The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Buy 2nd hand Steinberg Hypersonic 2 (Mac) Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 14th September 2012
Gear interested

Buy 2nd hand Steinberg Hypersonic 2 (Mac)

I believe this plugin is not yet available anymore since it's so old. But I wanna have it though. Anyone here that can help me get my hands on this plugin for mac? I use snow leopard 10.6.8., can I even use it with this OS?

I will buy if someones knows where, I already got that nasty e-Licenser

Thanks
Old 14th September 2012
Gear interested

I know it's 'succesor' is HALion or HALion Sonic right? How does it compare with Hypersonic 2? I used to like it so much some years ago, I wanna know wheter HALion (Sonic) is comparable.

Would you recommend Hypersonic or HALion?
Old 14th September 2012
3 + infractions, forum membership suspended.

Oh so they no longer sell it? Internet.
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

Halion Sonic, bro.

Sent from my Nexus One
Old 15th September 2012

It wasn't that great... probably not worth the hassle of trying to get it.
Old 15th September 2012
Gear interested

does anyone of you knows where i can buy it second hand? i think it has some nice sounds, might not be the best but i always liked it. and what is better in HALion than Hypersonic 2?
Old 15th September 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
It wasn't that great... probably not worth the hassle of trying to get it.
Do you happen to sell it mr. Belmont?? :D
Old 15th September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi Jay View Post
does anyone of you knows where i can buy it second hand? i think it has some nice sounds, might not be the best but i always liked it. and what is better in HALion than Hypersonic 2?
Much better sound quality. In the transition it went from being cheaply evocative of an old school hardware workstation keyboard sound to (at least IMO) sounding better than the current models. Of course, you can also tweak, layer, etc what is in there to put your stamp on it, plus the synth section is cool (holds up well next to synth-only plugins tbh).

BTW: The Halionsonic soundset is included in Halion 4 (plus the ability to load and flip your own sounds). Really the choice boils down to whether you need/want a sampler or not.
Old 15th September 2012
Gear maniac

Best decimator

I had it on cubase on windows xp

Back in 2004
Old 15th September 2012
Lives for gear

Hypersonic 2 you basically have to get by illegal means as far as I know.
Unless you can find it on eBay.
Old 15th September 2012
Gear maniac

I have it for pc
Old 16th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbongsilver View Post
Much better sound quality. In the transition it went from being cheaply evocative of an old school hardware workstation keyboard sound to (at least IMO) sounding better than the current models. Of course, you can also tweak, layer, etc what is in there to put your stamp on it, plus the synth section is cool (holds up well next to synth-only plugins tbh).

BTW: The Halionsonic soundset is included in Halion 4 (plus the ability to load and flip your own sounds). Really the choice boils down to whether you need/want a sampler or not.
would you say that halion sonic is better than the stock logic stuff, jam packs included. im looking for a new rompler plug in.
Old 16th September 2012
Gear nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnevz View Post
Hypersonic 2 you basically have to get by illegal means as far as I know.
Unless you can find it on eBay.
not even available in that market now days either.

and for the price people can get kontakt 5 or komplete 8
Old 16th September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfguard View Post
would you say that halion sonic is better than the stock logic stuff, jam packs included. im looking for a new rompler plug in.
Never used Logic (FL Studio here), but I don't see how you could go wrong w/ HalionSonic unless you wanted something more specialized.
Old 3rd January 2013
Gear interested

Hypersonic 2

I have it and its superb. Really easy to create the exact sound you want layering and adjusting independent volumes of each sound. Just trying to load it onto my shiney new £2.5k IMac and disappointed that ot wont load. Works fine using cubase on windows via paralells but seems a waste of all that money for new IMac. Rebuild your synth collection as my Access Virus works fine but software bought 15 years later is too old for Apple!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search