The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Free Morcheeba Beat Treats
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailees7irish View Post
I still use these samples often. Great stuff!
Same, the track I'm working on as we speak uses a courtyard kick. So good!
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

Wow, what a find.

I need to check this forum more often..

Paul the line about leaving your soul/losing control by the sea, living free is indelibly printed in my brain after coming of age in Brighton through the 90's (very messily and with very little recollection!).

Thank you for some really amazing music.

Look forward to using these
Old 1st December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Same, the track I'm working on as we speak uses a courtyard kick. So good!
Not sure how you feel about sharing your music, but you should consider dropping a link to your track when you finish it.
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailees7irish View Post
Not sure how you feel about sharing your music, but you should consider dropping a link to your track when you finish it.
Yeah will do, working on an EP ATM, 2 tracks to do then will stick it online.
Old 5th December 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
I just wish I'd collected a database of the 5k+ people that downloaded my first free pack.
I was one of the 5k Paul!! . I think you've got my contact info. Count me in on the new stuff too. Sounds awesome. Can't wait to check em out. Cheers, Bill

PS - glad to see the Silver Bullet making the cut!!
Old 5th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
I was one of the 5k Paul!! . I think you've got my contact info. Count me in on the new stuff too. Sounds awesome. Can't wait to check em out. Cheers, Bill

PS - glad to see the Silver Bullet making the cut!!
Thanks Bill! Yes the Silver Bullet was crucial for drum fattening, I love what it does A>N on drum loops especially. It's so dry and punchy but fat and creamy too with a glossy crunch. Excellent ammunition in the arsenal!

I should have some breaks to post any day now....
Old 6th December 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Thanks Bill! Yes the Silver Bullet was crucial for drum fattening, I love what it does A>N on drum loops especially. It's so dry and punchy but fat and creamy too with a glossy crunch. Excellent ammunition in the arsenal!

I should have some breaks to post any day now....
Hahaaa!! Sweet. Glad it's making things better. I've always got one strapped across my drum buss too. Look forward to hearing the breaks. You playing drums too?
Old 6th December 2019
Quote:
Hahaaa!! Sweet. Glad it's making things better. I've always got one strapped across my drum buss too. Look forward to hearing the breaks. You playing drums too?
No I don't play the drums on these, I know a couple of great drummers here that played all the breaks. I concentrated on the drum sounds and the editing.
Old 7th December 2019
How do folks feel about bit rate? Do people care whether it's 16 or 24 bit? I personally don't as they sound great either way. I know 16 bit is better to load into samplers.
Old 7th December 2019
Lives for gear

Great question. IMHO 16 bit, due to that.
Chris
Old 7th December 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
How do folks feel about bit rate? Do people care whether it's 16 or 24 bit? I personally don't as they sound great either way. I know 16 bit is better to load into samplers.
Zero doubt - 24 bit. . If I want it 16, I can easily make it 16bit. I can't do the opposite.
Old 7th December 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Zero doubt - 24 bit. . If I want it 16, I can easily make it 16bit. I can't do the opposite. If I drop them into Kontakt (probably my default unless I just drop them straight into PT), they can be 24bit, and higher SR if wanted.
Old 7th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Zero doubt - 24 bit. . If I want it 16, I can easily make it 16bit. I can't do the opposite.
+1
Old 8th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Zero doubt - 24 bit. . If I want it 16, I can easily make it 16bit. I can't do the opposite. If I drop them into Kontakt (probably my default unless I just drop them straight into PT), they can be 24bit, and higher SR if wanted.
+2
Old 8th December 2019
Thanks for the replies Guys! I'll keep them 24 for sure.....
Old 9th December 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Thanks for the replies Guys! I'll keep them 24 for sure.....
Thanks for your music...loved it then love it now...and thanks for the hits and coming loops!!! Excitiiing!!!
Old 9th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yup!
Old 10th December 2019
So to celebrate my 5000th post here on Gearslutz I'll update you on the sample pack:

There is about 5gb of Breaks, over 1gb of funky fills and 1gb of dry and processed one shots.

I still haven't worked out a distribution method yet as Bandcamp only lets me upload 1 file at a time unless I go pro which is a waste of money considering the organisation of that site. I can't even find my own page in the search engine!

So I don't know whether to approach somebody established to sell the packs for me or whether there is a reasonable and well organised site that works.....I'd like to keep the cost down but cover my outgoings?

The good news is they sound so good and there should be something for everyone sonically as there are so many options.

I just need to write liner notes, make a demo and create some artwork for the first bundle......
Old 10th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
So to celebrate my 5000th post here on Gearslutz I'll update you on the sample pack:

There is about 5gb of Breaks, over 1gb of funky fills and 1gb of dry and processed one shots.

I still haven't worked out a distribution method yet as Bandcamp only lets me upload 1 file at a time unless I go pro which is a waste of money considering the organisation of that site. I can't even find my own page in the search engine!

So I don't know whether to approach somebody established to sell the packs for me or whether there is a reasonable and well organised site that works.....I'd like to keep the cost down but cover my outgoings?

The good news is they sound so good and there should be something for everyone sonically as there are so many options.

I just need to write liner notes, make a demo and create some artwork for the first bundle......
Whenever I see a post in this thread I can't help the excitement

eJunkie and Sellfy.com are good but cost per month.

https://shoptly.com/

Unlimited digital products and bandwidth, and only take 5%. Example shop:

https://shoptly.com/extendedrangebass

Any good?
Old 10th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Whenever I see a post in this thread I can't help the excitement

eJunkie and Sellfy.com are good but cost per month.

https://shoptly.com/

Unlimited digital products and bandwidth, and only take 5%. Example shop:

https://shoptly.com/extendedrangebass

Any good?
That's a great example b0se! I'll look into it..... I like how it integrates with social media too.
Better than getting tied into a monthly fee and much better than paying 50% to a broker.
Old 11th December 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:

7GB for the first pack or for all packs together...?

I'm a fool for drum breaks, so I'm excited either way. I want it all
Old 11th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwazi View Post
7GB for the first pack or for all packs together...?

I'm a fool for drum breaks, so I'm excited either way. I want it all
Yes the first pack alone is over 7GB! It's taken a little while to put together

It's predominantly aimed at people who are into classic breaks and beats - like yourself.
Old 12th December 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yes the first pack alone is over 7GB! It's taken a little while to put together

It's predominantly aimed at people who are into classic breaks and beats - like yourself.
Looking forward to grabbing up the whole Cheeba Collection.
Old 12th December 2019
Lives for gear

I'd consider these packs. Don't know if I'd need a full 7 GB, but...who knows?
Old 12th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
I'd consider these packs. Don't know if I'd need a full 7 GB, but...who knows?
Thanks for your consideration.

The whole point is that they have been processed many different ways so you can choose the ones you like. No one is forcing you to keep 7GB on your hard disk.
Personally I like the different colours and tones so I find them extremely valuable.

The pack is for crate diggers as the character contained within is totally authentic.
Old 12th December 2019
Due to the size and the amount contained I'm calling it "Paul Cheeba's Greedy Beats". It'll be uploaded very soon and I'll post details.....
Old 12th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Due to the size and the amount contained I'm calling it "Paul Cheeba's Greedy Beats". It'll be uploaded very soon and I'll post details.....
Can't wait - thanks!
Old 12th December 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Paul, have you considered these guys?: https://hiphopdrumsamples.com/

they do a lot of artist kits and the like. I have no idea what their business model is for someone in your position, but may be worth a look

Last edited by bigdig; 12th December 2019 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 19th December 2019
Here for the gear

Totally just found out about this pack.
Hopefully it will be uploaded again.
Old 19th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdig View Post
Paul, have you considered these guys?: https://hiphopdrumsamples.com/

they do a lot of artist kits and the like. I have no idea what their business model is for someone in your position, but may be worth a look
Yeah I'm not sure. They have some good stuff but I'd rather use a UK company or do it myself. I haven't seen a UK company that would fit yet.....

Early feedback from drum break collectors is amazing!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search