The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
will anybody ever listen to my demo?
Old 4th June 2006
Gear Head

will anybody ever listen to my demo?

Hi, I'm a 23 yo italian wannabe rapper who's having a really hard time finding someone willing to listen to his homemade demo.

I wrote the lyrics (mostly english, some spanish) during a long span of time (something like 2 years). Then I began working on the instrumentals: I sampled my non hip-hop cds and assembled half of the tracks. After that I began using a really old synthethizer, and I came up with the remaining ones.

I recorded the vocals with a digital recorder and mixed it. And now?

I'd really appreciate some advice, or even better somebody who would like to listen to my creation...

Nothing else, thank you for your attention
Old 4th June 2006
mos
Gear Nut

just load up the tracks u want us to take a listen to...
Old 4th June 2006
Gear Head

I just did it. I'm new 'round here, didn't know I could upload my tracks...
Old 4th June 2006
Lives for gear

Why aren't you rapping in italian?
Old 4th June 2006
Gear Head

I don't like italian rap. It sounds really shallow, rhymes are too easy to find as words in italian have, how do I say that... Standardized ending? For example past participles always end the same way. But the bottom line is I just don't like it.

My mp3 is here:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showt...461#post746461
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

broken link
Old 5th June 2006
Old 5th June 2006
Old 5th June 2006
Gear Maniac

hey man

I had a chance to listen to your demo.

umm lets see....where could I start...

first and foremost,
I would say you could study music alittle more. There is no climax and no stucture to the song. I had no idea what the song was trying to portray. The vocals were wet, empty, and could use some delivery tactics.

Hope this helps.
Poly
Old 6th June 2006
Gear Addict

i have been working with this dude named Signor Perri in Toronto, he is spitting in both italian and english and it sounds dope. it sounds doper to me than spanish rap. my favorite bilingual **** is definitely portuglish tho hahaha
Old 6th June 2006
Gear Head

well, you know:

de gustibus non disputandum est

But rap in latin would be too much of a challenge...

I tried thinking rhymes in italian some days ago: maybe it's because I've been speaking italian since I was born (well... a few months later) but they sound easy. Nursery rhymes. I may find infinite rhymes for almost every word, and it's not really inspiring. But, again, it's just my opinion: I really don't like what comes from my country.
Old 6th June 2006
Lives for gear

cool ideas..the tracks sound like they're playing in a small boombox underwater..work on the quality for sure
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

1) Buy a mic

2) Stop rapping in english, it sounds silly. You don't know what accent to use, it sounds ****ed up. Can't work out what the hell you're saying man.

I've heard dope italian hiphop. Couldn't understand much, but it sounded great. French hiphop is ****ing amazing - how many of them go 'oh i don't like french i want to rap in english'? None - that make it or get any respect , anyway.

Rap in italian for heavens sake.
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Head

ok... Sounds like "rest in peace", doesn't it?
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

Rapper = One who raps
Raper = One who RAPES (as in forces women to have sex against their will).

Which one is the song referring to?
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Head

come on, I'm not so stupid...

I mean raper, but don't worry, it's just a paradox. When I wrote it I wanted to express utter frustration, uselessness. The idea of a "virgin raper" seemed funny, ironic. Well, don't know if I can explain it in a few words...

Anyway it's raper, one p. And I mean a raper who is a virgin, even if it doesn't make any sense at a first look. It's no apology of the most hideous crime on earth, I'm no monster...

P.S.: I guess the lyrics may help 2 understand the idea, but I'm conscious of the fact the sound quality is too bad 4 u 2 figure out what I say. That's why I attached the lyrics.
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmR2m
come on, I'm not so stupid...

I mean raper, but don't worry, it's just a paradox. When I wrote it I wanted to express utter frustration, uselessness. The idea of a "virgin raper" seemed funny, ironic. Well, don't know if I can explain it in a few words...

Anyway it's raper, one p. And I mean a raper who is a virgin, even if it doesn't make any sense at a first look. It's no apology of the most hideous crime on earth, I'm no monster...

P.S.: I guess the lyrics may help 2 understand the idea, but I'm conscious of the fact the sound quality is too bad 4 u 2 figure out what I say. That's why I attached the lyrics.

last i knew...and i'm no authority on the subject but "one who rapes" should be called a "rapist"...i don't know..maybe its just me
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmR2m
Hi, I'm a 23 yo italian wannabe rapper
i probably wouldn't use this term anymore either..it just sounds...well....not good
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Head

yeah, I know...

Kinda did it on purpose. I'm not very serious, or better I don't like to take myself too seriously. That's why I said wannabe.

For the other one, rapist sounds even better so I think I'll use that next time I record it. It fits perfectly in the verse, thanks a lot!
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

i just lost hella braincells reading this ****
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Head

could u be more precise, please?

I don't get what's so weird...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search