The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
new Busta Rhymes album Plugin Presets/Expansions
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Guru

new Busta Rhymes album

Oh my goodness...just got done listening to an advance copy. This **** is SERIOUS!! Dope production, dope collabos, just an overall great album. I'll most definitely be copping this when it comes out.

Stand out tracks...

Been Through The Storm (Feat. Stevie Wonder)
Produced By Sha Money XL

In The Ghetto (Feat. Rick James)
Produced By DJ Green Lantern

and my favorite track on the whole cd

Don't Get Carried Away (Feat. Nas)
Produced By Dr. Dre

anyone else heard this yet?
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Maniac

If "I love my chick" (nice one by will.i.am) is the official 2nd single, then was Touch it the actual first single?Just asking, cause there been so many new Busta joints floating around, one couldnt really keep track anymore.So does Dre produce only one on this whole album?
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddstone
If "I love my chick" (nice one by will.i.am) is the official 2nd single, then was Touch it the actual first single?Just asking, cause there been so many new Busta joints floating around, one couldnt really keep track anymore.So does Dre produce only one on this whole album?
no he has like four but on some he co-produced.... Best song on the album to me is "Legend of the Fall Offs" which has a damn digging shovel integrated into the beat its AMAZING... I think this has to be the best beat Dre has made in a while...
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Addict

I was most def feeling the beats, the Dre tracks sound like an extention of chronic 2001. But I was a little taken back by all of Busta's coke rap. Dont get me wrong I love jeezy, clipse, dipset, etc. but seems forced, not like Busta.
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

his voice sounds horrible in most of the tracks..its very brittle, high end is way too held-together-with-strings
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWAVS
no he has like four but on some he co-produced.... Best song on the album to me is "Legend of the Fall Offs" which has a damn digging shovel integrated into the beat its AMAZING... I think this has to be the best beat Dre has made in a while...
i could put that together with some sound-ideas cds i got in 10 minutes

"YO, DRE, HOWD U GET THOSE SHOVELS TO BANG YO"
Old 3rd June 2006
ILL
Gear Maniac

Been Through the Storm is a fantastic track in every aspect.
Old 3rd June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Phoenix
Wow.. A two year old can make that track on fruity loops? dfegad I wouldn't call that a song, I'd call that busta talking **** over sound effects.. Sounds like dre just sampled an outro of a movie and said "fuk it". Although, since dre is now a signature in hip hop production, he can get away with it.
yeah.. I already had the advance copy and just listened into it after reading this thread.. Although you guys are bashing it in here I had great expectations since I'm a long time busta fan and always liked dre productions.. But what a disappointment is this? WTF.. No good tracks I hadn't heard before.. and the sound is cheap.. could be due to not being mastered though (sounds way too quiet for such a major release). But anyway I don't like the sound even if I turn up the volume knob. And that shovel track just isn't creative.. has nothing to it.
And I have enough of all the typical 50c chants busta is adapting...

just my 0,00000002 million Euros
Old 3rd June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Wow.. A two year old can make that track on fruity loops? dfegad I wouldn't call that a song, I'd call that busta talking **** over sound effects.. Sounds like dre just sampled an outro of a movie and said "fuk it". Although, since dre is now a signature in hip hop production, he can get away with it.

Here's a real dre banga!
hmmmm.... well ok.

For me a beats worth comes from its mood and atmosphere whether it be a intense complex arrangement (Kanye West - Roses) or something very simple but effective (Still Tippin' - Slim Thug.)

As for a two year old being able to make the track on fruity loops well... I guess I haven't met any of these two year olds yet because if I did I'd ask them to make a track for me... lol

All love, HOLLA
Old 3rd June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco
i could put that together with some sound-ideas cds i got in 10 minutes

"YO, DRE, HOWD U GET THOSE SHOVELS TO BANG YO"
but you didn't and your track isn't on the new busta rhymes album that will most likely be the #1 album in the country next week, unless I'm wrong and your one of the other producers on the album...

I'm really not trying to be a jerk here its all love, but I just don't understand how people can say things like I could have done this and done that...

I'm sure a million people said I could have used sped up soul samples after Kanye West did it, or I could have brought back the synth after Lil Jon did it, or I could have whispered in a song after the yin yang twins did it, or I could have <insert here>

I think you get what I'm saying.
Old 3rd June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
but you didn't and your track isn't on the new busta rhymes album that will most likely be the #1 album in the country next week, unless I'm wrong and your one of the other producers on the album...

I'm really not trying to be a jerk here its all love, but I just don't understand how people can say things like I could have done this and done that...

I'm sure a million people said I could have used sped up soul samples after Kanye West did it, or I could have brought back the synth after Lil Jon did it, or I could have whispered in a song after the yin yang twins did it, or I could have <insert here>

yep, its real easy to come up with after some one else already did it.
Old 3rd June 2006
Gear Nut

out of all the songs "Been Through The Storm " is my favorite. Yeah i think Legend Of the Fall Offs is too simple, i like the mood tho, maybe do a remix with a beat on it. The first time i heard i thought "this is a long intro"
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

its been done before, cant recall where..but when i was playing it, that went through my mind...its all good....but what compressor settings do u think he used on the shovel
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

although i would have liked to hear a lil' MORE dj scratch on the album, i think it's dope.
Old 4th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax
But I was a little taken back by all of Busta's coke rap.
AMEN! Its high time someone said it. Busta Rhymes sucks...
Old 4th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

.... couldn't have put it better myself
Old 5th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
its been done before, cant recall where..but when i was playing it, that went through my mind...its all good....but what compressor settings do u think he used on the shovel

yea, i think your right, was it the Gravediggaz???
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

whats with the album reviews on gearslutz? i thought this site is about gear and engineering.
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

I'll have to check this one out. Two of my people who helped put Busta on the map, & keep him on the map, Rashad Smith (did'Woo Haa'), & Nottz (did 'Everybody Rise') have dropped some of the tightest tracks in Hip Hop history. This album will have to do the same, or better to impress me. But, then again if 'Dre's' manufacturing some of the tracks then the impacts should be 'Craawwaazeeeyy'. I should be able to get a 'legit' promo listen by later today if I have the time to look into it.

Rob G..
Old 5th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshelevator
whats with the album reviews on gearslutz? i thought this site is about gear and engineering.

just wanted to see thoughts on the new album. is it really that big of a problem for you?
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305
just wanted to see thoughts on the new album. is it really that big of a problem for you?

as a matter of fact it is! just kidding. not really a problem but i figure there's a lot of websites dedicated to discussing an albums musical merits and i figured id throw in my 2¢ on a gearslutz busta album review - "who cares?".
Old 6th June 2006
Lives for gear

All,

Question? Does 'Busta' sound like he's flowing with a 'Kanye West' style, or am I hearing things? If ya'll notice it confirm.

Rob G..
Old 6th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G
All,

Question? Does 'Busta' sound like he's flowing with a 'Kanye West' style, or am I hearing things? If ya'll notice it confirm.

Rob G..

i think he went more in the 50 Cent direction, especially on the hooks.
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
what compressor settings do u think he used on the shovel

Extra compression

EQ a lil' bit on the highs.. cut the mids..
Old 8th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Either way 'Busta' does'nt seem as original as he used to be.

A 777 Subject.
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

Extra compression

EQ a lil' bit on the highs.. cut the mids..
Old 9th June 2006
Here for the gear

I like busta's music all the old stuff and the new but it does seem like he's doing more 'coke rap' these days. Busta's a smart dude and I think he's trying to please his old and new fans by marketing the thug **** and crack music so he can stay within the whole aftermath image of big bad gangstas. I wasn't too impressed with the Dre beat actually I could tell it was a Dre beat the minute I heard it, very stiff robotic like, not saying it's wack but I can tell it was made by Dre. It's definitely a quality album that will sell but my expectations for busta rhymes albums are a lot greater than what I heard from this one.
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305
Oh my goodness...just got done listening to an advance copy. This **** is SERIOUS!! Dope production, dope collabos, just an overall great album. I'll most definitely be copping this when it comes out.

Stand out tracks...

Been Through The Storm (Feat. Stevie Wonder)
Produced By Sha Money XL

In The Ghetto (Feat. Rick James)
Produced By DJ Green Lantern

and my favorite track on the whole cd

Don't Get Carried Away (Feat. Nas)
Produced By Dr. Dre

anyone else heard this yet?
One thing i hate about Hip Hop production credits is that they are soooo wrong... this is what happend

The two songs "Been Through the Storm" and "In the Ghetto" both started with their respective "Beat Makers" (their credited as "producers" which is all wrong as explained above)

Dr. Dre recieved both songs in "basic" form and Dre cut and did the vocal production of both Stevie and Rick on both songs (hence thats why the vocal performances are so legacy and hot!)

Dre then brought is an orchestra to play the string parts at the end of the Stevie song, and the stabs on the Rick song...

Then both songs wnet through Dr. Dre's famous "sacred mixing and pre-mastering proccess"

These 2 songs are my favorate hip hop records i have heard in a long time, and as for Dr. Dre...

Well as the executive producer of this project i think he made sure that his product stands at his high quality standards, even if he doesnt get the producer credit for these songs as he should.

The Hip Hop industry needs to go back and read "This Business of Music" the First Edition!

and maybe more quality material will come out like this!
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Maniac

I got the Dj advance copy it sounds better than the one he had on J Records
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDrugLord
One thing i hate about Hip Hop production credits is that they are soooo wrong... this is what happend

The two songs "Been Through the Storm" and "In the Ghetto" both started with their respective "Beat Makers" (their credited as "producers" which is all wrong as explained above)

Dr. Dre recieved both songs in "basic" form and Dre cut and did the vocal production of both Stevie and Rick on both songs (hence thats why the vocal performances are so legacy and hot!)

Dre then brought is an orchestra to play the string parts at the end of the Stevie song, and the stabs on the Rick song...

Then both songs wnet through Dr. Dre's famous "sacred mixing and pre-mastering proccess"

These 2 songs are my favorate hip hop records i have heard in a long time, and as for Dr. Dre...

Well as the executive producer of this project i think he made sure that his product stands at his high quality standards, even if he doesnt get the producer credit for these songs as he should.

The Hip Hop industry needs to go back and read "This Business of Music" the First Edition!

and maybe more quality material will come out like this!

yea, it was pretty obvious that a lot of the songs, even though they credit other people, definitely had Dre's touch on them.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search