The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who bought a Maschine Studio or upgraded to Maschine 2.0... how do you like it?
Old 3rd November 2013
Lives for gear

Who bought a Maschine Studio or upgraded to Maschine 2.0... how do you like it?

Did any of you Maschine owners upgrade to 2.0?

Old 3rd November 2013
I bought the Maschine Studio on the first day. The Hardware & Software is amazing. Great workflow and a lot of helpful improvements.

BUT i still have some troubles to run everything perfectly. I still didnt managed to install the Maschine 2 Factory Library off the DVD…The installation always shows an error…

Plus on my current Setup in PT10 with a FastTrack C400 on Mac OS X 10.8.5. Maschine crashes a lot while browsing through sounds. I am now on PT11 and it seems to run better there. But time will tell.

So, if everything works its a great tool but it seems that there are still a few bugs here and there depending on the system you have.
Attached Thumbnails
Who bought a Maschine Studio or upgraded to Maschine 2.0... how do you like it?-img_1364.jpg  
Old 4th November 2013
Lives for gear

I got the software day one and I am happy I did. I was already happy with my MK 2 and saw no real reason to upgrade the software integrates pretty well too. I wish I could mix with the macros but besides that its a solid update. There are a couple of automation bugs I noticed also but those will be fixed soon.
Old 4th November 2013
Here for the gear

What's up everybody?

I have the first gen Maschine, but have been looking at upgrading to the 2.0 software. I was wondering if it would be best to just stick with 1.8, or if the upgrade is worth it considering 2.0 seems better integrated with the Maschine Studio. Thanks.
Old 6th November 2013
Lives for gear

I am wondering the same ! ^^
Old 6th November 2013
Gear Addict

i am planning on waiting until I have an extra hundo I need to get rid of asap, or NI just gives me a Studio. Nothing much in the update that seems worth the cost for me. Its a lot of DAW upgrades which would go unused for me when using it as plugin.
Old 6th November 2013
Gear Maniac

The upgrade is worth it. It installs separately from 1.8 so you can use both if you want. The drum Synth, mixer, sidechaining and the visual upgrade are worth it alone. I don't think the studio is worth $999 without an interface built in.
Old 6th November 2013
Here for the gear

That's great to hear! I'll be picking up the upgrade soon then. Thanks!
Old 7th November 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawtunez View Post
The upgrade is worth it. It installs separately from 1.8 so you can use both if you want. The drum Synth, mixer, sidechaining and the visual upgrade are worth it alone. I don't think the studio is worth $999 without an interface built in.
That's exactly what I was curious about. Also is the 2.0 software more CPU intensive? I'm torn between buying the software upgrade or waiting till the MK2 hardware probably goes on sale during the holiday season.
Old 7th November 2013
I have Maschine 2 running on Pro Tools 11 now. My Library DVD was defext so I couldnt install the library first and had to download the 5GB...Also I had some stability problems on PT10. But now on PT11 everythign seems to be smooth!

Maschine 2 Software is really great, the whole package makes sense. I like the featured Instruments (Massive, Reaktor, Spark) and Effects (Maschine FX, Solid Bus Comp). The library is great. There are some really cool Kits and especially well organised Samples and Loops.

The Maschine Studio Hardware is amazing, it really improves the workflow. Before Maschine 2 I used the Maschine Mikro which is also a very solid product! But on the Maschine Studio you can really concentrate on your sounds and patterns without switching between Hard & Software.

On the other hand, you can really make the same with the Maschine MK2 or Mikro, its just the handling of the hardware that makes the difference. So you have to be sure if its worth the 500€ you have to pay more for the Studio just to have a better workflow at your hands...I am happy to own the Studio but I was also pretty happy with the Mikro. Time will tell if it was a good choice to invest so much money in the bigger hardware.

What NI missed on the Studio is an analog Input as a Sampling Source imo. This could have been the absolute WOW-Feature that justies the 1 grand!

my 0.02€
Old 7th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal1 View Post
What NI missed on the Studio is an analog Input as a Sampling Source imo. This could have been the absolute WOW-Feature that justies the 1 grand!

my 0.02€
Yeah,at least something to give it its own sound/taste.What its missing imo.Back inna day thats what it was all about......(this facepalm and thumbs down to me in advance plus -5)
Old 7th November 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch Villa View Post
What's up everybody?

I have the first gen Maschine, but have been looking at upgrading to the 2.0 software. I was wondering if it would be best to just stick with 1.8, or if the upgrade is worth it considering 2.0 seems better integrated with the Maschine Studio. Thanks.

I'm using mk1 with 2.0 and getting used to the new workflow. Tho it is all pretty intuitive and has made me learn some stuff that was always doable in the 1.x versions. The LCD readouts on the whole have changed, in many cases for the better.

For the guy wondering about CPU, it may be more intensive but the multicore support negates that. As long as you have a CPU with more than one core. I'm yet to properly stress test it yet.
Old 7th November 2013
Lives for gear

Mine is on the way from Sweetwater to Australia.

Got rid of MK 1.

Apparently the Studio will not be available here for a few more weeks so I guess I'm feeling lucky.

Should be here Monday so I'll be making a centrepiece space in my studio next to my Nord Drums 1&2.

Looking forward to midi up a few other pieces.

Cheers
Old 7th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
Yeah,at least something to give it its own sound/taste.What its missing imo.Back inna day thats what it was all about......(this facepalm and thumbs down to me in advance plus -5)
Create your own sound.
Old 7th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Karloff View Post
Create your own sound.
with some plugins?
Old 7th November 2013
Gear Addict

have they made it easier to use as a plug in...

it was a bitch getting 1.8 set up in logic
Old 7th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
with some plugins?
What ever as long as it is your sound
Old 8th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawtunez View Post
+1 not to mention that the software runs so much better than 1.8. Just so much smoother. Some plug ins that would give me problems in Ableton after having a lot of them open run like a breeze in 2.0 I sold my copy of Ableton after getting 2.0 for me its enough for me to get my music done.
Old 8th November 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolafish View Post
have they made it easier to use as a plug in...

it was a bitch getting 1.8 set up in logic
anybody?
Old 8th November 2013
Lives for gear

Are those new NI plugins (Bus compressor) included with the purchase of just the software update or do you need to buy the Studio?
Old 9th November 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchGeist View Post
Are those new NI plugins (Bus compressor) included with the purchase of just the software update or do you need to buy the Studio?
The 4 plugs are the full version and part of the update. The studio is not needed to use or activate them.
Old 9th November 2013
Love it. All around dope.
Old 10th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest View Post
+1 not to mention that the software runs so much better than 1.8. Just so much smoother. Some plug ins that would give me problems in Ableton after having a lot of them open run like a breeze in 2.0 I sold my copy of Ableton after getting 2.0 for me its enough for me to get my music done.
Wow. That's a lot coming from KevWest an Live & Reason user. Maybe I need to join the Machine movement.

I was waiting to see if it would last initially, then I wanted to see Akais response. Looks like Machine is here to stay a while.

Sent
Old 10th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drethe5th View Post
Wow. That's a lot coming from KevWest an Live & Reason user. Maybe I need to join the Machine movement.

I was waiting to see if it would last initially, then I wanted to see Akais response. Looks like Machine is here to stay a while.

Sent
I rarely use Reason anymore also. For me its all Maschine, komplete 9, and T-racks. I have other stuff too but I mostly only use this stuff.
Old 11th November 2013
Lives for gear
Buying Maschine Studio on 12/15... unless they do a sale before then.

Can't flippin wait
Old 11th November 2013
Gear Nut

those Maschine Studio do look sweet... thinking about getting one myself... not sure yet... but they do look sweet!!!
Old 12th November 2013
Lives for gear

Mine arrived tuesday/today.

Easy to install. Sounds mean and lean on my Mac.

Quite easy to do most tasks without a mouse.

Need to get my head around the new plug in scan tomorrow.

Beautiful piece of Maschinery.

I see NI getting total market share in years to come.

Cheers
Old 13th November 2013
Gear Nut

Book Marking Thread...
Old 13th November 2013
I wanna get up on 2.0 but I'll probably end up getting the studio so I don't feel like wasting money on the upgrade, it's only a $99, but I need to break the habit of paying for things twice
Old 13th November 2013
Lives for gear
I was reading some interesting 2.0 complaint threads on the NI forums today. One was actually a list someone made of things either missing or moved from 2.0 vs 1.8.

Apparently since Maschine 2.0 is a complete re-write, some of the workflow was changed a little bit and certain things don't match up with the older controllers. One guy even accused NI of basically designing 2.0 around the Studio without regard for how things worked on the older controllers.

Mind you it's only a handful of people complaining but someone actually said that you can control more with a Mikro and 1.8 than you can with a older full Maschine and 2.0.

The biggest thing I read was that currently you can't fully control the new mixer on the regular Maschine controller (where the mixer channels are 1:1 with the knobs) just the Studio.

Can someone verify this? It sounds like a deal breaker for me.
📝 Reply