The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Free Morcheeba Beat Treats Dynamics Plugins
Old 11th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonsquash View Post
best drum hits on GS ever, thanks Paul G, snares sound super warm!
Wow, that's quite a compliment!
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the share.
The snares sound lovely.

The link for the first pack seems to be expired.
It'd be ace if you could (or someone else if you don't mind) upload them again...
Old 11th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoo View Post
Thanks for the share.
The snares sound lovely.

The link for the first pack seems to be expired.
It'd be ace if you could (or someone else if you don't mind) upload them again...
Thanks. Wow, that maxed out quicker than I imagined.
Here's the new re-up link for the Kick Drums:

https://www.hightail.com/dl?phi_acti...TERCTW5tcXNUQw
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Head

Great, great samples - these will get use in my samplers as well as possibly triggered from my not-as-great-sounding acoustic drum recordings!
Its really nice to see your workflow/effects used, gives me lots of stuff to mentally chew on next time i'm working on mixing or making drum samples. I've always noticed the drums on your songs as stand outs for selection, placement, warmth, and punch.

With a million free drum samples floating around there, it's great to get some professional quality sounds that are "good to go" and not played out - again, much appreciation from this forum and can't wait for the hats/sticks...
Old 11th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by role24 View Post
Nice work Paul! you just gave Matt Weiss a run for his money nice touch by adding the key of the kicks, wish other designers would put that effort in..

looking forward for the snare batch
Ha Ha, thanks his drums sound dope.
Key wise they should be pretty close but obviously the pitch is higher the harder they're beaten.
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Thanks. Wow, that maxed out quicker than I imagined.
Here's the new re-up link for the Kick Drums:

https://www.hightail.com/dl?phi_acti...TERCTW5tcXNUQw
Great!
Thanks for the re-share.
Will definitely use these samples in the future.
I usually do some kind of house music and I've been synthesizing my low kicks but always use a "real sounding" top kick to get rid of the laboratory vibe.

Really dig the Rogers snare from the snare pack.
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Maniac

these snares are so good
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Maniac

really really nice! so nice in fact, that the mix i finished last week is going to get a new kick and the snare may get tossed too. glad i hadn't sent it out yet.

thanks so much, paul!
Old 12th March 2014
Thanks again Guys! It's funny, I've been recording and mixing acoustic drums for a little over 25 years now and there is always new stuff to learn, I guess that's what keeps me attracted to it. I love the variables.

I'll put the sidesticks up in a bit....

Cheers
Paul
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

Man, thanks for this. I don't gauge drums until I actually make something with them but these sound like they are going to be something I may use a lot.
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Addict
just picked up the snares, they sound good... props for making your own sounds
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

Got to check these bad boys out today absolute top shelf stuff. Thanks again!
Old 12th March 2014
Sidesticks

Morning All,

Here are the side sticks.
https://www.hightail.com/dl?phi_acti...YTJJMHRvSWNUQw

There are some dub/retro style ones with hardware Master room spring reverb in the left and EMT 240 plate in the right. These were designed for my own use as I can never find decent wet side stick samples. I like to pitch them way down as I love what happens to the reverb and it's been one of my signature sounds going back to our first single "Trigger Hippie" from 1995:

There are also some clean snappy ones.

Enjoy and keep the feedback coming.
I'd also be interested in constructive criticism if you have any so I can continue to improve.

PG
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

THX for sharing!

Quote:
I like to pitch them way down as I love what happens to the reverb and it's been one of my signature sounds going back to our first single "Trigger Hippie" from 1995
Definitely one of my all time favorites - but i loved all the songs on "who can you trust" and "big calm"!!
Old 12th March 2014
SEED78
wicked - will have to file these under 'essential'.
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for these, man.

Big Calm is a soundtrack to many many great memories of New Zealand summer, good friends, beaches and much much cheeba. Such an amazing album on so many levels and still sounds amazing today. A soundtrack to an era.

Thanks again man!
Old 13th March 2014
Morning Guys,

Here are a few raw hi-hats to download.

https://www.hightail.com/dl?phi_acti...YTIyWGQzZU1UQw

That's all the sounds for now, thanks again, I've really enjoyed this process and will be making some more soon. In fact I'm thinking of doing a proper library/pack at some point and using Chateaus around France for the location recording. That would be fun!

Cheers
Paul
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Morning Guys,

That's all the sounds for now, thanks again, I've really enjoyed this process and will be making some more soon. In fact I'm thinking of doing a proper library/pack at some point and using Chateaus around France for the location recording. That would be fun!

Cheers
Paul

Thank you sir you have spoiled us all! And yes chateaus fantastic idea!
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Maniac

thank you paul, so incredibly generous of you!

a chateau library sounds fab...any chance it will include a bottle of vino from each recording region?
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Head

Dude, excellent all around! Thank you a ton for posting these. I try to create much of my own sounds with the limited gear I have (it can be fun), but never hurts having great real sounds such as all of yours.

The place you have pictured with the drums & MIC’s looks awesome as well!

Again, Thank You!
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Wow, these sound SUPERB

Thanks so much for sharing

Quote:
Morning Guys,

Cheers
Paul
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Thanx man
Old 13th March 2014
Here for the gear

Thank you, Paul.
Old 14th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Thank you Paul
Old 14th March 2014
Here for the gear

Wow, those drums sound really great! Love the warmth Thanks so much, Paul!
Old 16th March 2014
Here for the gear

Thx paul
Old 16th March 2014
Gear Addict

Paul_G, You are a Gentleman and a Scholar. Thank you so much for taking the time to share these samples. They will no doubt make it onto many a composition. Please make sure you tell us if you ever do a commercial sample pack!
Old 17th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugworth View Post
thank you paul, so incredibly generous of you!

a chateau library sounds fab...any chance it will include a bottle of vino from each recording region?
I could drink a bottle from each region and then record while under the influence but I'm not sure it'll help.

Seriously though there are so many amazing spaces here it would be a shame not to take advantage of them. I might do a wine blog while I'm at it too...
Old 17th March 2014
Thanks again all for the support and enthusiasm. It's my pleasure, use them in good health! I'd like to hear what you do with them…. I've been programming all weekend with them and I'm really happy with the sounds too.

A couple of other facts, the KD drums were custom made to my specs. The 26" is a monster of a kick and must do the best acoustic 808 impression I've ever heard.

I also neglected to mention that they were recorded with a Prism ADA-8 converter.
Old 17th March 2014
SFB
Gear Addict

thanks for the drums. really thick and meaty

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search