heard outhere.
Old 1st April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekloos View Post
Had to jump here and give thx where due, REALLY nice job on these hits. Those kicks- holy crap! You sure u don wanna license these w/some company? It beats jus about every other smpl pack I've heard outhere.
Thanks Mate, that was my objective. I've since been approached by a couple of companies so we'll see but really I just get a buzz out of messing around and sharing the ****.
Old 4th April 2014
Gear Addict

Just found out on BPB about these samples. The links to snares and kicks seem broken though - any chance of fixing them, Paul?
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Hey, Paul! Thanks for the awesome samples, already starting a track using them. I'm a fan of your music also, great to have you here.
Old 4th April 2014
Here for the gear
Looking forward to hearing these. Nice one Paul. NOt spoken since the myspace days. Hope all is well
Old 5th April 2014
Here for the gear

Samples are offline!
Old 5th April 2014
Here for the gear

Please, with all my desire, I must hear these acoustic drum samples. Can they please be re-upped?
Old 5th April 2014
Here for the gear

Would someone be kind enough to share the Kicks and snare files of the Morcheeba beat treats? i was able to download the hats and the sidesticks but the kicks and snare links are down....Paul could you please re-upload the Kicks and snares

Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search