The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Emulating old MPC warmth
Old 12th June 2006
Lives for gear

best $200 i ever spent (on gear)

when it comes to workflow, i'm lazy--record into S950, dump to DAW, chop, dump to mpc4000. no editing takes place in the 950.

the bit reducer in battery is not good IMO (as are most software bit reducers), nothing like s950. haven't heard these IRs but i would be surprised if i liked them. i read someone was working on an SP1200 IR too, i'd be curious to hear that. sorry a little OT..
Old 12th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha222
best $200 i ever spent (on gear)

when it comes to workflow, i'm lazy--record into S950, dump to DAW, chop, dump to mpc4000. no editing takes place in the 950.

the bit reducer in battery is not good IMO (as are most software bit reducers), nothing like s950. haven't heard these IRs but i would be surprised if i liked them. i read someone was working on an SP1200 IR too, i'd be curious to hear that. sorry a little OT..
Yeah this one would be interesting if it would work! By the way: Anyone knows this one: http://www.teragon.org/products/Convolver/index.html ? Seems to be interesting!
Old 21st June 2006
Dor
Lives for gear

Just got my S-950 with a whopping 1mb of ram! Never used one so i'm just getting into it. I paid $200 bones on ebay which is pretty good to me. The unit seems to be in great shape.

D
Old 21st June 2006
Lives for gear

Congrats for this great deal! It is nice to own such a machine! 100% Flava guaranteed!
Old 21st June 2006
Dor
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj
Congrats for this great deal! It is nice to own such a machine! 100% Flava guaranteed!
Yep sounds nice and punchy on the drums. Not gritty but that's not what i was after.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search