The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 23rd May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti
His hat is either Blue or Red. If Homo#1 and Homo#2 both have a blue hat on, Blind Melon could have on either a red or a blue hat.

I like to Golf, Ride my 2005 Harley FXDWG, play wiffle ball in the back yard, and love the NFL....Bears

OK Homo's and blind melon

(I used to get frustrated as a kid when I couldnt figure the answer. Hopefully you'll out grow it)heh
Old 23rd May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narykcin
My answer to the overlap, was simple. .5x + 90 = 6x
the hour hand moves at a rate of .5 degrees per minute, the minute hand moves at 6 degrees per minute. 90 is degree for 3pm. Solve for X
90=5.5x
x =90/5.5 = 16.363636 this is the point where both the hour and minute hand are equal to each other. A more accurate number could be achieved if we ere looking at the second hand too.

The blind man knows his hat is blue. The other two must have the same color if they can't identify their color (they are looking at the same thing, either 1red hat or 1 blue hat). And if they have two reds the blind man's hat has to be blue. and if they have two blues and can't tell what color hat they have it's because the blind man's hat is blue.

I like your way (I didnt think of it that way) I figure the hands are in the same place at Noon and Midnight. The time between noon and midnight is cut in to 11 equal intervals of 1/11th of 12 hours (1:05:27:27) At the end of each of these intervals the hands are in the same place Since the problem called for 3x 1/11th of 12 hours

3:16:21:82
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

outside of music i do...........

ahhh...hummm

ahhh.....

i do....ahhh

humm....

let me think for a sec.
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet
OK Homo's and blind melon

(I used to get frustrated as a kid when I couldnt figure the answer. Hopefully you'll out grow it)heh
Take it easy Brotha...just havin some fun here.
But to seriously answer this riddle, the only way the blind guy (or anyone) could know his hat is blue, would be to see the other 2 both wearing red hats.
It makes no sense...If the first 2 were wearing blue hats, they would not be able to be sure of their own color hat. The blind guy could have a red hat, or a blue hat...
Maybe you worded it wrong Mr. Grownup
Old 23rd May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
Take it easy Brotha...just havin some fun here.
But to seriously answer this riddle, the only way the blind guy (or anyone) could know his hat is blue, would be to see the other 2 both wearing red hats.
It makes no sense...If the first 2 were wearing blue hats, they would not be able to be sure of their own color hat. The blind guy could have a red hat, or a blue hat...
Maybe you worded it wrong Mr. Grownup

First off I was just joking with you no big deal it's fun for all.

It's COOL

BUT honestly I worded it correctly and someone answered it correctly. The blind dude didnt have to SEE the hats (hell he'd be in trouble if he did heh )

He knew that the other 2 couldnt determine their own hat color Plus he knew that they were 2 red and 3 blue

He Had to have a blue hat on. That's how he knew his hat color.

(IF you need me to break it down further let me know but I didnt word the question wrong)
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

EXACTLY, and the first two DIDNT know so THEY DIDN'T SEE TWO REDS...they either saw All Blue, or red/blue.... and if the second guy to speak saw a red haT on blind guy, he would've known he was blue.... so once blindguy hears second guy say i dont know, he KNOWS his hats not red...
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Maniac

when I´m not in studio playing with gear, I´m in the workshop building it.

gearslut 4 life heh

check out my homebrewed toys if you like:

http://www.diygallery.de/Galeria/index.html

steff
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterayok
EXACTLY, and the first two DIDNT know so THEY DIDN'T SEE TWO REDS...they either saw All Blue, or red/blue.... and if the second guy to speak saw a red haT on blind guy, he would've known he was blue.... so once blindguy hears second guy say i dont know, he KNOWS his hats not red...
If the second guy to speak saw a red hat on the blind guy, he would not have known his hat color....
It is a simple process of elimination.
Try reading this senerio again, with the knowlege that both guy 1 and guy 2 both have blue hats on.
Guy 1 sees a blue on 2 and a red on bg, or a blue on 2 and a blue on bg... unable to know his hat color.
Guy 2 sees a blue on 2 and a red on bg, or a blue on 2 and a blue on bg... unable to know his hat color.
The blind guy could have either a red or a blue hat on.
Think about it...
The answers givin from both guy 1 and 2 would be EXACTLY the same, if they both have blue hats and the blind guy could have either a blue OR a red...
So much fun!
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffen

gearslut 4 life heh

steff

Yeah!! your stuff looks vey nice!

dussel
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

gearslut 4 life heh

steff
wow, looks great
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:

gearslut 4 life heh

steff
wanna send me stuff to test? i am eventually wanting to release a few gear pieces.
Old 23rd May 2006
500 series nutjob

Quote:

gearslut 4 life heh

steff
looks sweet!
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
If the second guy to speak saw a red hat on the blind guy, he would not have known his hat color....
It is a simple process of elimination.
Try reading this senerio again, with the knowlege that both guy 1 and guy 2 both have blue hats on.
Guy 1 sees a blue on 2 and a red on bg, or a blue on 2 and a blue on bg... unable to know his hat color.
Guy 2 sees a blue on 2 and a red on bg, or a blue on 2 and a blue on bg... unable to know his hat color.
The blind guy could have either a red or a blue hat on.
Think about it...
The answers givin from both guy 1 and 2 would be EXACTLY the same, if they both have blue hats and the blind guy could have either a blue OR a red...
So much fun!

no, cause if guy two sees a red on bg, then he HAS to be blue, otherwise guy 1 would've known HIS was blue....

put yourself in the shoes of guy #2... soon as first guy says what hes says you say "i KNOW me and blind guy are not both wearing red, so if i look over, and blind guy has red, then i'm DEFINATELY BLUE... but he says he doesn't know, so therefore Blind guy MUST be blue...
Old 23rd May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
no, cause if guy two sees a red on bg, then he HAS to be blue, otherwise guy 1 would've known HIS was blue....

put yourself in the shoes of guy #2... soon as first guy says what hes says you say "i KNOW me and blind guy are not both wearing red, so if i look over, and blind guy has red, then i'm DEFINATELY BLUE... but he says he doesn't know, so therefore Blind guy MUST be blue...
Exactlythumbsup
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Okay becuase everyone told his or her (was there a she???) profession, I will do that also: I work as a designer (Photo, print, video, web and product (industrial))

Hobbies outside of music:

Some sports (hoping to do more in the future!!!)

My sweeties (Wife and daughter)

Wine and Dine (Cooking, Drinking, Reading about these things, talking about them, enjoying restaurants...)

Playstation 2 (and of course number three, when it comes out)

Actually Gearslutz took a lot of my sparetime, but I still love to waste it here.

... whoah sweetie what do you want with the hammer in front of my computer? ... Noooooooooo

heh
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
I like your way (I didnt think of it that way) I figure the hands are in the same place at Noon and Midnight. The time between noon and midnight is cut in to 11 equal intervals of 1/11th of 12 hours (1:05:27:27) At the end of each of these intervals the hands are in the same place Since the problem called for 3x 1/11th of 12 hours

3:16:21:82
Wow, i never would have come up with that one. I just figured that for each hour there had to be a point where the hands crossed. I know at 3:15 the hour hand was still ahead of the minute hand, but at 3:17, the minute hand was ahead of the hour hand, it was a matter of solving for when both hands of the same angle from 12.
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Maniac

hobbies huh?

Video games, Mountain Biking, Concerts(does that count?), DJ(gotta love Serato)....don't have time these days for anything but when I do ..I do...hahaha
Old 23rd May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukmusic
outside of music i do...........

ahhh...hummm

ahhh.....

i do....ahhh

humm....

let me think for a sec.
I feel ya, nukmusic!

As I got a very time consuming day(sometimes night) job (as a biologist and phD student in the field of molecular enviromental health research)

So the rest of the time has something to do with music:

- beatmaking
- crates diggin
- recording (for myself & others)
- writing rhymes
- organizing & promoting shows (O.K., not more than 3 or four a year)
- doing my own live shows
- my monthly radio show at our local public radio
- and of course going out getting drunk and clubbing at the weekends
(besides the fun, always some kind of networking)

Well, besides music?

at work I often have to wait for incubation time, where I play some chess with my colleagues, reading in gearslutz and other forums, and in the evening we sometimes even do some lan shooting-games like unreal tournament.

And I'm a news junkie,

at least we still got some serious programs over here and not only crab like FoxNews

I need my local newspaper, my TV news, my online mags, always on da hunt for the small things besides the headlines just a few covering, which are taken together give you the bigger picture, THEY want to hide for the ordinary people.

And I even find some time to read books, mostly "non-fiction", historical or mystical type of things.

The day needs some more hours for sure!!!
Old 23rd May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:

gearslut 4 life heh

steff

Hey Steffen, you must be the buddy of my man Cap C (owner of the flipside record store in Düsseldope)!

You're from the region called "Grenzland", right?

He always told me of the sonic quality of the gear you are building, but he never told me that they also look quite fancy!

Don't know if Carsten talked to you about that, but I want you and him doing the mastering of my album.
So I'm really looking forward to meeting you.

There is just one more song for me to finish, then I will contact Carsten the next or in two weeks and I hope I do not have to rework too many of my songs/mixes.

I really like what you did on the "Sumsemann" track for the "RheinRuhrPakt 4 " Sampler. (must been some time ago, 'cause it was laying on ice for at least a year)
It sounds so much better, than what a colleague of mine did with his plugins itb for the rest of this sampler (including my song ).

What makes me so sure, you are the right one?

Well, I let denic/whois take a look at your page.

I don't think there is another guy from Viersen called Steffen building this type of gear. heh

Greetings,
Der Calles
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Maniac

Vespa motorscooter riding/modding/fixing
Graphic design/layout
Learning how to fix/paint my girlfriend's '77 Camaro
Drinking a lot
Nasal snuff (gawith apricot holler)
Praying that someone cracks the Nintendo DS' hardware so that Linux or something will flow
Eating sandwiches
Old 24th May 2006
MDM
Gear Addict

you guys will probably find me some kinda New-Age-geezer-slut

i have a wonderful danish G.F. - we perform sometimes together , she sings, I play & sing - for the rest we're in the bed pretty much...
also, we do some really strange things - like Energy Transmissions and shamanic ceremonies...
I like to travel and every year in winter i get out for at least 2 months, -- to India, or Australia or some other gorgeous part of the world.
Be away from studio - meet people, see wonderful places, make new friends, get some air.
Further, I am a total cuisine-freak - I love cooking, especially for friends, and like to organize dinners and treat everyone on some great food...
In India they say : Good food, good music !
In the moment, I am into the Indian kitchen and leardning a lot about that - but I am also into Thai, french and well you get the point !
Yes - Love, friends, sex, food, music, nature, city-nightlife - Ah ! A happy geezer I am.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

gearslut 4 life heh

steff
I have to ask. . . how'd you do white lettering on black? Did you actually silk screen it?!?!

(And no, that's not a riddle like the 3 blue hat 2 red hat thing.)
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:

I apologize to everyone here for getting off track with this riddle crap, but I am having fun with this...
To stay on subject, I also like going fishing as a hobby.
Attached Thumbnails
What are People's Hobbies Outside of Music/ Audio?-bm.jpg  
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
I apologize to everyone here for getting off track with this riddle crap, but I am having fun with this...
To stay on subject, I also like going fishing as a hobby.
incorrect-----if the second guy sees a red hat on blindguy, he would KNOW his hat is BLUE, and couldn't have said "i don't know"------thats the part your not getting--remember the SECOND guy didn't know either...
Old 24th May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
incorrect-----if the second guy sees a red hat on blindguy, he would KNOW his hat is BLUE, and couldn't have said "i don't know"------thats the part your not getting--remember the SECOND guy didn't know either...

Exactly (Again). The solution involves seeing from the 2nd guy's perspective. If the 2nd guy sees a red hat on the blind guy, AND he knows that the first guy couldnt tell what color his hat was by looking at 2 and B3 (Blind 3), (He knows that guy 1 must have seen either 2 blues or a blue and a red, but IF 2 could look at 3 and see a red, he would know his had to be Blue because guy 1 had choices of (2 blues or a blue and a red)

Since 2 cannot determine his color THEn we know 3 CANNOT be wearing RED

the blind guy cannot have on red. Otherwise the 2nd guy would know his own hat color..

No fear though, I got plenty more if you need em
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Exactly (Again). The solution involves seeing from the 2nd guy's perspective. If the 2nd guy sees a red hat on the blind guy, AND he knows that the first guy couldnt tell what color his hat was by looking at 2 and B3 (Blind 3), (He knows that guy 1 must have seen either 2 blues or a blue and a red, but IF 2 could look at 3 and see a red, he would know his had to be Blue because guy 1 had choices of (2 blues or a blue and a red)

Since 2 cannot determine his color THEn we know 3 CANNOT be wearing RED

the blind guy cannot have on red. Otherwise the 2nd guy would know his own hat color..

No fear though, I got plenty more if you need em
OK.OK,OK,OK....GUY#2....GOT IT!
Peace Brotha's
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
GOT IT, GOT IT, GOT IT!!!
GOT IT.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
GOT IT.
I know...damn.
Old 24th May 2006
no ssl yet
Quote:
OK.OK,OK,OK....GUY#2....GOT IT!
Peace Brotha's

If ya'll want more of em, we can start a thread. I've been practicing alot. (NEVER know when I'll have to dust off the old degrees and get a J O B
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
GOT IT.
Wait a sec, are you one of the guys from Yeti on a Budget?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search