The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Free Morcheeba Beat Treats Dynamics Plugins
Old 31st December 2014
SEED78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Thanks Guys! I hope you are making time for beats at this distracting time of year

Regarding the TC Phoenix, I haven't really used it for mono tracking as I tend to keep stereo comps for stereo duties and mono ones for mono etc.
I love the Phoenix, it is one of my favourite comps and gets regular use on the 2 buss and also for mastering.
Many thanks, trying to decide on 2 bus and tracking comps at the mo.
Old 31st December 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEED78 View Post
Many thanks, trying to decide on 2 bus and tracking comps at the mo.
Yeah it's tricky with all the choice out there. I'd be happy with just a TC Phoenix and a good 1176. Although most of my gear is in temporary storage at the moment and I have only been using the Cranesong STC-8, which works great in all situations.
Good luck with your decision...
Old 31st December 2014
SEED78
Quote:
Yeah it's tricky with all the choice out there. I'd be happy with just a TC Phoenix and a good 1176. Although most of my gear is in temporary storage at the moment and I have only been using the Cranesong STC-8, which works great in all situations.
Good luck with your decision...
Certainly is a lot of choice! Am going to jump on whatever I find at right price. Its between ubk tweaker/slate dragon/distressor/Dave hill titan for tracking, and Serpent, dramatic, foote ps3, phoenix, fearn vt7 for 2 bus. Want to fit a culture vulture in that chain somewhere too! Am already sorted for preamps with stereo 1073 and Redd47 clones.
Old 31st December 2014
Lives for gear

Threw this drum and bass - IDM feeling thing together after getting Paul's incredible samples...also some Aphex Twin samples there. Did about 3 tunes with these sounds. Just excellent.

Just a home/hobbyist type of guy so sorry if it sucks!!!

https://soundcloud.com/androiddreams...s-can-you-make
Old 9th January 2015
Lives for gear

Paul, these are terrific! Thank you!

I picked up a copy of Charango in exchange. ;-)

Cheers!
Old 11th March 2015
Gear Head

Would love to get the snare samples, the download link isn't working. Any chance??
Old 12th March 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySteckel View Post
Would love to get the snare samples, the download link isn't working. Any chance??
The full pack on the first page has everything. Cheers!
Old 12th March 2015
Lives for gear

Cheers.....
Old 17th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
The full pack on the first page has everything. Cheers!
I get "access has expired". I would like to check these out as well.
Old 21st March 2015
Lives for gear

I think all of you who don't already own all of Morcheeba's truly excellent catalogue of work, please go out and purchase an album or 3 to thank Paul for his truly generous gift to our community.

And once more Paul. Thanks so very much for your music.

Morcheeba, Massive Attack, Dubstar, Fsol, ORBITAL and many others . The sound of my uni days. Best time of my life.
Old 22nd March 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
I think all of you who don't already own all of Morcheeba's truly excellent catalogue of work, please go out and purchase an album or 3 to thank Paul for his truly generous gift to our community.

And once more Paul. Thanks so very much for your music.

Morcheeba, Massive Attack, Dubstar, Fsol, ORBITAL and many others . The sound of my uni days. Best time of my life.
That's very kind thanks! It was a great time for interesting UK music.
Old 23rd March 2015
Im in love with these drum samples!!!
Old 25th March 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
That's very kind thanks! It was a great time for interesting UK music.
It was indeed!
Thanks for the samples; will be playing with these later this week.
Old 20th July 2015
Gear Maniac
Off Topic:

I just wanted to say thanks for the music, i always enjoy listening to your stuff and on top of good songs its also mixed and mastered very good.
Old 22nd July 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
Off Topic:

I just wanted to say thanks for the music, i always enjoy listening to your stuff and on top of good songs its also mixed and mastered very good.
Thanks! Always been passionate about the sound so it's good to know it's appreciated.
Old 22nd July 2015
Lives for gear

Thank you for these. They sound fantastic from what I've heard so far (still making keymaps/truncating)!

On a side note, listened to Big Calm again, that sure does take me back to a wonderful time! Thanks again.
Old 22nd July 2015
Cheers!

Here's a 16 bit version link for the MPC: https://www.hightail.com/download/bX...YStWRC9yZHNUQw
Old 12th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Usually, with a sample pack of 50 to 100 snares, you're doing pretty well if you find a couple that grab you (which, while a tragic waste of money, at least has the benefits of paring down one's list of 'favourites').

I've randomly gone through ONE folder of ONE snare and every hit has been utterly fantastic - instantly useable, and the 'soft' hit perfection ... wow.

Of course, maybe the remaining folders are complete **** ... but it doesn't seem likely.

Compared to all the over-hyped (in both the marketing and audio sense) sample packs out there, this is an incredible breath of fresh air!

Nice one.
Old 12th August 2015
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Cheers!

Here's a 16 bit version link for the MPC: https://www.hightail.com/download/bX...YStWRC9yZHNUQw
Very cool, thanks!
Old 16th August 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenlt View Post
Usually, with a sample pack of 50 to 100 snares, you're doing pretty well if you find a couple that grab you (which, while a tragic waste of money, at least has the benefits of paring down one's list of 'favourites').

I've randomly gone through ONE folder of ONE snare and every hit has been utterly fantastic - instantly useable, and the 'soft' hit perfection ... wow.

Of course, maybe the remaining folders are complete **** ... but it doesn't seem likely.

Compared to all the over-hyped (in both the marketing and audio sense) sample packs out there, this is an incredible breath of fresh air!

Nice one.
Thanks Owen! Hope you got on okay with the rest.

It was for the reasons you mentioned that I did them in the first place.

Gonna do some new ones in our new studio when it's finished....

Cheers Paul
Old 17th August 2015
Find myself going back to these time and time again for 90s style hip hop beats. Love them. Thank you very much, Paul - it's hugely appreciated.

Would love to hear more in the future.
Old 17th August 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadfish View Post
Find myself going back to these time and time again for 90s style hip hop beats. Love them. Thank you very much, Paul - it's hugely appreciated.

Would love to hear more in the future.
No worries Toady!
Old 21st August 2015
Lives for gear

Hey Paul. Wagwan.

Loving these samples. Go great with some old Aphex Twin samples I have. Mix in some James Bond and Maggie Thatcher and we have a drum and base hot mess.
Used them on this:
Listen to Drum And Bass demo-trial 2015 by androiddreams #np on #SoundCloud
http://soundcloud.com/androiddreams/...emo-trial-2015

Are you working on anything new? Tell us about your new studio.

All the best. Peace.
Old 20th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks Owen! Hope you got on okay with the rest.

It was for the reasons you mentioned that I did them in the first place.

Gonna do some new ones in our new studio when it's finished....

Cheers Paul
Indeed I did.

Right now - and if you/anyone else has yet to try this, you totally should - I'm really enjoying using the Stoneyard Snares effectively as the 'direct' snare channel and using BFD3's overheads for stereo ambience.

Currently paired your Ayotte snare with theirs, which is a bit literal of me, but in general, the punch of your mono snares (with their own ambient tails) plus the multi-sampled stereo mics of BFD3 is feeling like a winning combo - and I don't think it's entirely my fault that I can't get the BFD top/bottom direct mics to produce anything like the punch or character of the recordings in your pack!
Old 22nd September 2015
Lives for gear

Overdope drums, Thanks!
Old 27th September 2015
Nice One Guys! Glad they're still being enjoyed....
Old 29th September 2015
Hey Paul, thanks for reupping the links! Much appreciated.

Not been around GS for a while, so a nice returning treat. Also seems your location has changed since the last time I was on, I'm actually based in Hastings.

Quote:
Yeah the vinyl can be quite rare. Enjoy and thanks again!
Discogs seems to have them all, but some are a little pricey.

Last edited by symmetricalSound; 29th September 2015 at 02:55 PM..
Old 29th September 2015
Lives for gear

Really loving this kit, I've made a Logic template with the PaulCheeba EXS kit ready to go!

Paul, are you planning to do more of these in the future, or add to this existing one, like a 'part II'?
Perhaps some toms/floor toms, rides and crashes to complement it all?
Apologies if it's already been addresses, admittedly haven't looked back through the 10 pages to find out.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search