The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
room noise samples?
Old 14th October 2013
Gear Maniac

room noise samples?

im looking mainly for different types of studio noise/ambience samples like a mic left open in a room that i can add to my software instruments. different hiss and background noise samples are welcome too
Old 14th October 2013
Lives for gear

Freesound.org

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
Old 14th October 2013
Lives for gear
Honestly, if I did that in my overdub booth, all you would end up with is the hiss from the mic circuit and preamp circuit. The room is dead silent. I would imagine that ANY pro studio would be like that if build decently. Even my air circulator is silent... unless you stick the mic in front of it - then you might get a little wind noise on the grill. My control room is silent other than the wind from the air vent which is actually audible. The machine room is the only place you will get some noise.... computer fan....exciting.

what might work better, anI have done this to help fake things, is throw up a mic and breath and move around like you are playing the instrument in question. Put the mic in a realistic place like you would if the instrument were really there. I think that's probably more of what you are trying to get.
Old 14th October 2013
Lives for gear
If you want to "place" your instruments "into" a faked environment you should use a Reverb Plug In based on Impulseresponses. There are many free Impulses floatin around in the net. A good free Convulution Reverb PlugIn (windows) IMO is SIR from knufinke.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

if you have a cassette player or walkman you can connect those to your interface and record that. hitting play on a blank tape or a tape playing recorded room will give you ambient sounds. I use to do this untill my little boom box broke. it was better sounding to me then the tape hiss plugins ive demoed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search