The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 22nd May 2006

What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?

What does everyone else do in their spare time?
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Nut

Scuba Dive, Play with my son, School, sex with wife. Okay so the last one was a lie.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

disc golf!
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

I have a light video game addiction heh
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

I'm into dogging.

Ok, seriously- I'm do a lot of exercise- weights and cycling mainly.
We do a lot of travel as well- living on the French/German/Swiss border affords a lot of choice.
I read a lot- mainly about travel, art and european history.
Started getting into circuit bending, which I guess is kinda music related.

... and being a Dad to an 11 week old English Bulldog puppy which keeps me pretty busy.
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Maniac

You mean there is a life outside of the studio? I might have to try out these so called "hobbies"!
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Other than GS...been playing a lot of Call of Duty online. Anybody got balls, holla at me.

Kind of a true artist all around.

I used to do a lot of art work for money on the side, but it got out of hand.
Here's a 17x13 portrait of MJ I did in 10th grade. What ya think?
Attached Thumbnails
What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?-mj2.jpg  
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big 3rd
Other than GS...been playing a lot of Call of Duty online. Anybody got balls, holla at me.

Kind of a true artist all around.

I used to do a lot of art work for money on the side, but it got out of hand.
Here's a 17x13 portrait of MJ I did in 10th grade. What ya think?
Doesn't look anything like Michael Jackson.

JR
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondjames

JR
hahahahahaha......
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondjames

JR
Michael Jordan. heh
Old 22nd May 2006

I study tradional shaolin Kung Fu, currently studying five animal style.

http://www.shaolintemplebirmingham.co.uk/
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Michael Jordan. heh
LOL... I know.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
I study tradional shaolin Kung Fu, currently studying five animal style.

http://www.shaolintemplebirmingham.co.uk/

Other than that I spend a lot of time in the spa relaxing.

Dee Dee
That's real cool. Every have to kick some ass?
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Addict

Football

Come on the World Cup!

Though the girlfriend has to be the most time consuming hobby right.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

When I don't produce, I dance to the music. Love the NewSchool Hip-Hop dance. Also, I started singing a year ago (broke every single glass in my appartment).

I love reading gearslutz member's posts too, but I think we all do ^^.
Old 22nd May 2006

Quote:
That's real cool. Ever have to kick some ass?

It's funny, when you know your own ability you do anything to get out of hurting someone. I cant think of an instance where I have really had to unload, your body language tends to squash confrontation. It's nice to know that you can protect your loved ones at any given time though and not getting too deep but it changes the way you live your life.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

dj, write, travel, chill w/ family, watch horror movies, spend too much money and sleep
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Studying Celtic mythology and culture...

But my main interest is my reason for living, my daughter.

ruudman
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

for years it was brazilian jiujitsu (americantopteam.com) . now, i have another baby and my son has fallen in love with baseball. so now its pretty much baseball, im an assistant coach and it takes up all if not more of my free time. this weekend we won the all star tourny and for the next 3 weeks its the travel team all star tourny.
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

I'm a preacher... < that's me poundin' the pulpit. < that's the congregation's response...
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Maniac

Between my regular job (pharmaceuticals) and the Studio, I manage to fit a few things into my schedule.

1. Golf......I try to get out 2 times a month.

2. Paintball.....Played yesterday, that game is straight up war. Not the speedball that you see on tv. We are all camoflauged out running around in the woods. 2nd time playing and had to invest in a gun.

3. Battlefield 2 (online gaming)..... I havent played this in awhile but every so often I will hop online and get in the action.

4. GearSlutz...Whenever I get home from work, I usaully will end the night by reading this forum and then read it again when I wake up or before work. I dont call it a hobby but its my Wall Street Jounal of Audio.

BIG 3rd,

I miss the "D"......Where are you located in Detroit? All my family is there in and around the city. I have to get up there and hit a few resturants I have been missing. Mainly in GreekTown and Mexican Town.

peace,
Eddie
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

sex, marijuana,rioting,watching loose change...
Old 22nd May 2006
500 series nutjob

old Harley's!
i love em!
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Maniac

I run a media company. myspace.com/harshmedia

Photography, digital design.........
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

Cars(i am also a toyota tech for my day job, but mess with new school american muscle on my own time.)

Thats my old car, I now have a 1994 Trans Am thats in the paint shop right now and should be getting its new engine that should be good for about 400+ rear wheel horsepower in the next few weeks.

I also do some metal fabrication, play golf, FOH for live sound and drink part time

Matt
Old 22nd May 2006
no ssl yet
Shoot Pool, Basketball, practice on piano or guitar. Read alot of financial texts. (I sit around and do the valuation of corporations to stay sharp incase I need a job).

Also do alot of brainteasers to stay sharp for interviews.

For example a simple one:

If your sock drawer is in a dark room and it contains 9 blue socks and 11 red socks, what's the minimum number of socks that you can take into the living room (where the light is on) to assure you have a matching pair?

(This one is VERY easy but they get harder)
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT User
Between my regular job (pharmaceuticals) and the Studio, I manage to fit a few things into my schedule.

1. Golf......I try to get out 2 times a month.

2. Paintball.....Played yesterday, that game is straight up war. Not the speedball that you see on tv. We are all camoflauged out running around in the woods. 2nd time playing and had to invest in a gun.

3. Battlefield 2 (online gaming)..... I havent played this in awhile but every so often I will hop online and get in the action.

4. GearSlutz...Whenever I get home from work, I usaully will end the night by reading this forum and then read it again when I wake up or before work. I dont call it a hobby but its my Wall Street Jounal of Audio.

BIG 3rd,

I miss the "D"......Where are you located in Detroit? All my family is there in and around the city. I have to get up there and hit a few resturants I have been missing. Mainly in GreekTown and Mexican Town.

peace,
Eddie
What up dude, glad to holla at a fellow D-boy.
Yeah man, I'm on the eastside. Just bought a real nice crib on Outer Drive.
Yeah mexican town is that deal. My joint been THE BLUE NILE lately. You know...the ethopian joint that used to be in greektown.
Food is off the chain. Nice, different place to take the lady...you know.

What high school did you graduate from?

OSBORN baby!!!

Oh yeah...is that paintball sweet? I've been wanting to check it out. It's probably expensive though, aint it?
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet
Shoot Pool, Basketball, practice on piano or guitar. Read alot of financial texts. (I sit around and do the valuation of corporations to stay sharp incase I need a job).

Also do alot of brainteasers to stay sharp for interviews.

For example a simple one:

If your sock drawer is in a dark room and it contains 9 blue socks and 11 red socks, what's the minimum number of socks that you can take into the living room (where the light is on) to assure you have a matching pair?

(This one is VERY easy but they get harder)
Three of course. I think everyone has heard that one. Give me another, but a good one.heh
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Nut

I work at an executive search firm that focuses on diversity (www.theburgessgroup.com)
I also work as a licensed Real Estate Broker in Park Slope Brooklyn www.donawaldrealty.com

Also assistant coach on my sons little league team.
Huge Boxing fan, I pay 50.00 for those damn pay per view bouts (damn those digital cable boxes)

I'm dirt poor because I'm a gadget freak. 3 Ipods, Mac Mini, Powerbook G4, Dell Laptop, Treo 650 (the Motorola Q will be it's replacement), lite on dvd recorder (works just like a vcr) and i'm eyeing the xbox 360, (nintendo wii and ps3 as well)and a 50 inch plasma.

I love shades (all kinds) clothing (urban gear) and sneakers,
If I would only put that money into my home studio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Three of course. I think everyone has heard that one. Give me another, but a good one.heh
3 producers are going to a convention and decide to share a hotel room. The room is 30 bux. Each producer puts in 10 dollars. After the producers check in, the desk attendent realized he overcharged the producers, the rate should have been 25 bux. He sends the bell hop up to give the producers their change. The bell hop decides that it would be too difficult for 3 people to share 5 bux, so he decides to take two and gives each one of the producers a dollar back. If the producers paid $9 each, and the bell hop kept two, where's the missing dollar?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search