The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who bought a Maschine Studio or upgraded to Maschine 2.0... how do you like it?
Old 30th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spylus View Post
I'm on a Mac Pro. iLok and MOTU Midi Timepiece use 2 ports in back so the third one I put a hub on for everything else. The front ports I usually reserve for external drives and the like. I think the front ports on the 2009 are also "hi-speed" and not the back ones but I'm not too sure about that. Also not sure if using the "hi-speed" ports had anything to do with Maschine hardware working correctly or if it was just a matter of going direct.

If yer on a Macbook, I'd have Maschine go direct but I bet you could put yer Akai and the flash drive on a hub. Try it, a good 4-port USB hub is like what $30 these days if that?
Thanks for the response. I see some on eBay for like $5 for a 4 to 6 ports. Is therea downside with going cheap on these?
Old 31st December 2013
Lives for gear

Oh mannnn.. I want one of these.. I just got a brand new MAC and I'm sure it will compliment each other..

LOGIC, Maschine Studio and VENOM as my controller.. Ooooooh... It's soooo now..
Old 5th January 2014
Gear Addict

I just got mine in yesterday. I like it, it is stable, it hasn't crashed yet. And I haven't received any "Pro Tools can't get the audio from the hard drive fast enough"-like error messages. My only complaint is that they didn't make a RTAS version of the software. I can export my sounds as separate tracks anyways into my DAW, so the other way was using it as a plugin in Pro Tools and "recording the audio playing live" (I've seen the Youtube tutorials on how to do this before I bought it) like I do with my Virus KB anyways. I was going to update to PT 11 hopefully soon anyways (like this year lol) even though I might use PT10 for awhile until more of my plugins are AAX-64 ready; but at least Maschine is already 32 and 64 AAX ready.
Old 5th January 2014
Lives for gear
I've been using Maschine Studio with Studio One now for a few weeks..

It's wonderful lol. Got my S1 template setup how I want it... even have a secondary midi controller routed to only trigger Maschine sounds, to allow my main controller to control the VSTi stuff in S1. I really enjoy programming rhythms in S1, and the sequencers aren't perfect like Rewire is but... it's about as good as you can get considering how Maschine is pattern based. They work very work together, especially when they have the same loop lengths. But.. I love how I can switch to a different pattern on the fly but the S1 playback doesn't get screwed up. Just takes a quick "start from loop" in S1 to get them back in sync.

Love it. I totally needed this. Linear DAW production was starting to get seriously boring.
Old 26th August 2015
Here for the gear

Sorry to rehash an old thread but I was just wondering if anyone could weigh in on something for me.
So I just picked up a maschine mk1 on the cheap that comes with 1.8 software/komplete 9 and am wondering if I should upgrade to the 2.3 for $100?
Having never used a maschine I will have to completely learn how to use the software and hardware. So would it make sense for me to just start on 2.3?
Is there another learning curve upgrading from 1.8 to 2.0?
Old 27th August 2015
@ jkan
Actually it would be very appreciated if MORE people brought up and rehashed threads. There's no reason for 17 threads asking the same question, when you can just add your question to it and get updated answers.

As for a learning curve, go ahead with the more updated version. It's not that different and you will be learning it fresh, as opposed to re-learning. When you relearn, it's a bit more difficult because your liked in to certain theories of workflow, so starting fresh is actually better in many cases.

Good Luck
Old 27th August 2015
Lives for gear

So I have the very first original Maschine MK1 controller and 1.8 software.
I'm on Mac OSX 10.8.5 and PT10.
Can I just upgrade the software to 2.3 and it still be compatible with my OSX and Protools?
Old 6th September 2015
Deleted 86c3d96
I have Maschine Studio. Currently it is getting less use than a paperweight. So, I bought an Akai MPC Renaissnance. It too is getting less use than a paperweight. Finally, I bought Ableton Push w/ Ableton Live Suite. I am hoping it is the one.
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 86c3d96 View Post
I have Maschine Studio. Currently it is getting less use than a paperweight. So, I bought an Akai MPC Renaissnance. It too is getting less use than a paperweight. Finally, I bought Ableton Push w/ Ableton Live Suite. I am hoping it is the one.
Out of curiosity... What's missing from the Maschine and the Ren that keeps you from using them? And what are you thinking push will do different?

I have maschine studio. And I've been enjoying it. It fill some gaps that my mpc and fantom didn't fully serve that make finishing projects easier. But I have been learning that to get the most out of sequencing it works best to use it in another daw(which I don't love). And for that reason I need a more powerful laptop to really work how I want with it.
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear

To get the most out of Maschine it is best to just drag n drop audio out of it or render stems, the sequencer is a tad annoying to use at best, but it wont ever get updated, so thats the best workflow to get used to.
Old 8th September 2015
Deleted 86c3d96
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalBlack View Post
Out of curiosity... What's missing from the Maschine and the Ren that keeps you from using them? And what are you thinking push will do different?

I have maschine studio. And I've been enjoying it. It fill some gaps that my mpc and fantom didn't fully serve that make finishing projects easier. But I have been learning that to get the most out of sequencing it works best to use it in another daw(which I don't love). And for that reason I need a more powerful laptop to really work how I want with it.
I honestly do not know. Sometimes in life you have disposable income above and beyond your entire financial needs and planning. So, really, there is no reason other than curiousity.
Old 15th September 2020
Gear Maniac
The Pots of Maschine are garbage if you use them often (sample editing ...). After a short while each pot has a different resistance, then there will be parameter jumps until it gets totally useless.
Old 15th September 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by daslicht View Post
The Pots of Maschine are garbage if you use them often (sample editing ...). After a short while each pot has a different resistance, then there will be parameter jumps until it gets totally useless.
Pots reistance is uneven even when new out of the box , my komplete control also does it ..that said , no volume jump
Old 15th September 2020
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Pots reistance is uneven even when new out of the box , my komplete control also does it ..that said , no volume jump
I had 2 Maschine Studio, the first was a white, and all its pots were loose and had a different resistance, I returned it. After that I bought a black Studio, all its pots were tight, and had the same resistance. I think teh first was a refurbished or retoure, even tho the seller sold it as new.

Later as they gone wild like this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8kg...ature=youtu.be
Old 15th September 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by daslicht View Post
I had 2 Maschine Studio, the first was a white, and all its pots were loose and had a different resistance, I returned it. After that I bought a black Studio, all its pots were tight, and had the same resistance. I think teh first was a refurbished or retoure, even tho the seller sold it as new.

Later as they gone wild like this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8kg...ature=youtu.be
I feel you it s common nowdayz , built quality goes down , akai is better hw but poorer software ... i have 3 maschines and a komplete kontrol and all exibit this behavior more or less ... the mki had he usb issue when it disconnects , the mkii my screen was exibiting some issues , studio is solid ...komplete kontrol 25 has great knobs but buttons are not registring super tighly (oct up and down ) you have to press in the center (they change buttons for tighter ones on he new komplete kontrols) .... it s not only NI , i have a lot of other deviçes and you can find stuff on everything ....sad but nowdayz pooor standard , even military specs laptop have some sometime lol ...
📝 Reply