The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Storch is so lame!
Old 13th June 2006
Storch is so lame!

I know a lot of you guys around here think he is God. (I admit he is a great keyboard player and a good producer, BUT last night I was watching TV and saw him signing Brook Hogan to his label (Yes, Hulk Hogan's daughter). He says he is going to make her the main act on his label. She is a lame ass singer and doesn't even look that good.

There are thousands of talented singers out there and he chooses her and Paris to produce.

If I had his talent and resources, I would try to raise the bar and find some real artists. No.... he would rather play it safe and work with these pop icons that already are guaranteed media coverage.

Is that lame or what?
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

I think it's called business. Same reason Coch Records signed William Hung.

Just my thoughts on the subject
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Head

WHAAAT! Brook Hogan is dope!
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Maybe Hulk Hogan threatened Scott Storch to give him one of those WWF body slams if he wouldn't sign his daughter!?
Old 13th June 2006
<< I think it's called business >>

Storch has already made his millions and has the leverage to do whatever he wants to in the industry. (He was pushing a Bentley coupe in 2000 before he even blew up!)

He can work with whomever he wants, yet he picks these lame asses.
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Nut

that is LAME!!! and i thought she was more into bands.....errrr it dont matter she cant sing. Im with u man, there's bare people out there thats far better than them (Paris, Brooke).
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Nut

i think his after the p*ssy. Hulk Hogan definitely need to body slam this guy
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Addict

Maybe Storch was a "Hulkamaniac" and would do anything for the "Hulkster's" kid.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

so i've never seen her...

she's a pig..

really gross..

about as rough as
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Now that's Storch has achieved massive success, maybe it's getting too easy and he's looking for a really big challenge, one that you could say is next to impossible to achieve, as his crowning glory and proof of his producing abilities :D
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

heh
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral
.....as his crowning glory and proof of his producing abilities :D
He plans to sign David Hasselhof? heh
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

and just for the sake of closure..

Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

its only bizzness? what a lame excuse! terrible mindstate to have! yea I know I wont be a millionare no time soon, but atleast I won't walk with my DIK tucked between my azz cheeks! fuking lame!!!!
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

I lost a lot of respect for Storch after seeing him kiss up to Hulk Hogan and his daughter.

At least they showed a few cool views inside the Hit Factory.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

What's up with all the deleted messages on this thread? Randy? Disco?
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamine
What's up with all the deleted messages on this thread? Randy? Disco?

I made a comment about disco's post, which was deleted by the time I posted mine..so I deleted my post. I think he posted on the wrong thread.

Regarding Storch, He does what he does. Who's to know why he's working with her. Maybe he see's talent we don't. Anyone can be taught to sing on some level, and these days it's become intensly obvious that you don't have to be Alison Krauss to sell records...

It's funny though, with things watered down like they are, that no-one has thought to find an amazing singer, on the level with someone like Stevie Nicks, or Frank Sinatra and put out a very innovative and musical album, free from the typical standard pop bull**** production. I'll be it would sell like no album in history. People are drained from a lot of this crap that's come out recently, and putting out an amazing vocalist with musical songs played by great players that's more about vibe than loops on a grid would feed the wolves so to speak. I'd bet my career it would sell on a level with some of the greatest albums in history. Kelly Clarkson has an amazing voice, but her album sonically sounds like ****. It's so compressed and mid-rangey. Far from smooth and "sonically pleasing". But it does have that nifty "The Matrix" production behind it. Not to knock the Matrix, they do great work, but they are a trend IMO....and the trend continues.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djui5
Not to knock the Matrix, they do great work, but they are a trend IMO....and the trend continues.
There was some Max Martin in there, too. The Matrix did Avril, Furtado and now Kelly.
Seems like they have the "difficult chick" game down.thumbsup
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

How can any person who has yet to break into the industry talk bad about anyone who has accomplished more than ne of us could think of accomplishing, i just don't get it. B4 ppl go bad mouthing, you should wait and see what comes out of it and on top of that, that guy knows what he's doing more than ne of us producers on these boards....so if ppl stop hating and maybe take notes u may can make it somewhere other than the next hating session on gearslutz.....
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

I think Storch is at a point in his pro career where he is seeking challenges that allow him to really sculpt and shape artists.
Old 13th June 2006
Here for the gear

Storch helpers?

I heard Storch has musicians that do a lot of his tracks. I looked on CDs he produced and most of them he doesn't give any credits, even when I can hear live guitars and instruments. Does he play every instrument? I thought he was a keyboard player for Dre. What's up?
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Maniac

i saw this last night as well. i had herd his name a whole lot before it, but i never really knew too much about him. after watching the hulk episode, i can honestly say i dont like what hes doing. now like i said, i dont know anything more than he did stuff with dre, a bunch of other hip hop artists, and paris hiltons "music". is he really jsut in it for the money? i read an article about him last night, and from what i read, he seems very talented himself. too bad that episode lowered my opinion on him.
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Maniac

stop countin the next man's money and do ur own thing.

go work with that artist that u think he should have blown up instead of him working with the hogan chick.
Old 13th June 2006

This thread is lame!
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Addict

Keep drinkin' that Hateraid! The man has mansion's to pay for give him a break. Signing Brooke, and Paris aren't the coolest moves in the book no, but I'm sure the checks make it all just fine and dandy. Wish I was mixing his $hit.
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Nut
i love the interview where he said that he was just working with paris because of her talent and it wasn't about publicity. just talent. faaaantastic. i don't have any problems with any biz stuff.. that's how it goes. but that statement was great.

and if he worked with hasselhof i would love him. and i'm actually serious about that.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by check2
I heard Storch has musicians that do a lot of his tracks. I looked on CDs he produced and most of them he doesn't give any credits, even when I can hear live guitars and instruments. Does he play every instrument? I thought he was a keyboard player for Dre. What's up?
Yup he has one guy that will play guitar/bass for him...
Old 13th June 2006
<< How can any person who has yet to break into the industry talk bad about anyone who has accomplished more than ne of us could think of accomplishing. <<

Whoever typed this is a real fuggin idiot. I guess we all need Platinum records before we are worthy to share our opinions. I acknowledged that Storch has talent, in fact that is the basis of my post. PLEASE forgive me for defaming your great idol!

<< I looked on CDs he produced and most of them he doesn't give any credits, even when I can hear live guitars and instruments. >>

Of course he uses other musicians. I personally know his main guitarist, Aaron Fishbein. It's real shame that Storch won't even give him credit when he actually creates some of the hooks!

I'm usually not a "hater", so give me a break.
Old 13th June 2006
Dre was even cool (and smart) enough to give his players like Mike E. writing credit, long before they made names for themselves.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

i'd say two possibilites why he'd WANT to work with Paris or Hogan:

1- Paris Hilton's record is GARUNTEED to get a certain level of exposure, no matter who produced it, so it's worth putting in time to do it... also, a pris hilton record will be garunteed to get a label deal, just because of her name, where Storch can bill the label (if he hasnt already billed paris) his 100,000 dollars per track.... If you found some girl with "talent" down the street, she's not gonna be able to pay 100 grand, and theres no guaruntee a label would sign her.... Same thing with Disco D and federline, why wouldnt you work with someone who GUARUNTEES a certain amount of exposure, and can pay your heftiest fee....

2. he gets to try to boink them (bonus)
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search