The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
new Busta Rhymes album Plugin Presets/Expansions
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

Dude...DUDE

this is a hot LP.

best song.is.....Busta and Stevie man...... I'm lost for words.
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

Finally heard the album...let me just say this.

1. The cuts with Stevie and Rick were PHENOMINAL.

2. LEGEND OF THE FALL OFFS is one of the greatest hip hop songs EVER.. already. Best song on the album. Sheer- geniusness!

3. I think it is about time Nas have Dre do his whole album because listening to this album gave me the feeling like hip hop was back. Even though I know it isn't. At this point, we need our great MCs to hook up with our producing legends and take over the whole hip hop scene because I can't take anymore lil Jon, T.I., Yung Joc, and the rest of these non-rapping muthaf*ckas. I can't take it anymore. I'm losing my f*ckin mind with this sh*t.

4. I'm just waiting on Outkast to do it big on this next album. Then I will feel even better. I just have a ray of hope as of now though.
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big 3rd
Finally heard the album...let me just say this.

3. I think it is about time Nas have Dre do his whole album because listening to this album gave me the feeling like hip hop was back. Even though I know it isn't. At this point, we need our great MCs to hook up with our producing legends and take over the whole hip hop scene because I can't take anymore lil Jon, T.I., Yung Joc, and the rest of these non-rapping muthaf*ckas. I can't take it anymore. I'm losing my f*ckin mind with this sh*t.
i don't think a Dre/Nas collabo could be anything less than Legendary.

I'm with you on the great MC's/producers thing to bring back musicality into hip hop.
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

just an opinion:

it´s mediocre
and some of the best beats didn´t make the cut.

"Been through the storm" sounds like a Jamie Foxx/Ryan Leslie song.
It´s great, I just don´t feel Busta on it.

"I´ll do it all", again. Latoya sounds great, Busta?
most of it lacks energy/charisma. something Busta used to bring to the table, always.

if that´s supposed to bring Busta/hip hop back, then RIP hip hop
Old 28th June 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDrugLord
One thing i hate about Hip Hop production credits is that they are soooo wrong... this is what happend

The two songs "Been Through the Storm" and "In the Ghetto" both started with their respective "Beat Makers" (their credited as "producers" which is all wrong as explained above)

Dr. Dre recieved both songs in "basic" form and Dre cut and did the vocal production of both Stevie and Rick on both songs (hence thats why the vocal performances are so legacy and hot!)

Dre then brought is an orchestra to play the string parts at the end of the Stevie song, and the stabs on the Rick song...

Then both songs wnet through Dr. Dre's famous "sacred mixing and pre-mastering proccess"

These 2 songs are my favorate hip hop records i have heard in a long time...

Ya know, I was thinking that exactly same thing when I heard those two songs...

Peace
Old 28th June 2006
Gear Nut

from the samples I heard on iTunes, i was dissapointed. Oh well...
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

I liked the LP FWIW

and

For those who said busta is sptting coke/gangsta rap...are we listening to the same LP? Just cuz he's not jumping around "cooning" like a clown like he did on a few of his earlier LP's don't mean he's "wannabe thuggin it". I dare anyone to point out one song where the main topic is...I sell mad drugs and get all the bitches and go to the club

If your from a country where english isn't your native tongue you receive a pass
Old 29th June 2006
Gear Addict

In the ghetto was a hell of a track...
but "I Love my Chick" ????

wtf is that?
I definitely feel like there is more creativity in this then I've heard in a long time from Hip Hop... the latest is probably the Slim Shady LP.

It'll take time guys...
and hiphop will probably never return to the form that it took upon in the golden age of the 90s...
but it will be better... believe that.
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

I thoght it was a pretty good LP, to me the best song was get you some, i felt it was a cross of chronic 2001 with classic busta rhymes on it
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by (DC)
In the ghetto was a hell of a track...
but "I Love my Chick" ????

wtf is that?
I definitely feel like there is more creativity in this then I've heard in a long time from Hip Hop... the latest is probably the Slim Shady LP.

It'll take time guys...
and hiphop will probably never return to the form that it took upon in the golden age of the 90s...
but it will be better... believe that.
Check Out Common's Be

Sean Prices's Monkey Bars

Ghostface Killahs- Fishscale

those are a few Lps I can think of off the top of my head in recent years which I thought were fire
IMO they **** all over the SS LP Production wise
Old 29th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher
I liked the LP FWIW

and

For those who said busta is sptting coke/gangsta rap...are we listening to the same LP? Just cuz he's not jumping around "cooning" like a clown like he did on a few of his earlier LP's don't mean he's "wannabe thuggin it". I dare anyone to point out one song where the main topic is...I sell mad drugs and get all the bitches and go to the club

If your from a country where english isn't your native tongue you receive a pass

busta is spitting a lot more of the gangsta/coke rap than he used to. Not as much compared to someone like Jeezy, but there is a song called Cocaina, lol.
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305
busta is spitting a lot more of the gangsta/coke rap than he used to. Not as much compared to someone like Jeezy, but there is a song called Cocaina, lol.
LISTEN TO THE LYRICS THOUGH, he talkin about his RHYMES are like Cocaine or a drug....not i'm Pablo Escobar Shipping keys etc...

Its a Metaphor, at least thats how I took it when listening to the hook
Old 29th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
LISTEN TO THE LYRICS THOUGH, he talkin about his RHYMES are like Cocaine or a drug....not i'm Pablo Escobar Shipping keys etc...

Its a Metaphor, at least thats how I took it when listening to the hook

nah, i said that just as a joke, i realize he's using a metaphor there. But there is PLENTY of coke/gangsta rap all over this album, more than in his previous albums.
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrock305
nah, i said that just as a joke, i realize he's using a metaphor there. But there is PLENTY of coke/gangsta rap all over this album, more than in his previous albums.
if you mean braggadocious type lyrics I'd agree but thats hip hop as long as its bragging up your skills not your the best cuz I'm rich....but thats just IMHO of course.

As for typical Jigga man type I used to be a big drug dealer before I rapped i'm that dude cuz i'm still spending money from 88...nah thats not bus never was and still isn't. IMHO
Old 30th June 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddstone
If "I love my chick" (nice one by will.i.am) is the official 2nd single, then was Touch it the actual first single?Just asking, cause there been so many new Busta joints floating around, one couldnt really keep track anymore.So does Dre produce only one on this whole album?

I recall a song called "Where's Your Money" with Ol' Dirty Bastard - that was out WAY before "Touch It" came out. I never saw a video for "Where' Your Money."

The track was bumping and even tho it didnt make the final album, it was stand out and gets mad play when I spin at the club.

Check for it...

Peace

http://soulcitybeats.com
Old 30th June 2006
Lives for gear

yall got me with goldmine...he is talkin about coke...but whatever song is still one of the best to me
Old 30th June 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDrugLord
One thing i hate about Hip Hop production credits is that they are soooo wrong... this is what happend

Then both songs wnet through Dr. Dre's famous "sacred mixing and pre-mastering proccess"
Lets talk about this.. There are soooo many rumores about how dre mixes and what is that special "Thing" he does.

Some say he only mixes on mains, Only Loud, only Quiet, Quickly, or 2 days a song. Others say only uses analog tape and ssl, other say Protools and SSL. I guess noone thinks Dre is ITB thank God.

Surely 90% of that sound comes from Dres production. Obviously starting with the best Kick and Snare is the way 2 go and theres proof of that in The Gams record. "Dreams" is a way crappier sound mix that "Westside Story" Dre mixed both himself, but definitly left most of Kanyes production intact on that one.

Has any here actully been in the room with the man as he put one of his mixes together... Digital Drug Lord? Disco D? Anyone? I know thers a thred going on about well mixed hiphop but how people can even say any 36 mafia track sound good after listining to Cronic 2001 or The Game record...

MH
Old 30th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by klear.koat
I recall a song called "Where's Your Money" with Ol' Dirty Bastard - that was out WAY before "Touch It" came out. I never saw a video for "Where' Your Money."

The track was bumping and even tho it didnt make the final album, it was stand out and gets mad play when I spin at the club.

Check for it...

Peace

http://soulcitybeats.com

That song is considered a Ras Kass song thats why....its on his "Revenge of the SPit" Mix tape
Old 2nd July 2006
Lives for gear

Just chopped up the "Been Throught The Storm" track.. Busta instrumental.. if anyone is insterested..

http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 4th July 2006
Lives for gear

Sorry guys bad format.. This one is mp4.. Hope it's okay!

http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EDIT: Please don't post commercially distributed music for download.
Old 8th July 2006
Gear Head

got to get it
Old 8th July 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
That song is considered a Ras Kass song thats why....its on his "Revenge of the SPit" Mix tape

Ras Kass???? He's not even on the song... But, okay - I guess I just learned something...

Peace
Old 9th July 2006
Gear Addict

My favorite from an audio stand point is "Get Down." Everything about is is WRONG, wrong, wrong, but I love it. The kick drum distortion gives me the warm and fuzzies in the car, the vocal levels just aren't right, but alas I love it. Sounds like Timbo plugged a mic for the vocals into the ASR and tracked it live to 2 track in the mastering lab. The N_____dom factor on this track is very, very high. Who the Hell mastered this CD anyway, the liner notes aren't so linear?

And what gives? The credits read mixed by.......but it also list a mix engineer separately. Since when does the producer need an additional credit for mixing? This is the first time I've seen anything such as this. (Shout out to Ethan, wayy to provide for the fam.)

Overall I enjoy it, but dammit if the snares aren't bright enough. I love him, but Stevie Wonder sounds like he's on crack with all that AutoTunage and I don't agree that Rick James' (R.I.P.) sample was used to it's dopest potential. The string section on "Strom," Dre, J. Dilla, Will.I.Am, QTip and Timbaland deliver some of my favorite moments. Busta is a classic hip hop artist and this is the kind of album I expect from someone in his place. 7.9 out of 10, IMO overall!
Old 9th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineEars
Overall I enjoy it, but dammit if the snares aren't bright enough. I love him, but Stevie Wonder sounds like he's on crack with all that AutoTunage and I don't agree that Rick James' (R.I.P.) sample was used to it's dopest potential. The string section on "Strom," Dre, J. Dilla, Will.I.Am, QTip and Timbaland deliver some of my favorite moments. Busta is a classic hip hop artist and this the kind of album I expect from someone in his place. 7.9 out of 10, IMO overall!
They auto-tuned Stevie??
Shoot the engineer responsible for that!

_
Old 28th July 2006
Lives for gear

OH MY GOD!

Today was the first time I actually listened to this album on my monitors.

MY GOD! I can't believe it but....

Dre's mixes are getting even better!

If you haven't listened to this album on monitors....please, please, please do so.

"Legend of the Fall Offs" was nothing short of amazing. Period. It sounds like he did most of the album in 5.1. Anyone that says they don't like this album needs their head examined ASAP.

The sonics were incredible. WOW!

Ok I'm done....I just..........f*ck it.
Old 28th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by klear.koat
Ras Kass???? He's not even on the song... But, okay - I guess I just learned something...

Peace
Ras must of remixed it or something then..
Old 28th July 2006
Lives for gear

yep great album i mean "you can't hold a torch" i just frikkin amazing

get ready for the new roots album with malik b on 3 songs. yeah.
Old 28th July 2006
Dor
Lives for gear

Heard the roots "game theory" advance. some pretty nice cuts on it. Took a minute to grow on me tho. Some of the cuts sound like beck produced em.

D
Old 29th July 2006
no ssl yet
For those who questioned the "I love my Chick" cut, i spoke with major distributors all this week and several are looking for "pop rap". This kinda explains the addition of Will I am to the production list.

According to the numbers, Gangsta rap is played out for them. One person asked me "Would you rather sell 100k records or 2.5 million units? If you choose 100k, go make a record like Mobb Deep, otherwise get me something I can sell to kids."
Old 2nd August 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet
According to the numbers, Gangsta rap is played out for them. One person asked me "Would you rather sell 100k records or 2.5 million units? If you choose 100k, go make a record like Mobb Deep, otherwise get me something I can sell to kids."
its funny considering the biggest selling acts (minus BEP) are gangsta rap....I consider all that booty shakin pimp **** gangsta rap FYI...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search