The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
someone needs to make a "Rap/Hip-Hop production and engineering bundle"
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

Eh, I don't understand why everyone has to try and tear the guy down. It's a bit of a silly question but if you never ask you will never learn...

The most important thing the OP can take away from this thread is that there are no tools specific to any single genre.
Old 16th October 2013

This could actually be a fantastic thread, but people can't see it because they're too quick to respond negatively.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Oh. My. God.

Dre Comp. How has that not be done before. And DreQ.

With the influx of all these young producers due to lower costs and availablity of digital recording and sound production how has this market not been tapped yet?

Sent from my LG-E617G
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
This could actually be a fantastic thread, but people can't see it because they're too quick to respond negatively.
The problem is it would take a third party like yourself to bring the companies together. I gues I could have worded my thoughts better last time. What I was getting at is If you bundle all of the "choice nugs" together it makes it a more attractive potentially expensive bundle. Quite possibly a theft magnet
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Maniac

I can give you a bundle but its a music production bundle not rap, trap, hip hop etc.

Sent from my SGH-T989
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

It would all have to be one-knob plugins though.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJZ View Post
there are certain plug-ins that are common in the hip hop world like SSls, CLA-76, LA-610, 1073, RVOX, ECHOBOY, etc...
That is just not true, those plugins are common in ANY genre and especially SSL's 1176 1073s etc. have been common in the ENGINEERING world for decades! This is not genre related at ALL
Old 16th October 2013
No. Please no.

There's a terrible track record with almost any bundle but especially hiphop.

Its overused the minute its released, improperly used and often not well put together in the first place.

There's plenty of "common" tools in hiphop but a dedicated package would further the "Mr. Me Too" sound we're seeing now.

Common Tools:
757 Avalon, Motif, Waves Everything, Reason stock, FL stock, T-Racks, etc...

Good thing is without a bundle you pick your own "sound" & create differently than others. Even if using 75% of what everyone else uses. The bundle makes it 100% non-authentic carbom copy.

Like Tpain/Autotune Effect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

a hammers still a hammer no matter who uses it.
but that craftsman well marketed and marked up hammer that you press a button and it does all the nailing so long as you hold it is a hot sell. anyone selling stand alone arms yet? heh
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

I'll go in a different direction.

Plugins that consistently get used by people (if you're reading this then that probably includes you) who work on rap music:

Waves Renaissance bundle (rcomp,rvox,req,rdesser,rchannel,rverb,rbass) you can do a great mix with just these and your stock plugs.

(Your favorite brand) SSL bundle: Nice compliment to the above bundle. (Eq, channel, bus comp)

(Your favorite brand) 1176, La2a: every studio should have these.

(Your favorite brand) DBX 160 style comp.

Soundtoys Echoboy: this and your stock delays are prob all you need.

Soundtoys Decapitator: Great saturator for vocals, drums, etc form subtle to extreme.

Others:
Waves: API 2500, 550 eq, Vocal Rider, L1, L2, Doubler, Super Tap, MetaFlanger, S1.

ToneBooster TimeMachine (free) or any lo-fi style plugin

Plus I think everyone needs one EQ they're familiar with that is super flexible. My personal favorite right now is DMG Equilibrium.

I do agree that gear isn't genre specific but you definitely see some plugs that keep popping up. Anyways this is a good starting point.. And just because I put the SSL in the "Rap bundle" doesn't mean it can't ALSO be included in a different genres bundle.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

The all music bundle lol
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

The All-Bundle Bundle
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Dutches View Post
The All-Bundle Bundle
Yeah that sounds better, more catchy.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

le bundle
Old 17th October 2013
Hip hop ain't about no bundles.
Old 17th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimmy View Post
Usually it's manufacturers and marketing people looking for ways to exploit fools. Now there's consumers ASKING to be taken advantage of. Not sure if it makes it worse that the OP appears to be a "hip hop" fan. Sorry if this is a rude post, but it has to be said.
i was just thinking from a business perspective - i dont fux wit corporations doe
Old 17th October 2013
but hey if u make that bundle - i hope u throw me some Ps!!!

ps. for the record i actually understood that engineering tools are not genre specific long before this thread...
Old 17th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
thanks Tony
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJZ View Post
but hey if u make that bundle - i hope u throw me some Ps!!!

ps. for the record i actually understood that engineering tools are not genre specific long before this thread...
Well that renders your thread useless doesn't it
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL GREEN View Post
Hip Hop is saturated nowadays. Lets just call it Rap.
So you're saying that some sort of saturation plugin should be included in this bundle, yes?
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Seriously, when I started out, for years I was chasing that drum sample pack or special plugin that would take my production to new heights. In the end only experience did. I do see where the OP id coming from but this is a useless idea, as has been said.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa-Dubs View Post
le bundle
Old 18th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnewhere View Post
thats what your DAW is
Exactly!
Topic:
Search this Thread