The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Free Morcheeba Beat Treats Dynamics Plugins
Old 9th December 2017
  #361
Thanks to everyone for the enthusiasm so far! This is so exciting and my favourite vocation.
Old 10th December 2017
  #362
Lives for gear
 
Joao B.'s Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Thank you! There is a thread called "Trip Hop from the Pros" where I discuss the production of the albums, technology and beats etc.
Thanks, I'll definitely look it up.

It's great to see that some of the pros are still hanging around and sharing valuable insight. I tend to share a lot of your opinions all across the board, and it's awesome that you're so willing to share with the rest of us.
Old 18th December 2017
  #363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao B. View Post
Thanks, I'll definitely look it up.

It's great to see that some of the pros are still hanging around and sharing valuable insight. I tend to share a lot of your opinions all across the board, and it's awesome that you're so willing to share with the rest of us.
Thank you. It's much appreciated to think people take notice as I have spend so many years working so hard to learn this valuable stuff.
Old 21st December 2017
  #364
Chandler REDD microphone

Little taste of some overheads with the kind of grooves you can expect in part 2..... There's more details further down that page.
Old 21st December 2017
  #365
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Chandler REDD microphone

Little taste of some overheads with the kind of grooves you can expect in part 2..... There's more details further down that page.
That sample has me salivating. I think I'm more excited about part 2 than I am about Christmas.

Old 23rd December 2017
  #366
Here for the gear
 

Thanks Paul G. I signed up to say thank you. Very much appreciated. Sounds great.
Old 24th December 2017
  #367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change View Post
Thanks Paul G. I signed up to say thank you. Very much appreciated. Sounds great.
Thanks for taking the time, I appreciate it. Stay tuned for the new Breaks and one shot sample library. It'll leave the rest in the dust(y crates).
Old 25th December 2017
  #368
Here for the gear
 

Brilliant
Love the tight reverb.
Old 1st January 2018
  #369
Lives for gear
 
Fanu's Avatar
These are great. Thank you. Do make part 2 a paid sequel, and we'd gladly pay.
Old 2nd January 2018
  #370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
These are great. Thank you. Do make part 2 a paid sequel, and we'd gladly pay.
That would be great, to get paid doing what I love. I was chopping up some gems yesterday and there is some serious heat.

What is the best modern delivery method for samples?
Old 2nd January 2018
  #371
Here's a big Bonham style break.
Attached Files

BONZO STYLE BREAK.wav (4.40 MB, 1861 views)

Old 2nd January 2018
  #372
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Here's a big Bonham style break.
Nasty! Can't wait for pack 2

I'd happily pay for it also. Pack 1 is still my go to set, and I've bought a fair amount of kits and software.

Check this out, not used it myself but it gets good reviews. Runs on Wordpress so it's simple to setup.

Easy Digital Downloads - Sell Digital Downloads With WordPress
Old 2nd January 2018
  #373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Here's a big Bonham style break.
Thanks Paul. I'm going to have fun jamming with my lapsteel later.
Much appreciate the sounds: the dubshots are sublime (nice release envelope into the 'verb) as are the cymbal textures (definition of the physical object as well as the sound emitted). The natural reverb really makes the samples stand out; and the signal chain (of course).
I'm inspired to return to the beach with my 702 recorder and some hand drums; find a nice cave.
All the best for 2018 and thanks for all the wonderful music
Old 2nd January 2018
  #374
Lives for gear
 

Speaking of hand drums Id love some good conga samples.

And i’d gladly pay for a kit if its anything like the first. Definately paid for much worse!
Old 2nd January 2018
  #375
SEED78
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Here's a big Bonham style break.
Christ!!!

Just to think how much we used to pay for wax with that kind of break on back in the day makes me cry.
Old 2nd January 2018
  #376
SEED78
Guest
In turns of requests, I'm not sure the best technical terms to use - but I always find myself short of those kicks with a lot of characteristic swing to them, like your typical Premo kick. I've got a few records I sample for that sound, but not loads.
Old 2nd January 2018
  #377
Thanks so much again for your enthusiasm and offers of generosity. Although this is a labour of love for me it would be wonderful to get paid even a small amount to go towards the huge amount of time I spend crafting these beats.

Maybe I could do a service whereby each person that pays gets some unique hits or loops somehow....

The last collection is still getting downloaded about 20 times a day after about 6000 downloads. I'm very proud.
Old 2nd January 2018
  #378
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEED78 View Post
In turns of requests, I'm not sure the best technical terms to use - but I always find myself short of those kicks with a lot of characteristic swing to them, like your typical Premo kick. I've got a few records I sample for that sound, but not loads.
Would you mind sending me an example Seed?

In fact if people want to post their favourite breaks up here or one shots they love that would be very inspiring and helpful.
Old 2nd January 2018
  #379
SEED78
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Would you mind sending me an example Seed?

In fact if people want to post their favourite breaks up here or one shots they love that would be very inspiring and helpful.
I'll have a think and send some examples over.
Old 2nd January 2018
  #380
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Thanks so much again for your enthusiasm and offers of generosity. Although this is a labour of love for me it would be wonderful to get paid even a small amount to go towards the huge amount of time I spend crafting these beats.

Maybe I could do a service whereby each person that pays gets some unique hits or loops somehow....

The last collection is still getting downloaded about 20 times a day after about 6000 downloads. I'm very proud.
Nice! Even if you priced it low—say £10—you'd be laughing; a big bulk of those who have downloaded pack 1 for free will come back for 2 at that price.

I'm not sure if you promoted pack 1 at all, but sending pack 2 to some review sites would do you no harm either, and perhaps pinging it over to some relevant YT reviewers. A custom (short and sweet) website front end would help GAS and make it more accessible to the masses. Loads of nice templates for such things - I'd help you set it up if it's not something you have experience with, used to work in that industry.

I don't think 5K sales is a stretch considering your pack 1 download history. £50K? Boom. You can then buy loads of new gear and sell us some of your 'scraps' (VSC-2 and RMJ2 please!)

Last edited by b0se; 2nd January 2018 at 01:34 PM..
Old 2nd January 2018
  #381
Here for the gear
 

Killer loop !
Bandcamp is also great for selling sample packs.
Old 2nd January 2018
  #382
Lives for gear
 
Fanu's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Here's a big Bonham style break.
SWEET LORD!
You don't even know how happy you'll make a hip hop producer.
If you have a Paypal account, I'll gladly send a few bucks just for this.
Old 8th February 2018
  #383
Here for the gear
 
DhandyRule's Avatar
 

I just downloaded the free pack on the first page. I was looking for some raw sounding acoustic drums one shot hits. Thanks so much.
Old 12th February 2018
  #384
Gear Maniac
 
stylesforfree's Avatar
 

Thank you Paul, much appreciated, the one shots are top dollar.
Old 13th February 2018
  #385
Watch this space I'll be announcing super fresh loop packages soon. I've been dotting them around, like on the ZULU thread.

I'll probably use sellfy or such.
Attached Files

ZULU BREAK 2.wav (1.81 MB, 882 views)

Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump