The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ultimate Drum Library? Look no Further!!!
Old 6th June 2006
Gear Head

Ultimate Drum Library? Look no Further!!!

I found this a few weeks ago and the dude relisted it. This thing has allot of good stuff in it. Check it out for yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7421037943
Old 7th June 2006
Wow, so reasonably priced too.
The guy must have spent a fortune clearing all those samples.
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

Whoa! It really has the entire 808 AND 909 kits!!!???? Where's the credit card?
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Head

First off, he obviously didn't clear all these tunes, these 300 breaks have been floating around for free everywhere. Allthebreaks.com was the first place to sell them, and I'd be shocked if they cleared them. You're gonna have to clear them if you use them anyway. They really aren't recorded all that well either, some of the records they use are pretty beat. Bottom line is, go do some diggin! I've been using a jomox mbase for 808-909ish kicks and I wouldn't go back to my OG 808. Midi it up to the mpc and you are golden!
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.dot
Whoa! It really has the entire 808 AND 909 kits!!!???? Where's the credit card?
This was my attempt at sarcasm.
Old 7th June 2006

CD's like that are what is wrong with rap music.... Whatever happened to crate digging?
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

lol.. just hear the demos.. their from the big fish audio collection..
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont
Whatever happened to crate digging?
Well, seems like ppl's workloads have tripled in some instances.So now we dont even see producers at the bargain bins anymore man.heh They all wanna go iTunes & ebay digging.Its the new dig it seems, minus the dust.
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia
Bottom line is, go do some diggin! I've been using a jomox mbase for 808-909ish kicks and I wouldn't go back to my OG 808. Midi it up to the mpc and you are golden!
This is the advise you need! Use a good drum synth (I use Jomox and Machindrum) and combine them with your samples at your mpc (You sample yourself, don't you?). This is the way!
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Head

I have a machine drum and a sidstation and I can't say enough good about Elektron, a little quirky, but that's what makes it so cool. Drum breaks usually don't have the oomph required today, and straight synth stuff doesn't have the feel. It's all about the hybrid. The Jomox mbase has a trigger input, I run my kick out of two of the assignable outputs of the mpc, one into the mbase, one into the board. It triggers perfectly, you can adjust the trigger sensitivity, and you can adjust the attack and pitch to match your vinyl drum samples.
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont
CD's like that are what is wrong with rap music.... Whatever happened to crate digging?
DITC!!! stlye! nothing like diggin in the crates! like diamond d use to say!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search