The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Newbie: Sync Protools 7 + Mpc2500+ M-audio 1814
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Nut

Newbie: Sync Protools 7 + Mpc2500+ M-audio 1814

Hello folks I'm a new kid on the block who needs your help. First I'll like to say that this is a great site with good peoples i have learned a lot reading from this forum.

Basically i have been making some beats for a liitle while using the mpc and I finally have some equipment to record. I kept it simple and bought a Macbook pro, M-audio 1814, and protools M-powered. I have installed everything and its looking good.

My only issue is I need to learn how to track my compositions into protools, so i will greatly appreciate if someone can give me some pointers on sync my mpc to protools.
Also any crucial pointers on how to optimize my computer would be gladly welcomed

Sorry for the long post ...thanks
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

Just transmit MIDI beat clock from Pro Tools to your MPC. Make sure you set the tempo on Pro Tools to the tempo of your song. Arm your audio tracks, and record. It's as simple as that.
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Nut

Help

thanks brian_delizza I wish i was that savvy to just figure it out....please consider that I have never done it before and i was fiddling with both systems yesterday and i coudln't figure it out. Can someone please help me with the steps involved in syncing the machines.....
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

be sure to down the new O.S. from Akai website. it adds more features, fixes bugs, add MMC and MTC to the 2500.

the 2500(some) was tripping with syncing to Protools with the first o.s.
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

You need to go into your MPCs preferences and set it to an external sync source, for that you can refer to the owners manual. I am assuming that you have a MIDI interface set up, is that correct? If not you will need one. Within Pro Tools you go to the setup window and then MIDI and then MIDI beat clock. If you have your AMS set up your MPC will be an option to transmit to, just check the box. If you don't have it set up you need to do so. It is located within Pro Tools as MIDI studio set up under the setup menu. Just to clarify things you are syncing your MPC to Pro Tools, with Pro Tools as the master, and the MPC as the slave. When you hit play on Pro Tools your MPC should now follow.

Good luck...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search