The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nord Lead 2x...
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Nord Lead 2x...

Who knows what the patch number is for the infamous little jon sound? It was in an article I read a while back but have not been able to find it anywhere!
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagearho
Who knows what the patch number is for the infamous little jon sound? It was in an article I read a while back but have not been able to find it anywhere!
Well... just give us a few bars of the sound because the Nord has been used alot. Set it off with 1 bar and I might can help.
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Nut

Are you sure it is from the Nord Lead 2. He uses a Novation A Station that might have that sound in it. Also, I think there is a similar patch on the Yamaha Motif.
Besides who cares what he uses. It is played out. Make a sound of your own. That way you can make other people want to copy you. Tweak them presets too. Run them through a guitar box or an ITB effects unit. Change the sound then add that back to your track. Layer it with the original track and hard pan. Pimp that **** out in the mix.....
Go crazy no rules in Hiphop.
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose
Are you sure it is from the Nord Lead 2. He uses a Novation A Station that might have that sound in it. Also, I think there is a similar patch on the Yamaha Motif.
Besides who cares what he uses. It is played out. Make a sound of your own. That way you can make other people want to copy you. Tweak them presets too. Run them through a guitar box or an ITB effects unit. Change the sound then add that back to your track. Layer it with the original track and hard pan. Pimp that **** out in the mix.....
Go crazy no rules in Hiphop.
this should be an automated response for all "how can i get that sound like [producer]?" posts................................
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Maniac

^^^

No,No,No...I could give 2 ****s if I sound like Little Jon. I saw a picture in an interview a while back with a patch number written on a piece of tape which was stuck to his nord and was just wondering. Why does everyone always have to hate on peoples posts anyway? Thats my biggest pet peeve ever. If you feel the urge to be an ass go post on underground hip hop!
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Nut

Who was being an ass main. The way you asked the question implied you were trying to get that same sound.
It's cool though. I ain't mad at ya. Sorry for the confusion.
Just thought I was helping...
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Not you man...not you. Anyway I really do appreciate the help and I really do try not to be a preset *****. Just wanted to hear the infamouse patch for myself from the source..knowwhatimean?
Old 9th June 2006
S4v
Here for the gear

That sound is in the nord im sure, but the "lil Jon" preset is in the Korg Wavestation. Dunno the preset name/number
Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagearho
I have worked with Lil Jon...and know his setup very very well.. he doesn't use the Nord...
you may find some of his sounds in the following:

X-Lead
Orbit
Proteus
Virtuoso
Phantom XR
Phantom X8
Roland 5080
Novation
Mo Phatt
SE 1
MS2000R

Good luck...
Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

Wait a minute!! you mean all these rap guys aren't really synth experts!!!??? you mean they just pick a preset, and if it sounds good, run with it?!! wow, i'd 'a never guessed!!

while we're on this subject, i know everyones feelin "snap ya fingers" but honestly, as soon as i hear that ****in sound, i wanna turn off the song... how MANY TIMES is this guy gonna make the same song!!!! I mean, i thaught that young joc beat was bad, but at least they're playing with a slightly different synth sound.... I mean "yeah" is like what two years old now?? and we're still ripping it off??? I'm all about accepting what the public likes as being good, but c'mon people, NOBODY'S bored of this **** yet???
Old 10th June 2006
Gear Maniac

^^^

LOL
Old 17th June 2006
Here for the gear

hahahahahha

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search