The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Should I upgrade to Logic X?
Old 12th October 2013
Gear Head

Should I upgrade to Logic X?

Title pretty much says it all. I've been running Logic Pro 9 for a long time and I'm trying to see if there are any great reasons to upgrade. Has your workflow improved since making the jump up?
Old 12th October 2013
Gear Addict

Keep Logic 9 but update also.
Old 12th October 2013
Here for the gear

I upgraded to X and immediately regretted it but I had already deleted my logic 9 and paid for X so I forced myself to learn the new one and really love it now! The work flow is weird to get used to but in the end its worth the time! Also I don't get half the problems I used to with 9. Things like the new drum thing and that are nice gimmicks but I did overall find it a massive improvement! Its also weird to see the screen basically tipped upside down but you get used to everything at the top eventually.
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

I skipped 9 but I can say Logic X is awesome. My favorite features are the MIDI plugins (especially for external gear) and the ipad app is super useful.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search