The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Jay-Z "Dead Presidents 3".
Old 10th July 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDIMobster ➡️
Pretty sure they were going for the "dated" sound. and I don't see how no chorus would be a bad thing, it's not exactly the first time a rap song has had no chorus.
Pretfy sure hou are just speculating. I dont think anyone but you is willing to try to make the lack of chorus in rhis song acceptable. If I too was to speculate, I'd say it was a placeholder for DJ cuts similar to the og song.

This song sounds old in part becaise it is old. When I in the mood to listen to old music I will put it in rotation.
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrides ➡️
Pretfy sure hou are just speculating. I dont think anyone but you is willing to try to make the lack of chorus in rhis song acceptable. If I too was to speculate, I'd say it was a placeholder for DJ cuts similar to the og song.

This song sounds old in part becaise it is old. When I in the mood to listen to old music I will put it in rotation.
I dont think anyone but you really gives a damn if it has a chorus.
Old 10th July 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Ways ➡️
why do you guys want the old sound? let the artform breathe be open minded...

MCHG is dope as hell the sonics on the album to me are perfection and jays flow is on ill as always and lyrics are sure less serious and more vein but still clever and sound great

Im sure if jay released a album that sounded like reasonable doubt telling stories and such it would be torn up by most people because we have already heard it... lets look for something new shall we ?
Not to mention a bunch of crap spit that you and I know he doesn't do. Who doesn't change in 20 years?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDIMobster ➡️
I dont think anyone but you really gives a damn if it has a chorus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayl ➡️
That shiiiiiiiiit liiiiiiiight! What happened man?????????
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 ➡️
WOW, why couldn't the magna carta sound like this
because this sounds like the 1st blueprint and Jay Z wants to progress as an artist
Old 10th July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Adrien Younge ia producing the upcoming Souls of Mischief album.

Those with a thirst for that old sound are in for a treat.
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWest ➡️
because this sounds like the 1st blueprint and Jay Z wants to progress as an artist
lol more of a reasonable doubt sound than blueprint sound. but that's just splitting hairs
Old 11th July 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Ill give you that, but if it aint broke...............
Old 11th July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I remember when the Blueprint dropped..people wanted the Reasonable Doubt Jay Z...hahahaha
Old 12th July 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Ill give you that, but if it aint broke...............
Its a great song I love it but its not 1996 anymore. I love 1996 music but I can't get mad at an artist for trying to sound like 2013.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyo ➡️
I remember when the Blueprint dropped..people wanted the Reasonable Doubt Jay Z...hahahaha
lol The Blueprint is the reason why I started making beats in the first place.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
The mans done it all..if he wants to "progress" or "push boundaries" do something WAY out there..like make punk/hardcore or ska or some ****.

This ain't Jay "progressing" this is just the hip hop version of Michael Jordan on the Wizards...old man trying to run in the youngblood era.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyo ➡️
That is pure BS....people said Blueprint was the Reasonable Doubt Jay coming BACK
Old 12th July 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
i would think, those of u that are supporting the direction of this album are also supporting the "Yeezus" album? wats the difference in your eyes? especially if u support experimenting with different genres of music. Kanye mustve done something right.. am i correct?

i also think that if this MGHA album was nothin but "Dead Presidents 3" type songs (production wise), u would love it nonetheless.. and prolly would love it even more without a hitch.

da relic
Old 12th July 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I love it........i hate much more Magna Carta after that
Old 13th July 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo46 ➡️
I love it........i hate much more Magna Carta after that
You and me both.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Dutches ➡️
The mans done it all..if he wants to "progress" or "push boundaries" do something WAY out there..like make punk/hardcore or ska or some ****.

This ain't Jay "progressing" this is just the hip hop version of Michael Jordan on the Wizards...old man trying to run in the youngblood era.
And Jordan on the Wizards busted them kids asses on the court lol. I think its funny how people insist on people staying in a box but then call music art. I think people just reject change.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik dA Relic ➡️
i would think, those of u that are supporting the direction of this album are also supporting the "Yeezus" album? wats the difference in your eyes? especially if u support experimenting with different genres of music. Kanye mustve done something right.. am i correct?

i also think that if this MGHA album was nothin but "Dead Presidents 3" type songs (production wise), u would love it nonetheless.. and prolly would love it even more without a hitch.

da relic
I do support the Yeezus album but just because Jay Z does something does not mean ill support it. I didn't care for the Blueprint 3 for example.
Old 13th July 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
****ing love this ****, that sample, those dissonant keys, true it is super dated, but its dope, and Jay hasn't rapped like that in a long time
Old 13th July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphazes ➡️
****ing love this ****, that sample, those dissonant keys, true it is super dated, but its dope, and Jay hasn't rapped like that in a long time
Yes this except they don't lay together well ..........the brilliance of the sample or the main movement is too good for how ****ed up those keys are .... the keys could work in a number of applications but in this track??? Maybe I have no idea.

Sent from my Nexus One
Old 13th July 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I like how it sounds, I think they work, but its subjective obviously
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
This isnt true, at the end of picasso baby, jay had a flash of his old self.
Old 14th July 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
This isnt true, at the end of picasso baby, jay had a flash of his old self.
He caught me off guard with the first few opening bars on Heaven actually....
Old 17th July 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Old or New, I'm a true Jay Z fan so I'm glad this was finally released. Own every Jay album and have studied it inside out...dude drops jewels but he does it in a very simple way. So simple that most times it goes over people's heads. Kill em Hov
Old 17th July 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Awesome beat.
Old 19th July 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
love the lyrics. cant say that about many joints on the new one...
Old 19th July 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
****ing love this ****, that sample, those dissonant keys,
yes
📝 Reply