The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Storch is so lame!
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Mixer
<< How can any person who has yet to break into the industry talk bad about anyone who has accomplished more than ne of us could think of accomplishing. <<

Whoever typed this is a real fuggin idiot. I guess we all need Platinum records before we are worthy to share our opinions. I acknowledged that Storch has talent, in fact that is the basis of my post. PLEASE forgive me for defaming your great idol!

<< I looked on CDs he produced and most of them he doesn't give any credits, even when I can hear live guitars and instruments. >>

Of course he uses other musicians. I personally know his main guitarist, Aaron Fishbein. It's real shame that Storch won't even give him credit when he actually creates some of the hooks!

I'm usually not a "hater", so give me a break.
Defaming my great idol lol good one and tony is right i don't even know why i put my opinion on this subject....
Old 13th June 2006
Here for the gear

producing?

I just saw that Hulk Hogan TV show with Storch. It seemed like every time they showed a studio shot, somebody else was working with the singer, engineers and vocal arrangers, I guess. From what I hear about him and his team of musician/track makers and saw on the show, I'm not sure what he actually is doing. Is this what producing is now? That's not what I do, or want to do. I see there are a lot of Storchologists here, maybe someone can explain.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by check2
I just saw that Hulk Hogan TV show with Storch. It seemed like every time they showed a studio shot, somebody else was working with the singer, engineers and vocal arrangers, I guess. From what I hear about him and his team of musician/track makers and saw on the show, I'm not sure what he actually is doing. Is this what producing is now?
Actually THAT's what producing traditionaly is!
It's like being the director in a movie. The director doesn't run the camera's, lights, etc. hisself. The director has the creative vision and uses whatever means to achieve it.

In hiphop the producer is often someone who just makes a beat.

Here's the Q&A with Storch where he talks about working with Paris and artists like that.
He'll probably still develops 'real' musical talent on the low. It's just that the industry doesn't alway care about just musical talent so we just don't know it, while this Hogan and Hilton thing creates a huge buzz in the media.
One example of someone he 'discovered' is Jaguar Wright, but you don't hear that much about her in the media.

Now back on topic...
Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior were my favorite WWF tag team when I was growing up! Remember those matches against Andre the Giant and Hakim?
Wrestling ain't what it used to be...
Maybe Paris Hilton and Brook Hogan should start a wrestling tag team!

(mud wrestling that is)
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont
This thread is lame!
and gay... like paul lynde gay
Old 13th June 2006
Here for the gear

how come dude cant in this free world of ours do what ever the fucc he wanna do with his money, time,skills without the next man talking down on him??????
damn if he wanna go out and sign a dog to bark on his next record so be it .....let that man live thats some ol ho **** all on the next mans nuts
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont
This thread is lame!

you took the words right off my fingers!
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

How come this thread is lame ? He is someone that we all respect here for his talents, but that "disappointed" some because of his collabs moves.

As an artist, when you're successful, you must re-invent yourself... Well, Paris Hilton as far as I know, isn't a great inspiration source... Maybe that she turned his head upside down who knows (which wouldn't be astonishing). So I guess these episodes get into the "business is business" law... That's america !!!
Old 13th June 2006
<< How come this thread is lame ? He is someone that we all respect here for his talents, but that "disappointed" some because of his collabs moves >>

That's all I am saying. Didn't mean to ruffle feathers around here.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

this page should shut you all up! Take a peep and start grinding !

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Scott+Storch
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by check2
I just saw that Hulk Hogan TV show with Storch. It seemed like every time they showed a studio shot, somebody else was working with the singer, engineers and vocal arrangers, I guess. From what I hear about him and his team of musician/track makers and saw on the show, I'm not sure what he actually is doing. Is this what producing is now? That's not what I do, or want to do. I see there are a lot of Storchologists here, maybe someone can explain.
He doesn't have a team of track makers.... he always makes his own beats.. only guitar/bass/strings he gets his team to come in and play ...
Old 8th July 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305
you took the words right off my fingers!

me to
Old 8th July 2006
Hey Big Art... nice way to revive a thread with pertinent information. You're a stupid fck-head! Let's hear some of your tracks, you lame asss.
Old 8th July 2006

Thread sucks... time to end it.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search