The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Are All Of The Major Producer's Dropping Their SSL's, & Neve's? Control Surfaces
Old 10th July 2006
Gear Maniac

So did Busta use his XL9000K on his new album? How about Timbaland? Did he use his Neve VR on the Nelly Furtado track? And, finally. Did Wyclef use his XL9000K, or 9000J on the Shakira track?

A 777 Subject.
Old 10th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjigga3000
If it didn't cost so much I'd still use 2 inch cause it sounds good. Does mixing on a SSL or Neve sound better? Sure does, but that's not the sound of today. Just as recording to 2 inch is not the sound of today. But you can tell when someone does. Like Prince. Basically it's the person using the tools and not the tools. Give me a TR 808 a Casio, and a 4 track and I'll still make a hit.
You obviously mean someone who knows what they are doing with a Neve or SSL can make a mix sound great , the desk does'nt actually mix on it's ownheh

Likewise the same person who knows how to do good mixes on an SSL will have a better shot a doing a great ITB mix, because he brings his ears with him , only thing that changes is the platform ! Most of the A list mix guys who choose to mix ITB these day's have a solid grounding in mixing on large format consoles , say it isn't so ?heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search