The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Keeping your ego in check
Old 14th October 2013
Gear Nut

Keeping your ego in check

I love producing hip-hop but I really don't like all the egocentricity within the genre. I feel like most producers are down to earth but it seems like most rappers I've worked with have been egomaniacal assholes. When you make good music I think it's really easy to slip into narcissistic thought patterns and I'm personally trying to make sure I never veer into that mode of thinking. My question is how do you guys feel about the ego in music, and how do you keep yours in check?
Old 14th October 2013
Lives for gear

Gearslutz hmmm
Old 14th October 2013
TMA
Gear Nut

You need room treatment. Ego traps in the corners and remove all mirros.
Old 14th October 2013
Lives for gear

I found that high-passing everything under 100hz filters out a lot of ego. If it's not enough, low-pass also everything over 100hz.
Old 14th October 2013
Egos and assholes go hand and hand with hip hop. Been that way for eons. In one respect if you don't think your the best you won't get far. Take a look at this whole Kendrick Lamar rift. Everyone's upset cause he called rappers out. The music today is about jewelry, money and bitches that many rappers have forgotten that what he did is hip hop. I have a home studio and I rarely let anyone in it which is partly to blame for my not getting music to the masses with regards to working with people. I hate the politics and the bull****. I just wanna make music, sorta like what you want. Sad
Old 14th October 2013
I spend all the money I got, till I'm borderline homeless.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search