The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Water and Electricity do not mix... My tracking studio is ****ed!
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Tony, I feel for u cuz.Especially the record collection.But all I can say is, just do the most of what u can with the equipment and see if its rescuable after drying.Maybe a little niggle here and there, but u never know.Good Luck with the salvaging.
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

How many instruments were powered when it happened ?

As quickly as possible, go buy or rent one of these beast, and dry all the instruments you can open up (it's a good long term investment) :

http://www.kelkoo.de/b/a/ss_kompressor_mecafer.html

This blows air at a very high pressure, without damaging the PCBs / Componments of your hardware. This is always used by IT professionnals to dust of PCs quickly and efficiently.

HTH
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

Dooooh...reading this pains me enough to pull me out of lurker status and offer my condolences.

Sorry to hear about the damage and losses. Hopefully some good fortune is headed your way in the near future to balance things out.

Best of luck recovering what you can.
Old 9th June 2006

I think a couple of my DBX 160s are going to be OK...
Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont
I think a couple of my DBX 160s are going to be OK...
Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddstone
Tony, I feel for u cuz.Especially the record collection.But all I can say is, just do the most of what u can with the equipment and see if its rescuable after drying.Maybe a little niggle here and there, but u never know.Good Luck with the salvaging.

I've had some flood experience as well (when I was a kid our basement got flooded) and if your equipment was not operating at the time it may be salvageable (my dad was able to get most of the electronic gear working over time). I've never had records that have been soaked though, are you sure those can't be salvaged? I feel your pain and wish you good luck with your salvage efforts.

Old 12th June 2006
Gear Nut

Alot of my stuff got wet when a storm blew threw here a few years back. Guess what? After letting it sit for a couple of weeks every single piece powered back up.

Good Luck I'm sure all is not lost.

Sorry I don't know a remedy for records though.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search