The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
No Akai S1000 kb love? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 9th April 2019
  #31
Lives for gear
 
atma's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitleyTM View Post
Hehe, I absolutely know this yes Sampling has also taken place, fun as always. Many thanks for your kind words guys and thanks for the tip on going for SCSI>SD, I have that in my Korg Triton and it works great so that might be an idea but I think the USB solution is much easier to install; no need to measure how long a flat cable is needed and whatnot.

The S1000KB will not be my main sampler by any means, just a fun machine for small and short samples & long Youtube videos.
Awesome! I hope you take the time to really delve into it; it's actually incredibly powerful and it has by far the best sample interpolation for when detuning samples—especially tuning anything downwards sounds amazing!

Also, I actually use it for long samples! I've run entire tracks through it just to get the input saturation from the preamps and the effect of detuning, along with the nice high-frequency sparkle it contributes around 8kHz or so.
Old 9th April 2019
  #32
Here's a box 3 layers deep of S1000, and MPC3000 love from
back in the day. Most samples taken from vinyl when you could get a way with it, and then more chopped and edited when you had to clear.
Attached Thumbnails
No Akai S1000 kb love?-floppy-disc-12-sm.jpg  
Old 9th April 2019
  #33
That's porn for a sounddiver like me :D Throw in a working floppy drive and send it here & I will convert it to ... no wait, I've already got these 700 Ensoniq disks... but anyway... I actually love floppies. And cassettes. And CDs. And LPs.
Old 10th April 2019
  #34
Here for the gear
I have a box like that. Mostly ensoniq. The magnetism deteriorates over time. They get harder to load the older they are. I better try to back mine up but I'm too busy working all the time.
Old 11th April 2019
  #35
I was just about to get the 1000 KB until I heard this badboy in the middle.

No Akai S1000 kb love?-img_0276.jpg

That sampler is dirty as ****
Attached Thumbnails
No Akai S1000 kb love?-img_0276.jpg  
Old 11th April 2019
  #36
Yeah the S-700 (rack version of it) was one of my first samplers, enjoyed it a lot. These machines has the wonderful Overdub mode, something I've been missing ever since that. I've had the X-7000 as well. Editing and posting a youtube video on another machine tonight, the EPS.
Old 11th April 2019
  #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitleyTM View Post
Yeah the S-700 (rack version of it) was one of my first samplers, enjoyed it a lot. These machines has the wonderful Overdub mode, something I've been missing ever since that. I've had the X-7000 as well. Editing and posting a youtube video on another machine tonight, the EPS.
I've sold my EPS 16+ about 2 months ago....also my W-30 in fact. I'm lacking space in here.
I kept my ASR-10 over it. The sequencer might be super buggy but ...I dont know, it really got something over the EPS 16+ in my opinion.
I dont think i'll venture further in the 12 bit samplers area. I got an Emax a S-10( waow waow ) a Korg DSS-1 ( Next level sampler and sound ) the X7000 ( very y synth like my EMAX but different, but those 2 or VERY dirty samplers ) and my beloved MPC 3000 ( 16 bit I know, like my ASR ) I'm done collecting samplers. I might get one of the 2 SP1200 clone that are being built as we speak and that will be it on my side. I'm thinking of buying a Crumar Performer soon....I just love the sound of it...but thats another game :P
Old 11th April 2019
  #38
Lives for gear
 
atma's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
I've sold my EPS 16+ about 2 months ago....also my W-30 in fact. I'm lacking space in here.
I kept my ASR-10 over it. The sequencer might be super buggy but ...I dont know, it really got something over the EPS 16+ in my opinion.
I dont think i'll venture further in the 12 bit samplers area. I got an Emax a S-10( waow waow ) a Korg DSS-1 ( Next level sampler and sound ) the X7000 ( very y synth like my EMAX but different, but those 2 or VERY dirty samplers ) and my beloved MPC 3000 ( 16 bit I know, like my ASR ) I'm done collecting samplers. I might get one of the 2 SP1200 clone that are being built as we speak and that will be it on my side. I'm thinking of buying a Crumar Performer soon....I just love the sound of it...but thats another game :P


what's that DSS1 actually like? I don't know anyone that's ever had or used one. I strongly considered grabbing one when back when that first mod (i don't remember what it was, exactly) came out for it.
Old 11th April 2019
  #39
Keeping this thread zoomed in on the S-1000 KB I posted my new EPS video & most of the other similar videos I've made in a new thread here; EPS, S1000 KB, JD-XA: my Inspiration videos
Old 12th April 2019
  #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
what's that DSS1 actually like? I don't know anyone that's ever had or used one. I strongly considered grabbing one when back when that first mod (i don't remember what it was, exactly) came out for it.
Imagine a 12 bit sampler with extended capability and a MS-20 sound with a moog a like type of analog filter to it.

Only issue is the sampling time.

( Straylight ) Tom virostek made a mod for it where you can load more small samples at the same time but that doesnt actually let you load a Long sample in one shot. It has something to do with the software. dont quote me on that because I understand nothing about it but I remember someone telling me that they would need to rewrite the os completely for a longer sample to be loaded.

Anyhow, this might be the best 12 bit sampler for bass i've ever heard. Its wide and fat with a very nice touch of distortion to it. I really advise anyone with that sort of need to dive into it.

By the way, its the one on top of the X7000 on the picture i've posted.

Its always a go to here.
Old 12th April 2019
  #41
Lives for gear
 
atma's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Imagine a 12 bit sampler with extended capability and a MS-20 sound with a moog a like type of analog filter to it.

Only issue is the sampling time.

( Straylight ) Tom virostek made a mod for it where you can load more small samples at the same time but that doesnt actually let you load a Long sample in one shot. It has something to do with the software. dont quote me on that because I understand nothing about it but I remember someone telling me that they would need to rewrite the os completely for a longer sample to be loaded.

Anyhow, this might be the best 12 bit sampler for bass i've ever heard. Its wide and fat with a very nice touch of distortion to it. I really advise anyone with that sort of need to dive into it.

By the way, its the one on top of the X7000 on the picture i've posted.

Its always a go to here.
awesome! I just literally don't have the space for any full size keys at this point. My all time favorite sampler ever is still the Sequential Circuits Prophet 3000. I only wish someone would write a new OS for it that isn't buggy as hell. I've never enjoyed sampling in the same way I have with that machine. Also, insane props for the detachable UI, probably 20 something years before Akai used the concept on the S6000.
Old 12th April 2019
  #42
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
awesome! I just literally don't have the space for any full size keys at this point.
And you said it right...its the heaviest and largest of all my Keyboard sampler.
Its Huuuuuge.
Theres also a rack version , I think its called the DSM-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
My all time favorite sampler ever is still the Sequential Circuits Prophet 3000. I only wish someone would write a new OS for it that isn't buggy as hell. I've never enjoyed sampling in the same way I have with that machine. Also, insane props for the detachable UI, probably 20 something years before Akai used the concept on the S6000.
I was hoping , at one point, to get the SC Prophet 2000 but with the price ive seen, I just forgot about it. Whats the difference between the 3000 and the 2000?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
TheMIG / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
50
e_just / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
11
Farshad / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production
8
Philly Stress / Rap + Hip Hop Engineering and Production
3

Forum Jump
Forum Jump