The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fellow Hip hop RnB producers.. what do you do?
Old 7th June 2006
Here for the gear

Fellow Hip hop RnB producers.. what do you do?

Hey fellas so amoung us i find varying levels of production proffesionals and begginers and i would be interested to know how everyone on here makes their living? Are you a multimillion dollar producer? is your production work enough to pay the bills?

I ask myself as I am a recent graduate of a music production course and have a few years experience creating, composing, mastering tracks and stuff and wonder where I can go with it to make a living

to check out some of my stuff

www.myspace.com/urbanbeatsuk

www.myspace.com/jspiceproductions
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

all different levels on GS.

You don't have to make it real big to do well. There are many more local artists that will purchase your services.

example: sell(lease?) 6 tracks a month @ 800ea.(inde) heh or sell 3 per month and conduct 50hrs of recording time per mth @ $40hr heh adjust the prices based on your area.
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

I used to remember when R&B was a dirty word when it came to rap. I guess it's all a love mash now under the global banner of hip hop. But I digress off topic. Sorry.
The title of the thread just reminded me of the old, old days. Cuz I'm old.
Old 17th June 2006
Who I am, productionwise

I'm based in Sweden. Right now I'm studying to be a teacher but I'm also studying music theory at Uppsala University. I'm signed to a publisher and I've had some cuts in Europe as well as the U.S.

Had a no #3 and #4 single in Scandinavia, produced music for the Swedish show Room Service (600 000 viewers), music for a documentary and loads of local artists which are about to be signed in Sweden and Germany.

I'm working with Storch endorsed next superstar Ron G (which is currently moving to ATL) but I've also worked with westside San Quinn, Shade Sheist, Ya Boy, Redrum, The Jacka, Klev, D.N.A., Yung Walt and several other artists. Check out my myspace page for some samples of my work and some beats.

/JJ
Old 19th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanJames
I'm based in Sweden. Right now I'm studying to be a teacher but I'm also studying music theory at Uppsala University. I'm signed to a publisher and I've had some cuts in Europe as well as the U.S.

Had a no #3 and #4 single in Scandinavia, produced music for the Swedish show Room Service (600 000 viewers), music for a documentary and loads of local artists which are about to be signed in Sweden and Germany.

I'm working with Storch endorsed next superstar Ron G (which is currently moving to ATL) but I've also worked with westside San Quinn, Shade Sheist, Ya Boy, Redrum, The Jacka, Klev, D.N.A., Yung Walt and several other artists. Check out my myspace page for some samples of my work and some beats.

/JJ
Hi c0mrade :-)
Old 3rd July 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanJames

/JJ
hell yeah, great productions. especially track 2 on your site. see u on tv
much respect from west germany
Old 3rd July 2006
Gear Nut

JX no millionares here. Just a few guys sharing ideas about production and other related stuff. Keep working on your craft its the only thing you got at the end on the day.

THE WORLD IS MY PALETTE ONE STROKE OF MY BRUSH WILL FOREVER CHANGE YOUR VISION. BY BLACKBIRD
Old 5th July 2006
Lives for gear

What up JX23, I make a living doing this. I make most of my money selling beats. I mainly sell beats to locals, but I get a lot of money from TV/Cable MTV play.

I just bought my first house, have my studio for 8 years this year, so the dream is attainable. It took me a long time to get where I am. Mainly because I'm in Colorado, and there wasn't a very good structure for music here. But we've built it up and now there is enough work for 4 hip hop studios in town. When I started, I was the only one.

Once you start putting out albums, people understand that it can be done.

My main artist is Black Pegasus. I started working with him since day one, we've built it all up from underground level.

Here is his site on myspace. www.myspace.com/blackpegasus

here is mine: www.myspace.com/basejase

Peace out and God bless!

BaseJase
www.Illynoise.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search