The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadly
Wait a sec, are you one of the guys from Yeti on a Budget?
I am on a budget, saving as much money as I can to buy more high end gear.
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Maniac

thanx for the nice feedback guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadly
I have to ask. . . how'd you do white lettering on black? Did you actually silk screen it?!?!

(And no, that's not a riddle like the 3 blue hat 2 red hat thing.)

some units are laser engraved, some are mechanically engraved and filled with white ink. http://www.schaeffer-apparatebau.de does a good job on this.

@Calles & Disco D I´ll send you guys a PM

greetz, steff
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont
What does everyone else do in their spare time?
Well I'm in the studio in front of a pc doing music :-P or I sit at home in front of a PC an shoot the sh*t out of some guys playing Quake3 oder RTCW-ET, or I just sit in front of my second pc and fondle around with my Debian Linux to explore some new stuff I haven't figured out yet.

In my job I sit in front of a computer and paint funny network diagrams for the infrastructure we have there.

HELP ME heh
Old 1st August 2009
Lives for gear

The only spare time you should have is when you're dead....

Seriously, anybody wanna get their ass handed to them in 2K9 (10 when it comes out) holla at me.. Or on the "real" court! heh

TV:
Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern
True Blood
Weeds
Entourage
Soprano reruns (never get tired of them)

As of late, I've been watching "The T O Show"....
Old 1st August 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eager2Know View Post
I sit at home in front of a PC an shoot the sh*t out of some guys playing Quake3

Man this IS an old thread, eh? Quake 3...those were the days...

I was hooked on racing gas powered 1/8 scale off road RC cars for a long time. You guys should try it. It is A LOT of fun. This is the last place I raced and I miss it like crazy: YouTube - Tiltyard, NRL Round 2 Buggy/Truggy Race, Dayton VA
Was also hooked on playing Left4dead on Xbox 360. Now I'm addicted to home improvements. Probably a better return on my investment than racing RC cars or playing Xbox all day heh
Old 1st August 2009
I watch a lot of sports! I go to the gym with my gf, and I go fishing once in a while.
Old 1st August 2009
Lives for gear

read....school....women
Old 1st August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpuma View Post
sex, marijuana,rioting,watching loose change...
lol... I typed that ****... I smoke a lot less now, did not get involved in anything violent for 3/4 years and replaced sex with love...
Old 1st August 2009
Gear Head

School's not really a hobby lol. Lurking on forums... that a hobby?
Old 2nd August 2009
Lives for gear

1 sleep
2 food
3 sex
4 graphics
5 music
Old 2nd August 2009
Lives for gear
I play Madden, I guess I'm as pro as it get. I'm sponsored other than that I live a pretty boring life.
Old 2nd August 2009
Lives for gear

photography, spending time with my girlfriend, the gym/crossfit, and comedy
Old 2nd August 2009
Lives for gear

I read, i exercise, go to the movies almost every week.
I practice and practice again ( bass and keyz ) and read all i can find about songwriting and mixing.

I don't have a full time Job... learning music and geting beter at it is my full time job. No GF, no kids so all my time is for me only but i'm broke as hell

-Alxi-
Old 2nd August 2009
Lives for gear

(Try to) spend time with GOD. It's a true struggle.
Spend time with my family.
Build with my peoples.
I really like studyin' the scriptures, like breakin' down the greek and hebrew. It's crazy.
Definitely sex with wifey..
I help with community events, we do these rap shows for free in different projects just to reach these streets with what we call "the gospel". It just means "good news".
On the other side of the spectrum, I really like goin' to the shooting range.
Old 2nd August 2009
Lives for gear

I spend far too much money buying and riding exotic Italian motorcycles, and also love to get muddy.... Hi my name is Darwin, and I'm a rida.

Visuals (a few previous and current rides, no pics of my other bikes):

Old 2nd August 2009
SFB
Gear Addict

I play basketball. I actually enjoy it even more than music.
Old 2nd August 2009
Lives for gear

well, thats what im doing for a living (working on tower cranes)... as for hobbies... im about to get back into fly fishing, other than that there is no time for anything else
Old 2nd August 2009
Gear Nut

Practice, Practice, Practice ... Finnaly the 7/8 time of my life I practice my mix !

I records some clients, mix.

Else,

Rap, Football, Hockey ..

Winning life
Old 2nd August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin James View Post
I spend far too much money buying and riding exotic Italian motorcycles, and also love to get muddy.... Hi my name is Darwin, and I'm a rida.

Visuals (a few previous and current rides, no pics of my other bikes):

Be careful. I lost my potna Rod back in Feb to a bike accident. I wanted a bike for the longest... but it's all changed now.
Old 2nd August 2009
Lives for gear

Do a little dance,make a little love.....
Old 2nd August 2009
Gear Maniac

3 Cushion Billiards
Old 2nd August 2009
Lives for gear

mostly fishing. alot of outdoor activities--nature in general. i also collect art, and scuba dive. but mostly fishing...
Attached Thumbnails
What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?-copy-meking-giant-catfish1.jpg   What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?-walter-brun-fishing-56-.jpg   What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?-walter-brun-fishing-20-.jpg   What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?-beckys-musky.jpg   What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?-ac-striper-fall-o5-009.jpg  

What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?-dscn0043.jpg   What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?-imgp1730.jpg   What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?-fall-haliburton-o5-017.jpg   What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?-nagagamisis-summer-05-cookin-walleye.jpg   What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?-pa180065.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2009
Gear Addict

i have a light/heavy video game addiction lol.

Xbox & ps3. Madden.Call Of Duty..etc.

attend audio engineering school, write music, work at best buy, hang with the GF go to the gym....go to the movies.
and MOST important of all practie my craft..endlessly

and i stay watching the NFL when its on.
Good Times.
Old 3rd August 2009
Lives for gear

i'm an alcoholic in my spare time.
Old 3rd August 2009
Lives for gear

Well when not doing things music related I play basketball, build pc's, spend time with wife and kids, movies and should I even say it? I play WoW.
Old 3rd August 2009
Lives for gear
I'm a former grafitti writer but as I grew older and got into music I cleaned up my act. Now I'm really into basketball. Funny thing is I didn't start playing till I was 24 years old, which means I've had to be really serious about training in order to be able to actually play anyone. heh So that means I go to the gym to lift weights 2 times a week and do plyometric training 2 times a week as well. But nothings wrong with staying in shape - makes me work better/faster/more efficient too.
Old 3rd August 2009
Lives for gear

RC Helicopters! RC Planes and 1st Person Shooters(Battlefield 2 when I was really playing.) I also enjoy first Combat Flight Simulators and Building PCs (Although this has become another job)
YouTube - T-REX 600 Nitro Pro - Alan Szabo Jr.

I have TRex 450s and TRex 600 Nitro like the one in video and Custom Blade CPPro Extreem, Honeybee King V2 and a little Blade CX. In planes I have a Cenesta and a Yak54 3D.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search